Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

High ping only in this game.

1 2
  • 14 Oct '17
 SwolleyMammoth

I live in Utah, so I'm not out of the way but I seem to have ping of 80-120 most of the time and super often ping spikes of 200+
Anyone been able to fix a ping problem for this game? I don't have high ping or spikes in any other game.

Knight 162 231
  • 15 Oct '17
 Q

I am not having this issue, but I am in EU. It could be the server/game. However it could be on your end. This type of game requires very low latency. It is possible that you just notice it more in Mordhau than in other games.

I would personally struggle to play with a ping of 80-120 ms. You really want it under 50 ms.

Are you on wifi by any chance? If so, I would recommend investing in a hard-wired connection. Cable is cheap as chips. It is a slight ball ache installing it, but honestly not that bad. Fairly recently I ran 25 m of the stuff. Both ping and download speed improved considerably. Plus it is far more stable.

Knight 573 1165
  • 15 Oct '17
 JoBe

@SwolleyMammoth said:
I live in Utah, so I'm not out of the way but I seem to have ping of 80-120 most of the time and super often ping spikes of 200+
Anyone been able to fix a ping problem for this game? I don't have high ping or spikes in any other game.

Glad to hear I'm not alone with this. My Wi-Fi has never had the weird spikes with other games either.

1315 2881
  • 15 Oct '17
 Monsteri

I have a consistently higher ping as well. The EU Central servers are presumably located in Germany, and e.g. in CS:GO I'd have roughly 50-60 ping there, but in Mordhau it's 80-100.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 15 Oct '17
 vanguard

There is also something wrong with the ping showed in the scoreboard. When I get lag spikes, instead of the number going to, say, 200, it goes like to 4 or 15.

When I was in USA servers, my ping was like 18, then it goes to 200, back to 5 etc.

Knight 685 1855
  • 16 Oct '17
 ÐMontyleGueux

Why would it be the WiFi ? I play using my phone as a router via USB which works flawlessly within Mordhau. Depending on your landline, WiFi should be better than a phone's network.
One of my clanmate also experiences heavy lag on Mordhau (can't block anything, constant high ping symbol showing) while having a stable ping around 50 in game and around 20-30 with a packetloss under 0.5% on our teamspeak ( both are hosted in EUW ). Mordhau is the only game where the problem appears.

45 52
  • 20 Oct '17
 Cow

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
Why would it be the WiFi ? I play using my phone as a router via USB which works flawlessly within Mordhau. Depending on your landline, WiFi should be better than a phone's network.
One of my clanmate also experiences heavy lag on Mordhau (can't block anything, constant high ping symbol showing) while having a stable ping around 50 in game and around 20-30 with a packetloss under 0.5% on our teamspeak ( both are hosted in EUW ). Mordhau is the only game where the problem appears.

i think it's just due to an unstable connexion i play with some russian and they have better internet than edmund, edmund was lagging on CMW too...

edmund nice internet

Knight 46 37

Same issues here but only when im on the road. Im a truck driver and i play from the back of my sleeper and no matter where i am i usually get 100 ping on my hot spot but other games like overwatch i almost always have a low steady ping.

1 0
  • 6 Jun '19
 LAZPUTİN

I live in Turkey can QUIT MY CABLE INTERNET USE UP TO 1002 PING PING I'm BUY THIS SOLUTION IN OTHER GAMES 80-100

1315 2881
  • 7 Jun '19
 Monsteri

There are much more recent threads regarding this subject. Please read the rules and do not necropost.

1315 2881
  • 7 Jun '19
 Monsteri

This topic has been closed.