Mordhau

Dev appreciation thread

Knight 685 1852
  • 12 Nov '17
 ÐMontyleGueux

With the current wave of upcoming games with a 60$ pricetag and lootboxes, multiplayer and solo games, i feel like we should thanks Triternion for their work ethic.

The video game industry seems to be more about pure money making and less about actual games every year.

• ARK, a game in early access, pushed a paid dlc, despite EA being the promise of future free content.
  • AC Origins and Shadow of War are pushing the limit with lootboxes mechanics in singleplayer games.
  • SW Battlefront II, the game following the 60$ alpha of a game, also has lootboxes in an obviously half assed game destined to earn as much money as possible on star wars fans.

There is much more to be said about the topic, but most will get the idea at that point.
While i think they could communicate better, I'm glad that we can still count on some brave independant teams to provide us with good games to play.
Keep up the good work !

EDIT : http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/how-activision-uses-matchmaking-tricks-to-sell-in-game-items-w509288

That's how fucked we are. Glad we have Mordhau.

Baroness 6089 7045
  • 12 Nov '17
 Sammy

The first Battlefront has more content than this shit game

Knight 661 1012
  • 12 Nov '17
 VampireDuck

The same could be said about the amount of comments you have Sammy. Quantity is not always better than quality.

2388 4851
  • 12 Nov '17
 Maci

Slasher was better

Baroness 6089 7045
  • 12 Nov '17
 Sammy

@VampireDuck said:
The same could be said about the amount of comments you have Sammy. Quantity is not always better than quality.

Wow, such a mighty blow - this hurt my feelings very much

Knight 147 890
  • 13 Nov '17
 Kiste262

WHO says they wont add lootboxes?