Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Some explain to me WTF this is right now?

Duke 162 274
  • 4 Oct '17
 BEACHES

@wiener_schnitzel said:

@BEACHES said:
You don't have to parry the backswing of any attacks like in Chiv, so if people do that shit just hit them.

Imo it's better to parry the reverse just to confuse your enemy^^ I mean it happend often to me as i tried to drag very slow that the enemy just blocked my windup and made a riposte. So to parry accidently reverses is the best way to punish spinners.

Yeah if you do that too then their back is turned to you and it's a free two hits.

Spinning is really shitty in this game and easily punishable.

Mercenary 83 73

@BEACHES said:

@wiener_schnitzel said:

@BEACHES said:
You don't have to parry the backswing of any attacks like in Chiv, so if people do that shit just hit them.

Imo it's better to parry the reverse just to confuse your enemy^^ I mean it happend often to me as i tried to drag very slow that the enemy just blocked my windup and made a riposte. So to parry accidently reverses is the best way to punish spinners.

Yeah if you do that too then their back is turned to you and it's a free two hits.

Spinning is really shitty in this game and easily punishable.

That's the thing. As i said it happened often to me and this thread gave me the idea to punish spinning in that way ^^

Knight 196 414

It looks too bad ass to get rid of, and honestly, it didn't look that hard to parry.

Knight 16 26
  • 4 Oct '17
 MalleusadFaciem

Thought it was accelerated so I tried to parry on windup, but I guess I was stunned from being hit. didn't expect his swing to come all the way around because it's not possible in my experience. I've seen videos about drags and they do not highlight how to complete a spin like this.

396 454
  • 5 Oct '17
 JasonBourne

@Bear264 said:

@Prince Oberyn Martell said:
Keep it in please. If Jon Snow can do it, I want to allow others to do it as well.

This kinda stuff absolutely cannot be in mordhau. it ruined chivalry, it will ruin this game too.

nothing ruined chivalry lol ppl played the fuck out of that game.

Knight 60 70
  • 5 Oct '17
 Bear264

@TwistedFox said:

The second swing was a drag, and if you can see that the enemy will not hit the attack all you have to do is wait

if the second swinng was intended as a drag, wouldn't it make more sense for the swing to go the other direction? as the time to hit would be longer?

I can also say that it is not an accident as this is a thing people can do reflexively after 2k hours on chivalry.

i'm not saying this is something that can ONLY happen as an accident, just that that particular one was. i was actually in the game and fought that guy afterwards (i was the roman legionary in the backround), he didn't try to pull anything like that, but he did get some accels on me.

Knight 337 778
  • 5 Oct '17
 AngelEyes

@JasonBourne said:

Huh.

Let's see what the most 'helpful ppl' have to say about it.

Screenshot (99).png

Screenshot (100).png

3234 4264
  • 5 Oct '17
 Havoc

we want fights to look like fights

495 2557

Now I've only played Mount and Blade so I'm not an expert here... but why didn't you just hit him while he had his back to you? Hell you kind of just stood there and let him kill you.

Knight 289 201
  • 5 Oct '17
 TheUprising

Spin attacks r great and look cool, y does marox want to ruin the fun? I'm fine with all drags as they are reactable.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 5 Oct '17
 Huggles

I think that attack looked badass af, like what Jon Snow did in the vid before. That being said, it is the kind of shit that confuses players and makes them feel cheated rather than out skilled. I'd understand if it went away.

TBF tho, at the very least 360s make much more sense than 180s.

I can see someone spinning like that, but I can't see them turning their back, crouching, and then punching upwards. lol

396 454
  • 5 Oct '17
 JasonBourne

@AngelEyes said:

@JasonBourne said:

Huh.

Screenshot (99).png

Screenshot (100).png

Despite the mechanics ppl played the fuck out of that game even today. Its not like Mirage or something..

Knight 331 456
  • 6 Oct '17
 TwistedFox

@JasonBourne said:

@AngelEyes said:

@JasonBourne said:

Huh.

Screenshot (99).png

Screenshot (100).png

Despite the mechanics ppl played the fuck out of that game even today. Its not like Mirage or something..

Oh yeah FUCK MIRAGE. How did a game with all those magical people seem so much slower than chivalry.

Also the community on chiv has just been like 20 people who consistently play, and then people who come from the sick sales.

Knight 2307 4907
Knight 5410 7408
  • 6 Oct '17
 Humble Staff

Gotta say it, it did look cool and the movement looked like it could generate power and all but i'm on the "no chivalry pls" side too.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 6 Oct '17
 Frise

idk... these attacks clearly aren't effective, if you simply move a bitthey'll miss cause lf the turncap. And I think it's fun that u can fuck around and do silly spins when fighting if you're not being serious.

Like doing sick backflips in Rocket League.

Knight 445 1074

The thing about that attack in OP's gif is that it could've been avoided in several ways;
As the swing clearly starts release past the head, a patient player could notice this and wait for the blade to come back around to parry.
As the swing was completely horizontal, giving it the maximum arc it needs to pull this off efficiently, the player could duck the swing. Matrixing is something that even new players should constantly practice, as it is currently a crucial factor in defensive gameplay and baiting. Binding crouch to an easier-to-hit key such as space definitely helps.
If you can acknowledge the opponent's weapon speed while he is spinning, you can also attempt to chamber it. After pulling off such a crazy move, most players would have trouble blocking it.
However, the windup speed of OP's weapon is too slow to outright attempt a hit during the enemy's attack, as his opponent's weapon is faster and already in release.

Knight 1366 1852
  • 6 Oct '17
 Trevz TheCuz

Honestly, the turn cap could probably be lowered a few notches, but spinning attacks aren't much of a problem anymore with reverses gone.

Knight 16 26
  • 7 Oct '17
 MalleusadFaciem

MordhauBS2.gif

I'm about to start in all caps, you guys missed my point. Overpowered or not overpowered, It's the fact that this mechanic is not explained in tutorial, documentation, anything, anywhere.

Knight 16 26