Duke 5528 13172
  • 12 Oct '17
 Jax — Community Manager

I missed most of it, what's the juicy deets

Knight 337 777
  • 12 Oct '17
 AngelEyes

Yeah I'm curious too.

I don't wanna sound nasty but I would rather drink poison than listen to the vod. The interviewer guy should not have been trying to play and talk at the same time.

Awsome of the devs to do stuff like that though very much appreciated.

EDIT: Ah, getting past the beggingi isn't so bad.

Baron 21 28
  • 12 Oct '17
 corvid_a

Yeah it was a really good interview so much new info that its gonna take someone going over the vod to digest it all

Knight 3137 7316
  • 12 Oct '17
 Punzybobo

@corvid_a said:
Yeah it was a really good interview so much new info that its gonna take someone going over the vod to digest it all

so much new info and really good interview is really pushing it.

Conscript 4564 6301
  • 12 Oct '17
 vanguard

What interview tbh I where do I see it pls help

Mercenary 46 59
  • 12 Oct '17
 Mizikiell

@vanguard said:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/181719953
There you go

Conscript 4564 6301
  • 12 Oct '17
 vanguard

@Mizikiell said:

@vanguard said:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/181719953
There you go

Thank you comrade I love you

Knight 196 414

Link isn't working for me :(

Knight 1836 2228
  • 13 Oct '17
 Void

Nice interview!
Ok, we already knew some of the stuff said, but there are some bits of fresh info and it's always nice to hear Marko's voice.
Can't wait for the next update!

Baron 21 28
  • 13 Oct '17
 corvid_a

@Punzybobo said:

@corvid_a said:

so much new info and really good interview is really pushing it.

Didn't make it obvious enough that I was being sarcastic I guess lol!

Duke 5528 13172
  • 13 Oct '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@Void said:
Nice interview!
Ok, we already knew some of the stuff said, but there are some bits of fresh info and it's always nice to hear Marko's voice.
Can't wait for the next update!

what are the bits of fresh info though, that stream was long af and I don't wanna scrub through it all lol

Knight 2608 6917
  • 13 Oct '17
 Rattsknecht

battle royale soon

Baron 664 1304
  • 13 Oct '17
 PJ_Ammas

@Rattsknecht said:
battle royale soon

For real or are you memeing

396 454
  • 13 Oct '17
 JasonBourne

ive listened half and its boring as fuck. Its not fluent either. the interviewer struggles to build a simple sentence and it ends up being a stupid question like "controllers".

Knight 2608 6917
  • 13 Oct '17
 Rattsknecht

@PJ_Ammas said:

@Rattsknecht said:
battle royale soon

For real or are you memeing

id love ro know myself

Knight 1836 2228
  • 13 Oct '17
 Void

Ok, I'm posting some info from the interview.
I know that we already know most of the stuff but we also have new members here so maybe it's ok to repeat some info.
I always find an interview with the devs interesting. There is always something to get and they were some funny moments too.

Comp mode will start with duel matchmaking and after some time they will add 2v2 and 3v3.

Next thing they are adding is perks system.
After that there are going to add bigger maps, bigger playercounts and optimization patches for all that to play nice and good.

Also one of the next things they'll do is fixing the animations and make them more readable.

Mod tools will be added on release, or after the release.
They will make some official mods themselves to test the tools.
Also they will work with the modding community to ensure that the mod tools are easy to use and have the required customization options.

Probably an ingame Clan system will be added, after release.

About the Grasslands map, they said that it is unfinished at the moment but they might add a version of it in the alpha at some point.

They don't really care about piracy.

On a question about rapier being op, they said that it's a new weapon they just threw in the game to see how it plays.
It will be balanced with the perk system (right now rapier is the most expensive one-hander on the system).
Also, they will soon add the stamina system for the weapons, so when you parry the amount of stamina you lose will depend on what weapon you hold and what weapon you parry.
This will help further balancing the weapons.
The rapier for example, is longer than the arming sword but it has a worse stamina game, so this will cut on rapier's spaminess a bit, especially with the heavy weapons.

For the "battle royal" mode, Crush and Marox said they have some ideas on that direction and maybe they will try it out at some point, if they have the time.
They know it's popular and The Culling showed that it can be fun with melee. However they don't want to confirm anything at this point.

They are looking for options to let more people into the game, like early access or steam preorder but they will wait until February-March to see what's best.

Knight 5271 7108
  • 13 Oct '17
 Humble Staff

I guess archery is very far in the future, rejoyce melee cunts.

Count 4205 9820
  • 13 Oct '17
 DerFurst

@Humble Staff said:
I guess archery is very far in the future, rejoyce melee cunts.

you can still be an archer in this game, just go naked and equip the spear to experience true cancer giving

Duke 5528 13172
  • 13 Oct '17
 Jax — Community Manager

Ah I already knew about the BR idea, if it gets implement like how I think it would be, whew show me the money. Provided it gets implemented at all

Glad about the clan thing, hopefully they can tie that into team customization in ranked - something like this for coloring options:

FFA
Red
Blue
Clan Home
Clan Away

And the game would auto-resolve which clan outfit would be the correct one in clan v. clan or clan v. red/blue. So if Clan Home was Blue, it'd make the pub team red. If two clan's Home primary color was black, one team would switch to their away color scheme.

Duke 162 274
  • 13 Oct '17
 BEACHES

Also, they will soon add the stamina system for the weapons, so when you parry the amount of stamina you lose will depend on what weapon you hold and what weapon you parry.

Thats actually huge and sorely needed. This will probably finally balance the zwei.