Mordhau

There are more servers than players. Alpha dead already?

Duke 5477 13080
  • 28 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

Kicks are in a good spot, don't hug your enemy. Kicks are meant to be a free hit, but they aren't always guaranteed.

Knight 9 3
  • 28 Sep '17
 Sticks

@Pred said:

@Sticks said:
The alpha was actually the most balanced when it first came out in my opinion, I don't blame them for wanting to experiment with stuff though I just don't want to be the guinea pig for being kick stunned and 1 shot over and over

When alpha first came out people didn't know what to abuse yet, so that was probably just an impression rather than actual better balance in the game.

On the other hand, I don't understand the "abuse it until it's changed" mindset some people have in terms of things that are clearly broken.

I'm sure its just an e-peen thing where they want to see themselves at the top of the scoreboard every round so they'll pick the easiest way to get there, you have those types in every game. It would be nice to not have that though considering this is a closed alpha where we're supposed to be testing out everything and not just all playing the meta already. There will be plenty of time for that when the games out.

Knight 9 3
  • 28 Sep '17
 Sticks

@Jax said:
Kicks are in a good spot, don't hug your enemy. Kicks are meant to be a free hit, but they aren't always guaranteed.

Kicks are only in a good spot if you want every player to play heavy armor so they can take 5 free hits from kicks before dying.

Baron 664 1302
  • 28 Sep '17
 PJ_Ammas

@Pencilman said:
Aaaaaaaaand this is why I got the Beta instead of the Alpha.

Damn you sure got us. You'll find so many more players in the beta, even though there will only be about 300 more than there are now.

396 453
  • 28 Sep '17
 JasonBourne

@DoubleK said:
everyone just plays on those stupid duel servers which is dumb.

get gud dont insult us

• 28 Sep '17
 DukeNukem
This comment was deleted.
Mercenary 1855 6979
  • 28 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

@Soulcatcher said:

@ThunderDuck said:
It annoys me more that everyone is playing deathmatch. I understand dueling is essential to get better but so is team modes like skirmish.

Not really for anyone who has played chiv for a while, ignoring mords mechanics, team gameplay is exactly the same, stabs and overheads to avoid team damage, and parring an attack from one enemy and riposting onto another etc, everyones probably pretty good at that already.

Still though, only dueling gets dull after a while if you ask me. Team modes are more fun.

Sellsword 31 28
  • 28 Sep '17
 LemonTroutsky

The alpha is actually in a really good state right now, imo... there's some glaring issues but they're being addressed rapidly. It would be really cool to get some more players online on the non-duel servers because it's lame to fight the same 20 jerks over and over.

Knight 30 44
  • 28 Sep '17
 Sutinen

Duel yard servers are scary so I just play with bots

Mercenary 1855 6979
  • 28 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

^ will never git gud

26 13
  • 28 Sep '17
 Gauvin

At least bots are predictable, they ALWAYS rdm.
I find them very useful though to practice new techniques, especially with slomo, toggledamage, togglestamina.
I spent 2 hours on slomo with a bot to learn chambering and now i can chamber any stab, probably will repeat to try and chamber slashes and overheads, but now I'm gonna focus on feints, drags and kicks.
Maybe this is off-topic but I started this game 3 days ago and every knight in my sleep I dream about it, probably during the entire knight. I still suck bad but I'm getting better and better everyday.
/blog

Mercenary 1855 6979
  • 28 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

Did you spell "night" as "knight" on purpose?

26 13
  • 28 Sep '17
 Gauvin

@ThunderDuck said:
Did you spell "night" as "knight" on purpose?

No but when I proofread my post I saw it, smiled and left it there on purpose :D

396 453
  • 28 Sep '17
 JasonBourne

bots keep spamming stab which sucks

Conscript 4546 6279
  • 28 Sep '17
 vanguard

I have ptsd related to bot drags tbh its 2 spooky

Knight 289 201
  • 28 Sep '17
 TheUprising

We need more variety in gameplay to keep ppl around. How about magic, fireballs instead of archers?

Knight 6 5
  • 28 Sep '17
 JulyO_o

@TheUprising said:
We need more variety in gameplay to keep ppl around. How about magic, fireballs instead of archers?

I think you might have chosen the wrong game.
Maybe with mods once the game is officially out.

Knight 334 777
  • 28 Sep '17
 AngelEyes

Nothing wrong here, completely normal.

If any BACKER of this project wanted a fully fleshed out video game with tens of thousands of players their disappointment is on their own head. Throwing around words like "dead" or "dying" at this birth stage of development is laughable.

It's healthy too. The "special breed" of individuals who can put up with bugs and un-rounded combat mechanics are here to take it on the chin. Imagine if this were in the hands of the Steamies. Disaster. All is going according to plan.

Testers will come back for updates and test the updates until the update build testing is exhausted and the devs sort out the feedback and fixes for the next updates, rinse and repeat. I end with where I started, completely normal for any "alpha" doing it the right way.

147 227
  • 28 Sep '17
 elToroGuapo

Alpha needs TO mode asap.

26 13
  • 29 Sep '17
 Gauvin

@elToroGuapo said:
Alpha needs TO mode asap.

Lol this. But don't rush it if its not gonna be awesome.