Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Chamber Y-Axis is Flipped

Knight 1269 3811
  • 2 Oct '17
 Frise

so, you now have to chamber overheads with uppercuts and vice-versa.
tested it with plenty weapons, it's not just a messer thing or anything.
lol

Edit: it's fixed

Baroness 175 185
  • 2 Oct '17
 Edy_Nelson

this better gets a hotfix soon.

Baron 291 224
  • 2 Oct '17
 Esa1996

Could it be intentional to make chambering footdrags easier? IIRC there was some talk about trying to make chambering them easier.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 2 Oct '17
 Frise

@kEsa1996 said:
Could it be intentional to make chambering footdrags easier? IIRC there was some talk about trying to make chambering them easier.

I thought of that as well but you can't chamber them the normal way, so it's likely just a mistake.

Baron 291 224
  • 2 Oct '17
 Esa1996

@Frise said:

@kEsa1996 said:

I thought of that as well but you can't chamber them the normal way, so it's likely just a mistake.

Being able to do that might make chambering diagonal attacks too easy. At least if it applies the other way around where upward arcing swings could also be chambered with downward arcing strikes.

Knight 2308 4188
  • 2 Oct '17
 Runagate

If it was intentional, I'm sure it would have been in the patch notes.

Knight 13 10
  • 2 Oct '17
 Kevali

can confirm

18 21
  • 2 Oct '17
 Glassfan

I'm personally against this change.

I think they should have *both the inverse and normal way of chambering successfully.
This would give you options chambering the oh/uh attacks.

but to now inverse it only (assuming this is intentional) -- seems like an unreasonable request on us as players:
now I have to think "opposite of attack coming at me + attack angle + timing the chamber + whatever animation state the build is in" -- all to try a chamber.

As people have said --chambering is not rewarding ENOUGH as it currently stands. And the proof is in how fights currently play out --not nearly enough chambering, with maybe a stab chamber here and there (since they are easiest). Parry, riposte,feint, morph.
I would love to see chambering become more viable....................

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 2 Oct '17
 vanguard

Lmao I can't chamber anything help

2428 4937
  • 3 Oct '17
 Maci

This is the hard mode people requested.
How do I toggle this off?

26 13
  • 3 Oct '17
 Gauvin

@vanguard said:
Lmao I can't chamber anything help

Join a chambering server and train it.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 3 Oct '17
 vanguard

Why would I train it? Is it gonna stay like this? I hope not tbh this is really, really strange and I don't see what good does it add

18 21
  • 3 Oct '17
 Glassfan

i hope your not serious....

Yeah that's what we needed --hard mode for chambers -- cuz they were too easy amirite?

988 6974
  • 3 Oct '17
 marox — Project Lead

It's a bug, we're on it.

18 21
  • 3 Oct '17
 Glassfan

praise Dajebus!

thanks for being on it marox!

Knight 222 187
  • 3 Oct '17
 REKTKWONDO

@Glassfan said:

As people have said --chambering is not rewarding ENOUGH as it currently stands. And the proof is in how fights currently play out --not nearly enough chambering, with maybe a stab chamber here and there (since they are easiest). Parry, riposte,feint, morph.
I would love to see chambering become more viable....................

Chambering is rewarding enough : Counter feint, no lose stamina, counter miss, counter drag ...
People are just from chivalry so they are noob, so their skill are so low for chambering.

Chamber need to be more consistent that's all

And chamber counter kick too, if opponent kick and you parry, you just cant kick back, if you chamber and opponent morph his attack into kick, you can kick back
Gitguuuuudm8

Mercenary 46 59
  • 3 Oct '17
 Mizikiell

Even the best players right now with over 200 hours in mordhau barely use any chambers except stab chambers. I do not think it is only because players are not good enough. There's just too big of a risk in chambering and taking that risk just to save some stamina is not worth it how the game plays on right now.
It is really rare to lose a fight because you ran of stamina.

Knight 2308 4188
  • 3 Oct '17
 Runagate

Horizontal undragged slashes are pretty easy to chamber. It's the underhands and overheads that are total ass imo.

Knight 222 187
  • 3 Oct '17
 REKTKWONDO

@Mizikiell said:
Even the best players right now with over 200 hours in mordhau barely use any chambers except stab chambers. I do not think it is only because players are not good enough. There's just too big of a risk in chambering and taking that risk just to save some stamina is not worth it how the game plays on right now.
It is really rare to lose a fight because you ran of stamina.

I have exactly 200H or a lil bit more, I'm from EU, my name's King and ask everyone, I dont chamber only stab, same for Ragnaros, another player from EU...

@Runagate said:
Horizontal undragged slashes are pretty easy to chamber. It's the underhands and overheads that are total ass imo.

U.H. And O.H. are harder cause you can't reach the Angle with 240 system, but with keybind... It dont change anything. (Ofc atm Under and Over are flipped but it will be fix, it's a bug so I don't talk about this)

26 13
  • 3 Oct '17
 Gauvin

When you chamber a chamber, you can morph it and in my personal experience I have always gotten a hit out of it. It is also a good noob-mowing system. Side chambers they cannot react fast enough to parry them or rechamber them.
Against "better" players who spam stab to slash morphs as their first move in every single fight, well it hits them while they are morphing if you chamber their stab. I haven't been able to do it yet because of the recent chamber bug and my spending time putting up a server but an underhand chamber is probably something absolutely horrifying to be the victim of, especially if comboed with an overhead afterwards, dragged or not, depending on the situation.
Chambering is pretty much the counter to feints.

But yeah I agree chambers suck and please don't learn to chamber.