Mordhau

THE MOST IMPORTANT VOTE IN MORDHAU

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

Sir Zombie - yeah thats true but kicks are easily avoidabe? Like shield users in chiv vs maul this worked too.
Runagate - Calm your tits, sometimes people just spit out bullshit without even reading as it clearly happens in this forum alot.

Frise - Its a game and the community seems to want a mix of unrealism and realism together which is already weird. Anyways, the mechanics such as clashes and chambers along with fast weapons makes sledgehammer really hard to play unless they gamble and i get a lucky strike. First hit flinch exists in this game, for example: maul in chivalry became useless in mercs/compmod if you didn't use spins because there was not many ways left to speed the attacks up. The only thing it had was a spacey drag and LMB feint. And if you miss twice you have no stamina left, and because of the slowness and reach its easy to outrun. Not to mention aggressive players with rapiers vs sledges (these are the facehuggers who dies to kicks beacuse they get easily baited but at the same time destroys sledge users because of speed).

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

@Cow said:
it's not added to the armory maybe becasue it's more a fun weapon than a real weapon, like you will never find a warrior with a sledge hammer except in heroic fantasy movies. And yea it's pretty op atm cause, slower drags and faster stab than eveningstar (maybe less range but who cares you can 2 shots everyone)

Then git gud against drags? You can deal with them as everyone clearly says besides saying that nobody used a hammer in warfare is stupid lol

Knight 1269 3811
  • 26 Sep '17
 Frise

People used hammers but not sledgehammers...

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

Well i don't mind if its a sledge or a normal hammer. Just want a two handed hammer in my loadout lol

Knight 1269 3811
  • 26 Sep '17
 Frise

Right so like the poleaxe

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

Yeah but with a hammer head, and shorter stick

45 52
  • 26 Sep '17
 Cow

@DailyMilkman said:

@Cow said:
it's not added to the armory maybe becasue it's more a fun weapon than a real weapon, like you will never find a warrior with a sledge hammer except in heroic fantasy movies. And yea it's pretty op atm cause, slower drags and faster stab than eveningstar (maybe less range but who cares you can 2 shots everyone)

Then git gud against drags? You can deal with them as everyone clearly says besides saying that nobody used a hammer in warfare is stupid lol

i was just comparing sledge hammer with eveningstar, I'm fine with drags and Maul still ok in compmod.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 26 Sep '17
 Frise

@DailyMilkman said:

So like the poleaxe in the alt mode

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

@Cow said:

@DailyMilkman said:

@Cow said:

i was just comparing sledge hammer with eveningstar, I'm fine with drags and Maul still ok in compmod.

I know you can deal with drags, played against you many times in the game but i just meant overall that more time is needed to learn dealing with drags properly beacuse of this huge learning curve! Sorry if i made you think otherwise. And yeah it was ok! But not more than that.

45 52
  • 26 Sep '17
 Cow

@Frise said:

@DailyMilkman said:

i think he just wants the original maul from chivalry

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

@Cow said:

@Frise said:

@DailyMilkman said:

i think he just want the original maul from chivalry

That one is too big for this game too look nice. Just need to rescale it really!

45 52
  • 26 Sep '17
 Cow

@DailyMilkman said:

@Cow said:

@Frise said:

@DailyMilkman said:

That one is too big for this game too look nice. Just need to rescale it really!

Ye xd i love the maul too punky but you can't one shot everybody in this game plss... armor are not really balanced atm and sledge hammer is too juicy and op and it's more a fun weapon, even if i'm a big maul fan in chivalry too i'm not sure to add this in the armory could be good for balance and if you look closely, it's just a tools, like pickaxe they have the same functions i guess but pickaxe is more retarded :)

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

@Cow said:

@DailyMilkman said:

@Cow said:

@Frise said:

@DailyMilkman said:

Ye xd i love the maul too punky but you can't one shot everybody in this game plss... armor are not really balanced atm and sledge hammer is too juicy and op and it's more a fun weapon, even if i'm a big maul fan in chivalry too i'm not sure to add this in the armory could be good for balance

Its still in alpha so there is room for balance. A two handed hammer can even 2 hit everything and im happy. Remember that the learning curve is huge in this game.

