Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #7 Discussion Thread

988 6974
  • 2 Oct '17
 marox — Project Lead

Here's the patch notes: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10158/changelog-thread/

What do you guys think of the changes? Discuss them here!

2428 4937
988 6974
  • 2 Oct '17
 marox — Project Lead

This topic has been pinned.

Mercenary 86 110
  • 2 Oct '17
 VCliff

Messer category added

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Regarding the more Important changes, Kick recovery incerase and slower kicks after a Feint /Morph sounds great. Kicks are really breaking the flow of combat atm and i hope these changes will make them easier to punish/easier to read.

Warhammer,Shield Stam and Spear changes are great.

Edit: After getting bullied by Light Armor Pikeman in Duel servers the Picture above also applies to the Spear buff.

Interested how the overhead/undercut ping compensation will play out.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 2 Oct '17
 ThunderDuck

Messer category added

jack nicholson.gif

Duke 341 974
  • 2 Oct '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

We have messers now!? Someone should post a picture of them, I'm not home right now.

Knight 2608 6921
  • 2 Oct '17
 Rattsknecht

@Ruby Rhoderick said:
We have messers now!? Someone should post a picture of them, I'm not home right now.

^^^

mesur!!

Knight 941 2569
  • 2 Oct '17
 Pred

This is my game now:

Hit:

vlcsnap-2017-10-02-18h28m20s266.png

Parry:

vlcsnap-2017-10-02-18h30m26s804.png

Don't know if it's the problem with game or just Messer, since everybody was helicoptering with Messers.

Knight 1 0
  • 2 Oct '17
 PuppyBoy94

Hi... has plugin loading been enabled maybe (on the server?)?

Duke 162 274
  • 2 Oct '17
 BEACHES

Increased spear range on normal mode by 15cm
Reverted combo buff on spear

THANK YOU.

I'm very interested in trying this out.

9 24
  • 2 Oct '17
 Meph

Chambers are broken right now, you can chamber an overhead with an uppercut.

Knight 4116 4392
  • 2 Oct '17
 pizza boy

i made a new set just for the messer, it is very fun

V6ol1th

Duke 341 974
  • 2 Oct '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

Will there be customization options for the Messer in the future? I'm a little bummed it's so bare-bones - there also no alternate stance for it, though I'm not sure what it would be. Maybe a two-handed throw lol?

Knight 573 1165
  • 2 Oct '17
 JoBe

Video settings do not follow the actual values I apply into them it seems. I was satisfied with the FPS I got with everything else on highest settings, but shadows and foliage turned as low as possible before the patch. In this patch my FPS was cut down into rather unplayable 20 despite I use the very same settings.

414 418
  • 2 Oct '17
 nohbdy

Increased spear range on normal mode by 15cm

What dis?

@Ruby Rhoderick said:
Will there be customization options for the Messer in the future? I'm a little bummed it's so bare-bones - there also no alternate stance for it, though I'm not sure what it would be. Maybe a two-handed throw lol?

It would be cool if you could actually hold the Messer in a different sword fighting stance since I can't think of anything else that would make sense. Maybe you could hold the Messer in the ochs stance and it would allow you to stab faster while weakening your slashes or something.

Knight 2608 6921
  • 2 Oct '17
 Rattsknecht

add messerhau stance

Baron 134 315
  • 2 Oct '17
 2cool2care

Not sure if the reverse Y axis for chambers is a bug or intended as some people were complaining about some situations, are u trying something here ? Maybe u forgot to remove it before release as it's not in patch notes. It was unatural to chamber an overhead to the feet with an overhead and a lower strike to the head with an lower strike but now it feels even more weird to chamber an overhead to the head with a lower strike and a lower strike to the feet with an overhead.

I know some will disagree but having both possibilities, uppercut or overhead, as long as the angle delta from x is the same as opponent, could be a thing to try. With much more restriction on the angle to make it harder. it would make chambers less readable and force people to use 240 system to be more precise. Probably a dumb idea but id like to see this tested.

Knight 337 778
  • 2 Oct '17
 AngelEyes

Solid tweaks.

Not to do with game play itself but -

The ability to disable in-game chat in options would be great. Even a way to disable Kill feed (I like as little UI as possible.)

I understand these are not priority just throwing it out there. Great work.

Knight 57 63
  • 2 Oct '17
 Edmund

I'm pleased with the "new" weapon fov model, it just feel better for me, good to so see new weapons coming from time to time, doing this kind of weekly update is great.

Knight 162 231
  • 3 Oct '17
 Q

Really liking this patch so far. Especially with regard to the weapon model scale. Fights now feel faster paced, and more fun to play. Faster pace is most probably just a placebo, due to feeling more comfortable/natural.

Great to see addition of the Messer. I think a lot of people have been waiting for it.

Only played a few hours so far. Will report back any issues.

Mahalo.