Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Dodgeball Official Thread

80 286
  • 21 Oct '17
 wizardish

SICK OF DUELING ALL THE TIME? ARE YOU BAD AT SKIRMISH OR TEAM DEATHMATCH? NEED SOMETHING NEW AND FUN TO DO IN MORDHAU? THEN COME PLAY MORDHAU DODGEBALL, THE NEXT BIG GAME MODE.

What is "mordhau dodgeball"?

Mordhau dodgeball is a community gamemode in which players fight to the death by throwing weapons at each other in a team setting. It's played in the skirmish mode on the map contraband and features 360 no scopes, slam dunks, and sheer fun. You can play with as little as four players, or upwards of 16, or really however many you can fit into a server.

How do I play?

Community member Naleaus has kindly dedicated his private server to the new dodgeball game mode. You can find this server (which is located in NA) named as "Dodgeball - Thrown Arming Swords, No Armor" (server name may be slightly varied, I will try to keep it updated).

Here is the current rules list: (subject to change, and always willing to take feedback)

-All players must have a loadout that has no armor pieces whatsoever and three arming swords.

-There is absolutely no parrying allowed at any point during rounds unless otherwise noted (view exceptions below).

-Each team must remain behind their side of the pillars at all times unless otherwise noted (view exceptions below).

-Avoid staying in the tunnels or long alley of the map, you should be in the middle 99% of the time unless otherwise noted (view exceptions below).

-Never use any kind of melee attack with the arming swords under any circumstance.

Exceptions:

-When there is one remaining player on either team, teams may then cross the pillars and venture to any point on the map. Players may also use fists and parry other fists during this time. Players may still use throwables, and are encouraged to, but don't necessarily have to in place of fists.

This rule also applies if there are less than 20 seconds remaining before the end of the round.

Misc:

This is a community driven gamemode, and as such, it's important to respect these rules so that it's fun for everyone. Admins will kick if need be, and that's really only as a last resort. Just play nice and enjoy the game.

EU people should come play - the high ping isn't too bad. Crush was able to top frag many games, so don't be deterred by the ping.

6 41
  • 21 Oct '17
 int | bada

My name is bada and I support this message.

301 875
  • 21 Oct '17
 Naleaus

I didn't get to play with the big group they had earlier cause of work, but the trial 2v2/3v3s we did when making up the game were a lot of fun. Definitely give it a try and organize some games if you get a chance.

214 412
  • 21 Oct '17
 Astonop

This sounds like a fun diversion from the usual being beaten into a bloody pulp. I'm in EU so sorry in advance for ping.

Mercenary 1263 2303
  • 21 Oct '17
 TheKingInTheNorth

If you think that's fun, you should try baseball!

Baron 50 64
  • 21 Oct '17
 A.L.I.E.N

TFW when you play on EU servers....

Knight 445 1074
  • 23 Oct '17
 Knight Nicholas

Holy shit, my idea came to life
Thanks fam

Duke 154 208
Knight 1 1
  • 24 Oct '17
 Curse

This is amazing.

Sellsword 254 310
  • 24 Oct '17
 Redeaux

Finally a gamemode I can get behind

Knight 10 11
  • 25 Oct '17
 PrinceCharming

Shit, I might be able to play this gamemode with my broken finger.