Mordhau

There are more servers than players. Alpha dead already?

Knight 27 40
  • 29 Sep '17
 Yurik

@DoubleK said:
everyone just plays on those stupid duel servers which is dumb.

The majority of the game is Chiv vets, who would of course be playing duel servers to master the mechanics of this new game. You're not going to learn much in a DM zwei spam fest.

147 227
  • 29 Sep '17
 elToroGuapo

watch that language crushed

Sellsword 31 28
  • 29 Sep '17
 LemonTroutsky

@Goatie said:
Imo duels at this stage make sense since we need to test the base combat and weapons and you can only do that by learning in controlled environment. When they release more exciting maps for team play we will all be accomplished somewhat and be able to start focusing on things relating to team fighting. Anyone that says they are at a good enough level in 1v1 is joking because the next day some guy is ahead of you using mechanics and subtle shit you never bothered to learn.

for a guy like you, "good enough" seems to mean "in the top echelon of players." For normal folk, it means understanding mechanics and being able to hang. At this stage, there's so many glaring balance issues, getting really good at dueling means specializing in the newfound brokenness. So... have fun feeling elite with your friends, morph-dragging an eveningstar, I'm cool with being that scrub who tried to parry 3 times waiting for that blow to come in and 1shot me.

26 13
  • 29 Sep '17
 Gauvin

@Bodkin said:
To translate Jax,

The main mode won't be linear like chiv, as in the "go here, push that, then go there" structure of the mode.

Instead it will be "here's a big map with vehicles, points, and secret memes. Have fun kiddos"

I hope not.

Knight 6 5
  • 30 Sep '17
 JulyO_o

I am surprised at the number of players complaining about the amount of "try-hards" playing the game and mainly doing duels.
While I am not a good player at this kind of games (only played 10 hours of chivalry and now 18 hours in Mordhau, I can't even chamber other hits than pokes), I have no problem having fun in duel servers and winning a good enough (for me) amount of duels. And this despite the balancing of the game being apparently "completely broken".
While I would appreciate playing other modes more often, I don't understand what people expect from Mordhau if you don't like duels and learning how the game works.
Personally I'm enjoying the game the way it is and I'll just play the other modes once the game is officially out (these modes will probably be more fun once there actually is a big crowd playing the game anyway).

Duke 146 202
  • 30 Sep '17
 .Wolf-

@2cool2care said:

@.Wolf- said:
The good.. err, let's call them "commited" players drive away everyone else because we don't get a real chance to play, so we just play bots by ourselves because let's face it, pretty boring just dying all the time without knowing how or why and just trying new stuff instead of using what's meta right now..

This is sad if you have to play bots to enjoy the game. What about creating a steam group for people in your case and train together ? Or even set up a server (costs 38€ for 6 months). Also there is a god mode server where you can train with your friends, i've seen people improving well there.

About the overall player count, i think only melee addicts are playing everyday right now. When they'll add 32p/64p TO, archers, catapults and horses, i guess the player account will be much higher.

Internet is too shitty to host a server. There is no such servers in my area just duel servers mainly. Nobody seems to really like ffa lol. Playing bots is fine for now until I actually get some idea how this works.

Duke 546 906
  • 30 Sep '17
 Goatie

@LemonTroutsky said:

@Goatie said:
for a guy like you, "good enough" seems to mean "in the top echelon of players." For normal folk, it means understanding mechanics and being able to hang. At this stage, there's so many glaring balance issues, getting really good at dueling means specializing in the newfound brokenness. So... have fun feeling elite with your friends, morph-dragging an eveningstar, I'm cool with being that scrub who tried to parry 3 times waiting for that blow to come in and 1shot me.

So let me get this straight, you can't even parry but you're ready for team fights? I by no means plan to be one of the top players but there is a certain level people must reach to be called competent and able to see issues in the combat as they arise. Being in the alpha isn't about playing a finished product, you have to duel and slug it out to find issues in the combat even if you don't always enjoy it. It's not the same early access version of alpha which everyone has become accustomed to. People who avoid dueling others because of fear of losing are stupid, you can only learn by failing. Like we all did on chivalry before becoming vets, like I'm sure all the m&b vets did.

Knight 289 201
  • 30 Sep '17
 TheUprising

LANGUAGE ALARM

396 453
Conscript 4546 6279
  • 30 Sep '17
 vanguard

@Frise said:

@crushed said:
Same with Dota 2, CS:GO and the vast majority of games in the top 20, "quickly hop ingame whenever you have 10 minutes of free time" doesn't mean shit for pc games

Woah there, language.

Its cool imho, this language seems to me more close to us, you know what I mean. I like to think the devs are confortable within its game community

Knight 1269 3804
  • 1 Oct '17
 Frise

@vanguard said:
Its cool imho, this language seems to me more close to us, you know what I mean. I like to think the devs are confortable within its game community

Yea, tru dat, it's just that it sounded aggresive lol

Knight 289 201
  • 1 Oct '17
 TheUprising

I mean, ok, no one with a brain actually CARES that he used language, but plebs might, and soon we will be overrun with them so we just sayin tone down on the ghettofabulous devbros.

Duke 5482 13083
  • 1 Oct '17
 Jax — Community Manager

fuck the plebs we bros

Knight 10 11
  • 1 Oct '17
 PrinceCharming

Turd booger!

Duke 986 1381
  • 2 Oct '17
 PadanFain

@PrinceCharming said:
Turd booger!

HEYUDONTSAYDAT!

Knight 240 388
  • 2 Oct '17
 NitroSperg6K

Walks into a construction site
"WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIVE HERE???"

Knight 1383 3152
  • 2 Oct '17
 Tim_Fragmagnet

@BurritoWarrior said:

Walks into a construction site
"WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIVE HERE???"

dddd.png

rrrrrrr.png

Knight 240 388
  • 2 Oct '17
 NitroSperg6K

fuck you

Knight 1383 3152
  • 2 Oct '17
 Tim_Fragmagnet

@BurritoWarrior said:
fuck you

Of course you would want to, but I'm out of your league, you have no chance.

Knight 240 388
  • 2 Oct '17
 NitroSperg6K

grrr u sure showed me ((((