Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Player base already dwindling following the same fate as OKAM. How can they fix it?

Knight 14 7
  • 15 Oct '17
 DDRMANIAC007

@NewYariMeta said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
Combat is stale and whether some players like it or not. completely broken.

It's not, even without perks or a proper stam system implemented yet the combat is already deeper than chiv.

I know most people and ppl from chiv are going to rage hearing this. But facts are facts.

The fact is your just garbage son.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessBrainyAlfalfaSuperVinlin

Yes i definitely trust your opinion on the game over people who have thousands of hours in chiv and m&b comp.

lol m&b comp

3234 4264
  • 16 Oct '17
 Havoc

I'd assume they can fix dwindling player population it by fixing what needs to be fixed. Just keep poking @crushed with a pointy stick until either he dies or he fixes the things that need fixing.

King 2430 3418

@Havoc said:
I'd assume they can fix dwindling player population it by fixing what needs to be fixed. Just keep poking @crushed with a pointy stick until either he dies or he fixes the things that need fixing.

Maby we should put guns in the game

3234 4264
  • 16 Oct '17
 Havoc

@King Sinclair The FluffyDragon said:

@Havoc said:

Medieval firearms would be a nice addition, but this isn't the thread to discuss this.

Knight 86 94

@Havoc said:

this might help

King 2430 3418

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Havoc said:

this might help

No

848 694
  • 16 Oct '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@Mizikiell said:

@EliteTeamKiller said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Frise said:
Are you not capable of logical thinking? The hype of alpha release is gone for most people, and they have shit to do and games to play. That doesn't mean the game is dying.

And the combat isn't broken, you just completely fail to understand it, and complain about every fucking thing that kills you. Grow up please.

all i've done is ask a question

No you also said the game is broken (from your factual and totally objective point of view). Every time you post I see nothing but bitching and whining. From the videos you post it's pretty obvious that you are, no offense, pretty awful at the game. That is fine of course, but the reason you're never gonna get good is your whiny attitude. You're the type of guy who goes "that's just bullshit!" instead of "wow, i gotta figure out how to deal with that!" after every death and thus end up never improving.

It's like the Chiv players who cry about dragging and roh, instead of learning out to do it and/or counter it, or the ones who cry about archers but want to play as a shieldless Hero Vanguard.

The thing is that you shouldn't be forced to use shield just because there is couple decent archers. In chivalry there was no other counter to archers or throwables than shield.

Where as in mordhau you can parry them so there is counter no matter what weapon or armor you wear.

Archers in chivalry were complete aids and killjoys.

All I saw there iss bitching and moaning. You shouldn't be forced to not be an archer because their health is so low waah waaah see how that works? Also there WAS another counter to archers: moving out of the way /situational awareness.

Chivalry was quite balanced with respect to archers. They are mostly one hit kills, which completely makes it fair and balanced (not the Faux news variety). Why do you think they were very rarely at the top of kills, even the great ones?

But, being able to parry projectiles is a great addition to the genre, so long as they don't make it super easy to do. It should be a badass skill moment.

848 694
  • 16 Oct '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@Havoc said:

@Havoc said:

Medieval firearms would be a nice addition, but this isn't the thread to discuss this.

Medieval firearms:

Mercenary 83 73

Tbh there're really not as much player as when the alpha released. True but a normal process i guess as a few guys wrote in this thread.
But we also need to see that a few ppl left, not because the game is too hard to play but because they were playing against a few thousand hours of chiv experience which is telling me that this game is very similar to chiv. Things like dragging, feints, morphs are quit hard to understand for newbies in this genre. So hopefully they'll add a matchmaking in Beta to refill the servers again cause actually we need to say that the alpha is going to be dead but not the game at all.

111 131
  • 16 Oct '17
 Bang

You guys need to stop circle-jerking each other. There are a lot of broken/cheesey ways to fight and all people really play is contraband. This understandably gets old after awhile.

Give the devs feedback and have some patience.

