Mordhau

[Atro's Mordhau Statistics] Raw data from Alpha #9

Knight 43 91
  • 1
  • 22 Oct '17
 Atro

RAW DATA :D

Have a peek at the latest numbers. They are a great tool for studying the different weapons along with their strengths and weaknesses.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sx1uGcSGpLJkn2ORZl5pr_tI5yuG0DxE4yiBuaiUNYw/edit?usp=sharing

Huge Credit

[InXA] Kahnr for helping me collect the damage numbers and providing footage for the timing breakdown.

3234 4260
  • 22 Oct '17
 Havoc

Why is default damage 100?

Knight 43 91
  • 22 Oct '17
 Atro

When recording dmg numbers we don't bother doing the math on the spot. So we plug in the remaining health and the sheet calculates for us. Less mistakes.

Knight 292 904
  • 22 Oct '17
 GIRUGIRU

I'm not 100% sure but i think all your windup values are affected by your ping, so unless you tested it on a local server its gonna be janky af values

good job though nevertheless, there NEEDS to be a spreadsheet like this i have no idea how triternion expect to balance without one

76 153
  • 2
  • 23 Oct '17
 intTobey

Cool, thanks for this. It's hard to read though.

I'm noticing that some weapon's damages are different that one would expect between body parts.

For example, the billhook alt grip slash says 40 dmg to unarmored chest, yet 100 damage for unarmored head. The head hit here is doing at least 2.5x damage, which is far more than most other head-hit multipliers. Is it incorrect data or can body part damages be set independently?

Knight 161 227
  • 23 Oct '17
 Q

@GIRUGIRU said:
...there NEEDS to be a spreadsheet like this i have no idea how triternion expect to balance without one

I second this. Would be nice to have an official data-sheet.

76 153
  • 23 Oct '17
 intTobey

@Q said:

@GIRUGIRU said:
...there NEEDS to be a spreadsheet like this i have no idea how triternion expect to balance without one

I second this. Would be nice to have an official data-sheet.

Or better yet, build the base weapon stats into the weapon selection UI, both damage and timings.

Knight 292 904
  • 23 Oct '17
 GIRUGIRU

@intTobey said:
Cool, thanks for this. It's hard to read though.

I'm noticing that some weapon's damages are different that one would expect between body parts.

For example, the billhook alt grip slash says 40 dmg to unarmored chest, yet 100 damage for unarmored head. The head hit here is doing at least 2.5x damage, which is far more than most other head-hit multipliers. Is it incorrect data or can body part damages be set independently?

Billhook does have a higher headshot multiplier along with Warhammer

Baroness 175 185
  • 23 Oct '17
 Edy_Nelson

From what I heard all numbers have been put in by hand, multipliers might not even exist.

Also, would it be possible to re-arrange the numbers in a way to be more readable?
Right now its very messy.

Duchess 6861 9829
  • 23 Oct '17
 Sir Zombie

There are no set multipliers. Theoretically you could make a weapon that 1shots to armored legs but deals 0 damage anywhere else.
And to re-arrange I propose the format used in the masterthread.

Knight 43 91
  • 1
  • 23 Oct '17
 Atro

@GIRUGIRU said:
I'm not 100% sure but i think all your windup values are affected by your ping, so unless you tested it on a local server its gonna be janky af values

good job though nevertheless, there NEEDS to be a spreadsheet like this i have no idea how triternion expect to balance without one

All testing was done in a zero latency environment. Timings are frame by frame measurements recorded @60fps/@120fps. Each timing was tested 2-6 times each. With the exception of the billhook and the greatsword. These timings were done around 30-50 times each.

good job though nevertheless, there NEEDS to be a spreadsheet like this i have no idea how triternion expect to balance without one

Remember that they are not focused on balance atm. These alphas are meant for testing core functionality. I do this because data testing is just something I enjoy.


@Edy_Nelson said:
From what I heard all numbers have been put in by hand, multipliers might not even exist.

Also, would it be possible to re-arrange the numbers in a way to be more readable?
Right now it's very messy.

The data is organized to be pulled from for equations being done on separate tabs. For a more organized datasheet, standby and I'll have one that pulls from this database. Or you can also wait for the first of my data overview videos.

Baron 578 965
  • 23 Oct '17
 lash

I think that you are very cool doing stuff like this.

But devs, could you please release the official values for the weapons?

If you are expecting major changes soon to the damage setup, just post "fu" under mine post.

However, if you don't - please post desired DMG values :)

Ty... Im ur fan, uknow

Knight 1383 3152
  • 1
  • 24 Oct '17
 Tim_Fragmagnet

For those wondering about an official spreadsheet.

I spoke with the devs about getting some sort of loadout encyclopedia in the game while I was compiling information for the masterthread.

The encyclopedia would contain values for every aspect of weapons and armor and would pull directly from the code of the game, meaning it would always be up to date and correct. (unless bugged)

Such a concept would render the weapon section of the masterthread mostly irrelevant and free up reading room for more detailed information. It would also make maintaining and improving the masterthread much easier.

If such a thing makes it into the game however... We'll have to wait and see.

For now, I'm pretty much waiting for beta to begin to compile mass statistics into the masterthread.
As well as a general information update for it.

Conscript 294 345
  • 24 Oct '17
 Qwampa

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:
I spoke with the devs about getting some sort of loadout encyclopedia in the game while I was compiling information for the masterthread.

The encyclopedia would contain values for every aspect of weapons and armor and would pull directly from the code of the game, meaning it would always be up to date and correct. (unless bugged)

Wanted to suggest this. Great to see that it's being discussed already.