45 52
  • 26 Sep '17
 Cow

@DailyMilkman said:

@Cow said:

@DailyMilkman said:

@Cow said:

@Frise said:

@DailyMilkman said:

Ye xd i love the maul too punky but you can't one shot everybody in this game plss... armor are not really balanced atm and sledge hammer is too juicy and op and it's more a fun weapon, even if i'm a big maul fan in chivalry too i'm not sure to add this in the armory could be good for balance

Its still in alpha so there is room for balance. A two handed hammer can even 2 hit everything and im happy. Remember that the learning curve is huge in this game.

i think it's just a tool like pickaxe or shovel but really op atm, are you a peasant or a fucking warrior dude... ^^

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

@Cow said:

@DailyMilkman said:

@Cow said:

@DailyMilkman said:

@Cow said:

@Frise said:

@DailyMilkman said:

i think it's just a tool like pickaxe or shovel but really op atm, are you a peasant or a fucking warrior dude... ^^

Its not OP :s The only good thing is dmg and drags. Theres more cons than pros of using it! Then i am a fucking peasant! SWORDS ARE SILLY REFUND PLS

42 54
  • 26 Sep '17
 Sverth

I vote No.

45 52
  • 26 Sep '17
 Cow

Ahah true. Maybe it's not totally op cause range, but it still a tool

Knight 445 1074
  • 26 Sep '17
 Knight Nicholas

Sledge could easily be implemented as a loadout weapon- One of its greatest advantages is its dragging, which can be easily countered.

If you feel like you're having trouble with feints or drags: just calm down, have patience and focus. If you get tense and panic, you're more likely to be overcome by blocking according to attack patterns, allowing for your opponent to switch it up and become unpredictable, furthermore overwhelming you by feints and drags.

Memorize both the windup time and release speed of your opponent's weapon independently so you can both keep yourself from being feinted by not worrying about the attack until it's past the windup time, and understand when it will hit you if the enemy extends his swing. Keep an eye on the angle of his swing and the direction he's facing. Don't block until a split second before you feel the enemy would hit you.

Additionally ensure that you're blocking your opponent's weapon, not his character; you're trying to use your trusty gear to keep that big chunk of metal and/or wood from hitting you.

If you feel like you're having trouble calculating your opponent's swing timing, check to make sure your video settings are well-suited for your computer to maximize your FPS. You may have such low FPS that you see your enemy in windup one frame, and your dead body on the ground the next. This is not preferable.

If you are still having trouble, remember that practice makes perfect. It always helps to practice against bots in local mode and other players in community dueling servers. Also, never be ashamed to ask another player for help. While there are some hyper-aggressive comp players out there who wish to get to the top and do everything they can to lock the door, there are also plenty of other players who would benefit from some specialized sparring practice and some good-willed comp players who would be happy to pull someone up to their level of experience.

I hope this helps, and feel free to correct me on anything.

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

@Knight Nicholas said:
If you feel like you're having trouble with feints or drags: just calm down, have patience and focus. If you get tense and panic, you're more likely to be overcome by blocking according to attack patterns, allowing for your opponent to switch it up and become unpredictable, furthermore overwhelming you by feints and drags.

Memorize both the windup time and release speed of your opponent's weapon independently so you can both keep yourself from being feinted by not worrying about the attack until it's past the windup time, and understand when it will hit you if the enemy extends his swing. Keep an eye on the angle of his swing and the direction he's facing. Don't block until a split second before you feel the enemy would hit you.

Additionally ensure that you're blocking your opponent's weapon, not his character; you're trying to use your trusty gear to keep that big chunk of metal and/or wood from hitting you.

If you feel like you're having trouble calculating your opponent's swing timing, check to make sure your video settings are well-suited for your computer to maximize your FPS. You may have such low FPS that you see your enemy in windup one frame, and your dead body on the ground the next. This is not preferable.

If you are still having trouble, remember that practice makes perfect. It always helps to practice against bots in local mode and other players in community dueling servers. Also, never be ashamed to ask another player for help. While there are some hyper-aggressive comp players out there who wish to get to the top and do everything they can to lock the door, there are also plenty of other players who would benefit from some specialized sparring practice and some good-willed comp players who would be happy to pull someone up to their level of experience.

This is why we need the hammer in loadouts. People just dont wanna learn it seems!

45 52
  • 26 Sep '17
 Cow

@Knight Nicholas said:
Sledge could easily be implemented as a loadout weapon- One of its greatest advantages is its dragging, which can be easily countered.

i think you're in the wrong thread budy we talk about add sledge hammer in the armory here.