Mordhau

Strange delay when trying to FTP manualy

Conscript 4564 6301
  • 27 Sep '17
 vanguard

Is it happening to someone else? I turned off the auto ftp bind and was trying to use space bar + rmb and vice versa to ftp or cftp, but it seems noticiable unresponsive, idk. Its like, I start a attack, and press almost at the same time space bar + rmb but it only feints and doesn't parry. When I do the same thing, but imput slower, it works, so it seems to me that if you press feint and then parry too fast the game doesn't register or something. Seems like there is some sort of recovery when trying to parry after feinting, its very cancer.

When I use auto fpt I can ftp at any moment in the animation, when I don't use it, when I feint too early I can't parry for some reason

Conscript 4564 6301
  • 27 Sep '17
 vanguard

After looking more on the forums

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10882/feint-to-parry-and-binds/

This problem tbh that I'm having as well pls

Knight 928 2545
  • 27 Sep '17
 Pred

@vanguard said:
Seems like there is some sort of recovery when trying to parry after feinting, its very cancer.

I don't think there is - I used 2xRMB as FTP for a while and there was no delay, as in "between mechanics delay". It's not possible to 2xRMB at the same time though as it is when you have feint and parry on separate buttons, so maybe in your case the game sees it as pushing two buttons simultaneously.

I personally just moved the other way around, changing to autoftp and I'm currently trying to re-work my 1500 hour habit of 2xRMB so I can gamble with the best of them. It's hard tho.

Knight 928 2545
  • 27 Sep '17
 Pred

double post, delet

Conscript 4564 6301
  • 27 Sep '17
 vanguard

Auto fpt leaves you vulnerable to drags when you cftp in my experience, and I can press spacebar and rmb or vice versa really, really fucking fast. There is this program that I don't remember the name that says how fast you press buttons and shit, when I did 2xrmb the fast as I could, it was still considerably slower then using one hand on the keyboard and other on the mouse, you can press 2 buttons almost simultaniously, its really a very VERY short time between say, pressing Q and RMB.

In chiv this was a serious advantage, as I could ftp fast to get backswings or slow enough to get zwei drags in my combos, I want this in mordhau, as it adds some serious versatility to ftp and cftp imho

Knight 928 2545
  • 27 Sep '17
 Pred

@vanguard said:
Auto fpt leaves you vulnerable to drags when you cftp in my experience, and I can press spacebar and rmb or vice versa really, really fucking fast.

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to use feint on spacebar and autoftp on RMB. This way you can go slow (spacebar+RMB) or fast (RMB).

It just seems like the ability to gamble and bail yourself out with autoFTP is too valuable in this game to rely just on the manual FTP.

Conscript 4564 6301
  • 27 Sep '17
 vanguard

@Pred said:

@vanguard said:
Auto fpt leaves you vulnerable to drags when you cftp in my experience, and I can press spacebar and rmb or vice versa really, really fucking fast.

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to use feint on spacebar and autoftp on RMB. This way you can go slow (spacebar+RMB) or fast (RMB).

It just seems like the ability to gamble and bail yourself out with autoFTP is too valuable in this game to rely just on the manual FTP.

Yeah I was using the same! But I find that the auto ftp ends up being what I most use, and it fucks up with my muscle memory when people throw drags at me, so I was trying to not use it at all. So spacebar is both feint and parry, and so is RMB because then it doesn't matter what I press first the result is the same, and its always manual ftp

I barely used the auto ftp thing on chiv, so my muscle memory still kinda good to use this setup, and I feel like it still is very useful in mordhau idk

988 6971
  • 27 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

There was an inconsistent ordering of feint and parry, and it was sort of bandaid fixed this way, by preventing them from inputing on the same frame. What happened was that when you bound feint and parry to the same button (usually rmb), it'd trigger feint and then parry, instead of triggering parry (which would fail) and then feint. And it did sometimes one, sometimes the other for different people, and I never did get to the bottom of it. Ended up patching it like this. Would like to fix it properly though.

11 9
  • 27 Sep '17
 Askhold

Finally someone else with a same setup from Chivalry that I would like to use as well!

Really hope there would be a work around in the future to accommodate this type of FtP'ing. I'm having loads of trouble training my muscle memory to only feint on C and either parry or FtP with RMB. -.-