Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Some explain to me WTF this is right now?

Knight 16 26
  • 4 Oct '17
 MalleusadFaciem

If this is going to be in the game, someone better teach me how to do it. WTF?Mordhau BS.gif

Knight 16 26
Knight 86 94

Yeah, one of my biggest complaints is the effectiveness of some "drags".. most people on the forums seem to think it's not an issue unfortunately

1090 6149
  • 4 Oct '17
 crushed — Art

We will look into fixing the more extreme drags soon, this kind of spinning is definitely something we don't want to be possible.

Knight 58 78
  • 4 Oct '17
 男の娘

keep it, that move is legit lul

54 72
  • 4 Oct '17
 Sir Smoooty

Damn looks like some of that spin bullshit from some Hollywood movie about king Arthur or Game of Thrones

Knight 60 70
  • 4 Oct '17
 Bear264

Holy hell, that right there is some bullshit. from what i can tell, it looks like he was facing 90 degrees away from you when he started his attack, probably trying to get a quick accel it rather than a drag, missed that, then played out the drag in the other direction of you hitting you at the very end of his swing. the problem with that particular kill is that he was clearly not looking at you that entire time and hit you for full damage at the end of the attack. besides going for an extremely lucky parry, there wasn't anything you could have realistically done to prevent that. i really doubt this was something this guy can do consistently, as it looked like it was an accident, but it should not be possible at all.

Knight 196 414

Keep it in please. If Jon Snow can do it, I want to allow others to do it as well.

Knight 60 70
  • 4 Oct '17
 Bear264

@Prince Oberyn Martell said:
Keep it in please. If Jon Snow can do it, I want to allow others to do it as well.

This kinda stuff absolutely cannot be in mordhau. it ruined chivalry, it will ruin this game too.

Count 164 304

@Bear264 said:

@Prince Oberyn Martell said:

This kinda stuff absolutely cannot be in mordhau. it ruined chivalry, it will ruin this game too.

Not to mention it's literally exactly what the devs pointed out they don't want in the game, to the point where they took a jab at Chivalry for having it: https://youtu.be/p-B4AwgArwA?t=60

Baron 664 1304
  • 4 Oct '17
 PJ_Ammas

It looks bad ass but has to go

Baron 664 1304
  • 4 Oct '17
 PJ_Ammas

And it should be replaced with this

WW_Hurricane_Spin.gif

Knight 331 456
  • 4 Oct '17
 TwistedFox

@Bear264 said:
there wasn't anything you could have realistically done to prevent that. i really doubt this was something this guy can do consistently, as it looked like it was an accident, but it should not be possible at all.

In third person it's a lot harder to parry, but if he played the game a little more and had some practise it would be quite easy to parry. His first parry was a panic, and he wasn't even swinging, again it's much easier to panic while in 3rd. The second swing was a drag, and if you can see that the enemy will not hit the attack all you have to do is wait .1 of a second and then aim at the tip and parry, easier to aim at the tip in first person.

I can also say that it is not an accident as this is a thing people can do reflexively after 2k hours on chivalry.

After parrying you can punish a ballerina spin by forcing out a panic parry by not attacking or doing a quick riposte stab.

Knight 16 26
  • 4 Oct '17
 MalleusadFaciem

I actually fought another person tonight who did this move twice in the same fight, so it can't be that hard. I'd love to know how this type of mechanic could have been "accidentally" in the game if it wasn't intended. Some well kept secret for people who played chivalry "for a living" and made it unplayable for the general noobs.

Knight 331 456
  • 4 Oct '17
 TwistedFox

@MalleusadFaciem said:
I actually fought another person tonight who did this move twice in the same fight, so it can't be that hard. I'd love to know how this type of mechanic could have been "accidentally" in the game if it wasn't intended. Some well kept secret for people who played chivalry "for a living" and made it unplayable for the general noobs.

I'm sure there's tons of tutorials online if you wanna learn, just search "dragging". It's not that hard to learn, you're right, but the skill ceiling in this game is what makes it fun and last long. It's hard to master and you can learn some new combo or way to use it even after 2k hours, with the addition of chambering and clashing it should be easier to be more aggressive while fighting as a noob, try that. Just make sure to aim at the tip of the sword and time your blocks right, and you'll be fine. You can even ask to train with some people. Good luck.

Knight 697 1611
  • 4 Oct '17
 das

It looks cool, but it is indeed silly to fight against. Combined with the current animations, it hides windup animation, let alone give you any sense of acceleration/drag timing. Good luck chambering.

Knight 160 996
  • 4 Oct '17
 TheInuitHunter

@das said:
Good luck chambering.

So intense.

Duke 162 274
  • 4 Oct '17
 BEACHES

You don't have to parry the backswing of any attacks like in Chiv, so if people do that shit just hit them.

Duke 196 836
  • 4 Oct '17
 Ser_Thank_You

Yes I definitely think this should be fixed. But to be fair, you made absolutely no attempt to defend yourself from the accel or the drag. Looked like you weren't even touching your mouse. Doesn't seem like the ultimate tactic like it was in chiv.

Mercenary 83 73

@BEACHES said:
You don't have to parry the backswing of any attacks like in Chiv, so if people do that shit just hit them.

Imo it's better to parry the reverse just to confuse your enemy^^ I mean it happend often to me as i tried to drag very slow that the enemy just blocked my windup and made a riposte. So to parry accidently reverses is the best way to punish spinners.