Duke 162 274
  • 16 Oct '17
 BEACHES

@Bang said:
You guys need to stop circle-jerking each other. There are a lot of broken/cheesey ways to fight and all people really play is contraband. This understandably gets old after awhile.

KICKS.

I've made a point to spam them until they fix this shit.

Knight 23 48
  • 16 Oct '17
 babyben

@BEACHES said:
KICKS.

yeah that will probably help keep the game populated

Duke 162 274
  • 16 Oct '17
 BEACHES

@kattalainen said:

@BEACHES said:
KICKS.

yeah that will probably help keep the game populated

I don't know, playing socchau is pretty fun.

848 694
  • 16 Oct '17
 EliteTeamKiller

Team objective will fix everything. That is always the most popular mode, because it allows even the poorly skilled to make meaningful contributions to winning.

111 131
  • 16 Oct '17
 Bang

I can sympathize with the philosophy behind kicks as facehugging looks quite disgusting in this game. However kicks and kick abuse brings about a myriad of other issues.

Remember in chiv when you could run INTO a drag or away from? Now I gotta hold S. People don't realize that in chiv you ran around people's bubbles A LOT, both in duels and teamfighting. It was all about moving in such a way to minimize the effectiveness of drags/feints and increase the effectiveness of targetswitching. That skillgap is long gone as holding S is almost always superior than using wasd and the mouse. Moving in close risks you getting chamber kicked, kick gambled, ect.

Kicks also reward passivity while teamfighting is all about being in the midst of things. Teamfights shouldnt be a bunch of vanguards trying to touch tips with each other - it should be chaotic and fun. Shits going to happen, people are going to get close, spaces will be confined and people are going to have their back to objects/wall/teamates. I don't want a castle sieges to look like a tae kwon do match.

Baron 495 1381

I have a feeling all these players would disagree with the title of your thread.
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/9125/regarding-the-trade-of-alphabeta-keys/?page=23#c460

King 2430 3418

@•҉Ɓaron voŋ Moorland said:
I have a feeling all these players would disagree with the title of your thread.
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/9125/regarding-the-trade-of-alphabeta-keys/?page=23#c460

Either getting scammed, scamming, or dont know how little activity the servers have

Baron 21 28
  • 17 Oct '17
 corvid_a

Epoch was just hoping to become a big twitch star off this game, but now he is having difficulty picking it up so his career is in jeopardy and being sensationalist on the forums is his only hope. Sad!

Sellsword 66 102
  • 17 Oct '17
 Judas_Iscariot

@Sir Zombie said:

There aren't a lot of people playing because there aren't a lot that can play

And that is the big issue, I know it's a closed-alpha and blah blah blah but reality is that if barely anyone is playing the game is going to suffer from limited testers. The only reason why its not in Early Access on Steam is because obviously the developers are scared of negative reviews because of how steep of a learning curve the combat system is and players who want it to stay closed only want it this way because they can get a higher advantage over everyone else once it is open access.

Truth is nobody is playing anymore, I can't speak for the American or EU servers but Australian servers are never full anymore, it's just a dueling circle jerk with maybe 3-4 people per day. I don't remember the last time I saw a full server, I played at "peak hours" on a weekend and the only active server had 8 people and then died down to nothing after 30 minutes.

The game should be opened up because nobody is playing, Of Kings and Men died in Alpha and was stillborn on release because nobody played it and even though Mordhau is a lot of fun, it could face the same fate.

Emperor 400 927
  • 18 Oct '17
 Soulcatcher

Holy fuck

It's alpha, the people who backed probably have fuckin jobs so they don't play 24/7 like kids on season break.

Alpha is for testing, you don't need a massive amount of people playing to test and improve the game.

The game isn't broken, dying or flawed, the core game mechanics are solid and in my opinion improvements are happening and this game has been in ALPHA for fuck all

Shut the fuck up, think too many of you cunts spend too much time spewing garbage here than playing the actual game with an open mind

Smh