• 15 Oct '17
 SturmVermin

240 system is now back to being inconsistent for me :(

Knight 196 414

Haven't tested it yet but nerds to spear make me MAD FACE. >:(

Baron 291 224
  • 15 Oct '17
 Esa1996

Please return to the click > flick system in the 240 system. It was really easy to use and quite precise too. I can't aim my hits at all with this new system.

Other than that I like the changes. Attacks especially look much better now that the time difference between the windup and release is smaller.

Making the parry box smaller would also be nice as at the moment direction is quite irrelevant in parrying.

988 6974
  • 15 Oct '17
 marox — Project Lead

I'll add the 240 system angling after button press as a console toggle (for strikes only since stabs are normally on wheel)

Duke 5558 13284
  • 15 Oct '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@marox while you're at it, could you implement "inverse strike" and "inverse stab" keybinds, which would make the attack come from the opposite side of where you looked?

I know there's already an option to toggle this, but I prefer the default system - however, sometimes when I'm doing successive chambers or trying to track an enemy I run out of mousepad or get too off target.

(I might have overlooked an option in the settings, though.)

1315 2881
  • 15 Oct '17
 Monsteri

Better yet, implement a singular modifier button that flips both axis of the 240 system for the duration it's pressed. It's a must for effective acceleration and tracking targets.

988 6974
  • 15 Oct '17
 marox — Project Lead

@Jax said:
@marox while you're at it, could you implement "inverse strike" and "inverse stab" keybinds, which would make the attack come from the opposite side of where you looked?

I know there's already an option to toggle this, but I prefer the default system - however, sometimes when I'm doing successive chambers or trying to track an enemy I run out of mousepad or get too off target.

This might quickly spiral out of control in terms of buttons, given that one person might want left/right swapped or up/down swapped or both. :(

1315 2881
  • 15 Oct '17
 Monsteri

@marox said:

@Jax said:

This might quickly spiral out of control in terms of buttons, given that one person might want left/right swapped or up/down swapped or both. :(

A single modifier button (lAlt) that flips both axis when pressed will be enough. I've outlined many of the problems with 240 input without such a modifier button here: http://mordhau.com/forum/comment/101882/find/

Duke 5558 13284
  • 15 Oct '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@marox said:

@Jax said:

Having the option to bind it can't hurt, can it?

My mouse has a modifier that changes each button to a secondary press, I'd love to have this inverted attack on my left mouse button when I hold that modifier :(

Baron 291 224
  • 15 Oct '17
 Esa1996

@Monsteri said:

@marox said:

@Jax said:

A single modifier button (lAlt) that flips both axis when pressed will be enough. I've outlined many of the problems with 240 input without such a modifier button here: http://mordhau.com/forum/comment/101882/find/

That was a very good post and I wholly agree with everything you said in it.

Duke 14 9
  • 16 Oct '17
 Castamere

I'm loving the feel of chambers and the attack queuing during parries.

Baron 134 315
  • 16 Oct '17
 2cool2care

@Monkeytoes said:

@Frise said:
Parry and chamber window really did not need an increase...

Why not chamber window? Chambers aren’t supposed to be that hard.

Well if i remember well, the term used by marox in the "basic video" was "immensly difficult move" or something like that

Knight 1366 1852
  • 17 Oct '17
 Trevz TheCuz

So would you guys say that the 240 mouse angling system is better or worse now?

What do you think?

(^Still hasn't played the alpha yet, so i'd appreciate detailed explanations if willing.)

Knight 3313 6811
  • 18 Oct '17
 Bodkin

The system feels more responsive to me, I have no idea what everyone is having issues with.

This game feels great to me, so much better than chivalry. I honestly don't know how anyone could say they prefer chiv in a rational manner. I personally think everyone is just salty that they aren't good anymore and keep trying to shoehorn effective chivalry tactics into a game that isn't chiv.

