Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

It appears you can intentionally miss and still hit?

Knight 86 94

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyNiceBottleEleGiggle

Misses his left to right swing. But still lands it after on the far right side?

Knight 1269 3811
  • 5 Oct '17
 Frise

Wessex drag. You can clearly see that he dragged it down into you at the last moments of the swing.

Count 671 1131
  • 5 Oct '17
 Zexis

since that's Boner it was probably intentional.

whether those drags should be possible is another question

Knight 2308 4188
  • 5 Oct '17
 Runagate

He did what @Frise said. Look, not everything that kills you that you can't deal with right away is bad for the game.

Knight 86 94

@Runagate said:
He did what @Frise said. Look, not everything that kills you that you can't deal with right away is bad for the game.

think about what you're saying logically.... You're saying a swing that misses should be able to then be moved down after it already passes your body to still connect... That's what you're saying

Knight 2308 4188
  • 5 Oct '17
 Runagate

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Runagate said:

think about what you're saying logically.... You're saying a swing that misses should be able to then be moved down after it already passes your body to still connect... That's what you're saying

I said "Things that are hard to counter are not inherently bad".

I did not say "This drag should be possible".

Duke 341 974
  • 5 Oct '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

This shouldn't be allowed to happen - it's this sort of bullshit that ruined Chivalry. Can you learn to react to these kind of drags? Sure, but do we really want the combat in Mordhau to look like this? I understand that drags are valuable to keep the combat varied and constantly evolving, but this doesn't look like a melee fight - and isn't that what the developers said they were going for?

Knight 86 94

@Ruby Rhoderick said:
This shouldn't be allowed to happen - it's this sort of bullshit that ruined Chivalry. Can you learn to react to these kind of drags? Sure, but do we really want the combat in Mordhau to look like this? I understand that drags are valuable to keep the combat varied and constantly evolving, but this doesn't look like a melee fight - and isn't that what the developers said they were going for?

Ask 90% of the people on this forum if thats what they want... yes it is

its sad, they just want a new looking chiv

Duke 196 836
  • 5 Oct '17
 Ser_Thank_You

Would have been easier to block if you were looking at the weapon instead not his glorious pecks.

Knight 23 48
  • 5 Oct '17
 babyben

@Runagate said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Runagate said:

I said "Things that are hard to counter are not inherently bad".

I did not say "This drag should be possible".

In context as a response to OP you are very much implying wessex drag is not bad. What are you trying to do here? Do you think that wessex drag should be allowed in mordhau or not? if not then why such a snarky remark?

Knight 2308 4188
  • 5 Oct '17
 Runagate

I'm pretty neutral on it currently, i.e. I'm not sure if they're fine. All I said that drags etc. aren't inherently bad. But I definitely don't want this game to be a mess like Chivalry was.

And I'm not the only one making snarky (or fallacious) remarks anyway, or?

Knight 337 778
  • 5 Oct '17
 AngelEyes

Nah. I dislike it as much as I dislike dragged stabs.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 5 Oct '17
 Frise

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
at least shield in chiv worked...

Right, so you want shield to work like in chivalry, where they made you parry box huge so that not only you couldn't delay-drag or feint a shield, user, you also couldn't do any sidedrag against a half-competent shield player. Thus, fighting against shields was literally just riposting them until they ran out of stamina.

Goes to show what kind of game you want.

Knight 86 94

@Frise said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

Right, so you want shield to work like in chivalry, where they made you parry box huge so that not only you couldn't delay-drag or feint a shield, user, you also couldn't do any sidedrag against a half-competent shield player. Thus, fighting against shields was literally just riposting them until they ran out of stamina.

or you could have the shield degrade as its hit like every other event game out right now.

All you want is to be able to 1080 spin no scope back hit warp through the ground. So i don't get your high ground attitude but you're being a bit of a shit head to everyone that disagrees with you. Stop the elitist attitude and actually look at things objectively.

Baron 725 1307
  • 5 Oct '17
 NewYariMeta

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Frise said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

or you could have the shield degrade as its hit like every other event game out right now.

So m&b? Really though what other games do that, there aren't that many melee slashers.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 5 Oct '17
 ThunderDuck

I find most of your posts pretty whiny but I agree this shouldn't be in the game

Knight 2308 4188
  • 5 Oct '17
 Runagate

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Frise said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

All you want is to be able to 1080 spin no scope back hit warp through the ground. So i don't get your high ground attitude but you're being a bit of a shit head to everyone that disagrees with you. Stop the elitist attitude and actually look at things objectively.

He is completely objective though? You're the one gurgling out strawmen left and right here. Also, shields breaking will not be a thing. It'd be redundant with the stamina system we have now.

Duke 986 1381
  • 5 Oct '17
 PadanFain

You think his posts are whiny u should try playing with him. Hes one of those type something everytime they die type of player and he dies alot.