Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Player base already dwindling following the same fate as OKAM. How can they fix it?

Knight 86 94

Combat is stale and whether some players like it or not. completely broken.

I know most people and ppl from chiv are going to rage hearing this. But facts are facts.

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 13 Oct '17
 Sir Zombie

And what you are saying is an opinion
There aren't a lot of people playing because there aren't a lot that can play

Countess 1233 2912
  • 13 Oct '17
 Whisper

Epoch do me.. do us a favor and just shut up. It's still early alpha, and you are like a gnat in my ear, that I can't swipe at fucking midnight.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 13 Oct '17
 vanguard

Sensationalist thread tittle tbh. How is it possible that the game is dying, if it isn't even for selling yet?

Most of the testers got bored or got rekt really hard, which tbh was kinda expected imho. These people will get back in later moments, once the game is more flashed out.

As a concept the combat is more then fine, it's genius imho. The execution needs a bit more work, and they are working on it with the new animations and shit. I don't see how this could be dead. Haven't even been born yet.

Knight 86 94

@Sir Zombie said:
And what you are saying is an opinion
There aren't a lot of people playing because there aren't a lot that can play

i agree, but you look at any of the player number monitoring programs, mordhau is slowly declining. wont be much development with only 10 people playing

Knight 1269 3811
  • 13 Oct '17
 Frise

Are you not capable of logical thinking? The hype of alpha release is gone for most people, and they have shit to do and games to play. That doesn't mean the game is dying.

And the combat isn't broken, you just completely fail to understand it, and complain about every fucking thing that kills you. Grow up please.

Duke 162 274
  • 13 Oct '17
 BEACHES

It's an alpha with 3,000 people across the globe.

Maybe 1,250 of those are US, 1,250 Euro, 500 other.

You're lucky to have 10-20 on at once with those numbers people have lives.....

On top of that it's unfinished. I'm not grinding an unfinished game 3-4 hours a day....

Sellsword 172 430
  • 13 Oct '17
 Pencilman

It's an Alpha, not a full release. Take a seat.

Knight 86 94

@Frise said:
Are you not capable of logical thinking? The hype of alpha release is gone for most people, and they have shit to do and games to play. That doesn't mean the game is dying.

And the combat isn't broken, you just completely fail to understand it, and complain about every fucking thing that kills you. Grow up please.

all i've done is ask a question. And you got awfully mad. Why is that?

Knight 528 3386
  • 13 Oct '17
 rob_owner

Your question assumes the issue is an issue without first making a convincing argument to show that the issue is an issue. You just kinda say it is and then imply it is by asking how to fix the implied issue.

Baron 725 1307
  • 13 Oct '17
 NewYariMeta

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

It's not, even without perks or a proper stam system implemented yet the combat is already deeper than chiv.

I know most people and ppl from chiv are going to rage hearing this. But facts are facts.

The fact is your just garbage son.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessBrainyAlfalfaSuperVinlin

Yes i definitely trust your opinion on the game over people who have thousands of hours in chiv and m&b comp.

301 875
  • 13 Oct '17
 Naleaus

There are a whole bunch of these threads, stop making more. The alpha is fine, the game is on the right track. An alpha does not need 3000 players to test. Once the next patch drops, player counts will rise again then. Then drop a few days after. Repeat till more game modes. This is normal, stop sensationalizing stuff.

King 2430 3418

Im around at the hours no one but Russians would play at 3 am here, or early morning before work, and when it is somewhat populated i either have to wait for a player owned duel server slot to open where they only fucking fight the same god damn person or a locked server i dont have the pass to

848 694
  • 14 Oct '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@NewYariMeta said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

It's not, even without perks or a proper stam system implemented yet the combat is already deeper than chiv.

The fact is your just garbage son.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessBrainyAlfalfaSuperVinlin

Yes i definitely trust your opinion on the game over people who have thousands of hours in chiv and m&b comp, some of whom being the ones balancing it.

I love how the one due he swung at hit him once, then returned to fighting another player as if he was just a gnat, then took the time to finish him off a little later before returning to what he was doing.

Knight 337 778
  • 14 Oct '17
 AngelEyes

Yo I like OKAM.

How dare you.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 14 Oct '17
 ThunderDuck

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Frise said:

all i've done is ask a question

No you also said the game is broken (from your factual and totally objective point of view). Every time you post I see nothing but bitching and whining. From the videos you post it's pretty obvious that you are, no offense, pretty awful at the game. That is fine of course, but the reason you're never gonna get good is your whiny attitude. You're the type of guy who goes "that's just bullshit!" instead of "wow, i gotta figure out how to deal with that!" after every death and thus end up never improving.

848 694
  • 15 Oct '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@ThunderDuck said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Frise said:

No you also said the game is broken (from your factual and totally objective point of view). Every time you post I see nothing but bitching and whining. From the videos you post it's pretty obvious that you are, no offense, pretty awful at the game. That is fine of course, but the reason you're never gonna get good is your whiny attitude. You're the type of guy who goes "that's just bullshit!" instead of "wow, i gotta figure out how to deal with that!" after every death and thus end up never improving.

It's like the Chiv players who cry about dragging and roh, instead of learning out to do it and/or counter it, or the ones who cry about archers but want to play as a shieldless Hero Vanguard.

Mercenary 46 59
  • 15 Oct '17
 Mizikiell

@EliteTeamKiller said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Frise said:

It's like the Chiv players who cry about dragging and roh, instead of learning out to do it and/or counter it, or the ones who cry about archers but want to play as a shieldless Hero Vanguard.

The thing is that you shouldn't be forced to use shield just because there is couple decent archers. In chivalry there was no other counter to archers or throwables than shield.

Where as in mordhau you can parry them so there is counter no matter what weapon or armor you wear.

Archers in chivalry were complete aids and killjoys.

Knight 399 873
  • 15 Oct '17
 Alphonse

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
i agree, but you look at any of the player number monitoring programs, mordhau is slowly declining.

Which monitoring programs may I ask? Steamcharts, just to name one, doesn't list Mordhau because it's not publicly available.

If you bother to get Mordhau's app ID, then you may reach a page like

https://steamdb.info/app/629760/graphs/

Not exactly bad.

wont be much development with only 10 people playing

That's not how gamedev works. Right now, Mount&Blade Bannerlord is probably being played by less than 50 people (not sure the size of the dev's company) and it will make progress until the public can get their hands on the public alpha/beta.

Knight 615 1118
  • 15 Oct '17
 Uncy

tfw people thing mordhau is dying but they doesnt understand that around 3k ppl got alpha access, half of them dropped out because game was too hard/too polished 4 them and rest of the people haves their lifes etc.

People will come in beta and release, game isn't dead and it wont be anytime soon