I love this game so far and cancer projection isn't even in the damn game yet, so they must be doing something right

Duke 5558 13284
  • 18 Oct '17
 Jax — Community Manager

Getting kick stunned when your weapon is .01 inches away from someone's face when you have the initiative isn't a CMW tactic, nor is it fun

There are some issues with Mordy, but I still fuckin love it and trust the devs to polish things out

Baron 291 224
  • 18 Oct '17
 Esa1996

@Trevz TheCuz said:
So would you guys say that the 240 mouse angling system is better or worse now?

What do you think?

(^Still hasn't played the alpha yet, so i'd appreciate detailed explanations if willing.)

IMO it's far worse than it was before patch 9.

Why?

The old system had you click and then flick to make an attack. What you did before clicking didn't matter, only the direction the mouse was moving at the moment you pressed down LMB (Where it was moving after the click didn't matter either). If the mouse wasn't moving at the moment you pressed down LMB the game took the first movement you did with LMB pressed as the input. This enabled you to flick and click at the same time: as long as your mouse was still moving when LMB was clicked, it registered.

The new system takes input from before the click. This means that should I click a fraction of a second before I begin my click, the attack will go in a totally random direction.

Instead of the old system where you decided that "I want to hit NOW" and then made a small flick with the mouse to tell the game where you want to hit, the new system forces you to think "I want to hit SOON" and make the flick before clicking (And should your flick end and you begin bringing your mouse back to the center position before you click, the strike will start in the wrong direction). Basically the new system makes aiming strikes where you want them to go really hard.

Knight 162 231
  • 18 Oct '17
 Q

Really liking the changes in this patch so far. Especially with regard to the movement.

Knight 445 1074
  • 18 Oct '17
 Knight Nicholas

I'd like for them to implement a small arrow indicator onto the crosshair that indicates what direction your next attack will be in. Visual indicators like this would help players better understand how the 240 system works without even having to attack, and give much better feeling to attack angling overall.
06-512.png

Knight 3313 6811
  • 18 Oct '17
 Bodkin

@Jax said:
Getting kick stunned when your weapon is .01 inches away from someone's face when you have the initiative isn't a CMW tactic, nor is it fun

There are some issues with Mordy, but I still fuckin love it and trust the devs to polish things out

If your weapon was .01 inches from someone's face and you got kicked (where kicks are shorter and slower than the grand majority of weapons), then you never had the "initiative" in the first place and got punished for being overaggressive, plain and simple.

You can always combo feint into a kick, and the kick windup blocks other kicks, there's no need to time it.

The hand hits are indeed annoying with kicks, I'll say that much should be changed.

96 128
  • 18 Oct '17
 Reapy

@kEsa1996 said:
Instead of the old system where you decided that "I want to hit NOW" and then made a small flick with the mouse to tell the game where you want to hit, the new system forces you to think "I want to hit SOON" and make the flick before clicking (And should your flick end and you begin bringing your mouse back to the center position before you click, the strike will start in the wrong direction). Basically the new system makes aiming strikes where you want them to go really hard.

Haven't tried it yet, but really interesting how the different brain patterns work for choosing to attack. Playing m&b I really was just dialed into flick and click because the direction was very important, more so than the timing. I imagine you have a chivalry background where the timing is more important than the directions and so you want to be precise in the start time of the attack.

I like the button pressing ending the attack input collection too because it is precise and faster, it is one pixel movement. When you click and flick, the flick is some timing window, how long do you have to continue flicking? How long until you can adjust your view after clicking? Probably a long window of time.

When you move first, one or two pixels, then click, you know that your camera is free to angle the swing any way you want now and your mouse is back to looking around. It is very clear and fast. Flick, click, back to moving.

I think if anything going with this will make it more relaxing for m&b players coming into mordhau anyhow and probably should be the default. Having the option to change it though is good because I believe I've seen a lot of talk over in m&b about people wanting to click & flick over there.

I know, small team, priorities, but hope down the line in release they can have a really sweet swing control config screen to just absolutely set it up how you want between all these options. Have a few preset control schemes that are well thought out, and then tons of configuration options. I'd have that really low on the priority list though heh