Mordhau

Remove Third Person

Baron 291 224
  • 9 Nov '17
 Esa1996

@Huggles said:
maybe they can hard cap third person fov to 100 or something like that and only allow 130 for first person.

Didn't they already cap 3rd person POV to 110 FOV?

Personally, though I come from WOTR which is a 3rd person POV only game, I don't used 3rd person POV in Mordhau. Most people I've talked to who used to play WOTR want 3rd person POV in the game though.

Baroness 6089 7045
  • 10 Nov '17
 Sammy

3rd person should be hard capped to 70 fov

Knight 936 949
  • 10 Nov '17
 afiNity

remove it

Knight 57 63
  • 10 Nov '17
 Edmund

Keep it

Baron 578 966
  • 10 Nov '17
 lash

I say wait for beta and make official vote.

Knight 240 388
  • 10 Nov '17
 NitroSperg6K

@Sammy said:
You guys are arguing it brings in more people but is there any proof to this?

everyone knows every 3rd person player is a shitter.
any standard 1p player ez's them, the 'advantages' outweigh the and visibility and precision of whats going on in front of you in 1st

Baroness 6089 7045
  • 10 Nov '17
 Sammy

@BurritoWarrior said:

@Sammy said:

any standard 1p player ez's them, the 'advantages' outweigh the and visibility and precision of whats going on in front of you in 1st

what's the point in keeping it then? Make everyone play 1st person and they'll either leave if they can't do it, or they'll get good with it.

Knight 3303 6769
  • 11 Nov '17
 Bodkin

Honestly I think the third person would be better if it was over the shoulder a bit and had a lower fov cap than it does now. This would keep it capable of dealing with facehugging a bit better and give you a better overall look over your character while keeping you from having a FOV advantage.

Might make things from one side a little harder, but I think this would be the best way to be in the end. Right now it ruins your ability in facehugging scenarios, but when I used it, I was able to drag a lot more easily since you can actually see the weapon model clearly. It also really helps footwork.

Making it over the shoulder makes that a bit less effective and just ends up looking cooler in the end anyway

If there ends up being a problem, it won't happen because of third person itself. It will happen because of the current semi-bird's-eye view that allows for much better combat awareness outside of short range. Making the camera more level with the character and over the shoulder slightly will fix this potential issue.

Duke 2266 4009
  • 11 Nov '17
 Huggles

Perfect solution imho. The camera being slightly above the character and just a bit too wide reaching are the main issues. This would fix all the problems imho.

2388 4850
  • 11 Nov '17
 Maci

or just do the only right thing and
D E L E T

40 33

I agree.. no third person

Mercenary 54 65
  • 13 Nov '17
 edwyn1

i dislike 3rd person but if it was to show your frontside i would be happier, basically just make it for looking at your character lmao

Sellsword 4 8
  • 13 Nov '17
 Prometheus

All you cucks bitching because 3rd person gives a tiny little advantage that's not even worth bringing up amuses me

Baroness 6089 7045
  • 13 Nov '17
 Sammy

@Prometheus said:
All you cucks bitching because 3rd person gives a tiny little advantage that's not even worth bringing up amuses me

No one cares about what amuses you nig

Knight 240 388
  • 13 Nov '17
 NitroSperg6K

@Sammy said:

@BurritoWarrior said:

@Sammy said:

what's the point in keeping it then? Make everyone play 1st person and they'll either leave if they can't do it, or they'll get good with it.

for the casuals u utter goon
3rd person is obviously not going to be in comp. honestly anyone who finds issue with 3rd players are just certified shitters

• 13 Nov '17
 NitroSperg6K
This comment was deleted.
Knight 661 1011
  • 13 Nov '17
 VampireDuck

@BurritoWarrior said:
anyone who finds issue with 3rd players are just certified shitters

**3rd person user detected**

Baroness 6089 7045
  • 13 Nov '17
 Sammy

@VampireDuck said:

@BurritoWarrior said:
anyone who finds issue with 3rd players are just certified shitters

**3rd person user detected**

Burrito was confirmed to use 3rd person in Mordhau.

94 102
  • 18 Nov '17
 TheShade

How can this post have 16 likes???? Screw democracy.

Knight 661 1011
  • 18 Nov '17
 VampireDuck

@TheShade said:
How can this post have 16 likes???? Screw democracy.

Since there is no down-vote we can't really use the amount of likes as an indicator of the majority's preference unless we compare it to the amount of people who read the message. So this really has nothing to do with democracy.