Mordhau

Game was too hard

Knight 2247 4037
  • 1 Oct '17
 Runagate

Maybe OP will, but I won't be quitting any time soon, Mordhau is still my dream game come true. I'll still watch your guide c:

Count 671 1130
  • 1 Oct '17
 Zexis

@vanguard said:
I felt the exact same in chiv when I started, I felt like killing irl people who feinted me with brandistock or fork when I was a noob lmao. It made me rage so bad sometimes it wasn't even funny. I kept playing because I wanted to make people mad like I was, this is the most funny shit ever tbh, you see that person who hates feints, then you get the most fucked up weapon possible for feinting, and give this person a good reason to keep hating on feints. Its amazing how we can get completely mad about something dumb as a funny ragdol sword gaem

I used to get so mad playing chiv.

I still get mad, but I don't break things anymore

Knight 2247 4037
  • 1 Oct '17
 Runagate

So I guess I'm having a similar experience as you vets were having with Chiv as your first 1st person meleerer. Except I'm having that experience in the alpha of this game haha.

I rarely get angry at games anymore, but Mordhau has gotten the salt flowing again.

Conscript 4546 6279
  • 1 Oct '17
 vanguard

When someone killed me by feints with brandistock, my day was ruined I just went to bed and cryied having ptsd of teabags

@Runagate said:
So I guess I'm having a similar experience as you vets were having with Chiv as your first 1st person meleerer. Except I'm having that experience in the alpha of this game haha.

I rarely get angry at games anymore, but Mordhau has gotten the salt flowing again.

Perfectly normal imho. I had a serious love-hate relation with Chivalry, that lasted about 2700h. Salt and anger ends up being part of these games where you can get stomped by other people, specially in Mordhau and Chiv's case where you can literally fucking smash people without even giving a chance, and doing unecessary things like multiple feints and no attack and all that. Rare are the games where you can control your opponent and play with him before killing, RTS usually have a lot of this tbh

396 453
  • 1 Oct '17
 JasonBourne

@Zexis said:

@vanguard said:
I felt the exact same in chiv when I started, I felt like killing irl people who feinted me with brandistock or fork when I was a noob lmao. It made me rage so bad sometimes it wasn't even funny. I kept playing because I wanted to make people mad like I was, this is the most funny shit ever tbh, you see that person who hates feints, then you get the most fucked up weapon possible for feinting, and give this person a good reason to keep hating on feints. Its amazing how we can get completely mad about something dumb as a funny ragdol sword gaem

I used to get so mad playing chiv.

I still get mad, but I don't break things anymore

When I started playing chiv, I couldnt kill anyone for months so I trashtalked them lol.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 3 Oct '17
 Void

@Runagate said:
Maybe OP will, but I won't be quitting any time soon, Mordhau is still my dream game come true. I'll still watch your guide c:

This is the right attitude!
Being a chiv vet, Mordhau at least feels familiar to me. Not that I'm exceptionally good, but at least I know what to expect from the better players. This means that I don't get salty easily, even if I get stomped all day, but new guys are like thrown in deep waters right now.
Stick to it. It's going to be a great experience overall.

Count 449 1186
  • 3 Oct '17
 Hadeus

@Void said:

@Runagate said:

This is the right attitude!
Being a chiv vet, Mordhau at least feels familiar to me. Not that I'm exceptionally good, but at least I know what to expect from the better players. This means that I don't get salty easily, even if I get stomped all day, but new guys are like thrown in deep waters right now.
Stick to it. It's going to be a great experience overall.

Im in the same boat. As Chivalry veterans, most of the game is already familiar to us, including metagame strategies from Chiv, like Target switching, combo feinting (to keep the momentum), footwork and spacing, etc etc.

You need to remember that most of us have gone through salty periods of frustration (I have anyways), so I can relate to you and how you feel.

But the only way your ever going to get better and be able to kill vetetans; is to acknowledge your mistakes and remain persistent.

Knight 2247 4037
  • 3 Oct '17
 Runagate

Exactly. But as I've said before, in some ways my inexperience can even become an advantage later on. I started Mordhau as a blank slate (In terms of first person melee skills. I still have normal FPS game skill) so I don't have any muscle memory from prior melee gameplay. No bad habits, in other words. I've truly started from the beginning, and it's at least as interesting as it is frustrating.

26 13
  • 3 Oct '17
 Gauvin

@Runagate said:

So I'm not alone.