Mordhau

Clearly we're not getting anywhere with the dragging discussion. I know I've tried So how about this.

Knight 86 94

@Flippy said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
Face it this game is a game of rock, paper, scissor and then there's a random fucking shotgun called a drag that shows up some times

So you're just gonna willfully ignore a page of people telling you you're wrong, got it.

You're gonna ignore the post after post from other people saying its retarded. That "slow" weapons have 3 second damaging swings?

Knight 66 72
  • 26 Sep '17
 DoubleK

That's just retarded. Learn to play the game like everybody else and stop coming up with nonsense like this

67 158
  • 26 Sep '17
 Flippy

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Flippy said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
Face it this game is a game of rock, paper, scissor and then there's a random fucking shotgun called a drag that shows up some times

So you're just gonna willfully ignore a page of people telling you you're wrong, got it.

You're gonna ignore the post after post from other people saying its retarded. That "slow" weapons have 3 second damaging swings?

You're ignoring the people commenting in your own thread who disagree with you. Instead of countering their points and arguments, you're just continuing to repeat yourself. Take a step back and think for a second. If so many people disagree with you, maybe they have a point.

Knight 43 91
  • 26 Sep '17
 Atro

@Flippy said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Flippy said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

You're ignoring the people commenting in your own thread who disagree with you. Instead of countering their points and arguments, you're just continuing to repeat yourself. Take a step back and think for a second. If so many people disagree with you, maybe they have a point.

I'd like to say yes 100% here, but that last sentence "If so many people disagree with you, maybe they have a point." shouldn't be stated so carelessly.

In this case, he's arguing a completely subjective idea without enforcing any objective reasoning. So yes, he's very much in the wrong, but that sentence disparages open thought.

I know it's not the most meaningful thing for me to post here, but I do hope you consider this.

Knight 23 40
  • 26 Sep '17
 Shara

I had a thought about making chambers the natural counter to drags.
Since they're sometimes very inconsistent to chamber when dragged and eventually accellerated again, I thought they could be brought in line by doubling the chamber requirements for a successful chamber when an attack would hit you in the last third or quarter of the swing.

This means if an attack travels to far, it's more consistent to chamber by doubling the timing required and doubling the required directional degrees.

Duchess 6861 9829
  • 26 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

But drags are meant to counter chambers

Knight 23 40
  • 26 Sep '17
 Shara

@Sir Zombie said:
But drags are meant to counter chambers

From what I gathered morphs take that role. And Morphs weren't able to chamber until now, and that alwas forced you to feint into parry.

Knight 331 454
  • 26 Sep '17
 TwistedFox

italicised text**italicised text> @DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Flippy said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

I'm honestly surprised about the amount of people who have the mordhau alpha without having played chivalry. I'm glad.

Please remember that most of the people have 1-2k hours on chivalry though, they have spent months perfecting drags, training with other veterans just so they can achieve something. Most were angry about drags at the start, I was a complete activist against drags until level 30 on chiv, which is pretty high, I hated it. But if you can't beat them join them.

This ideology led me to duelyard servers, which will help out noobs once the game comes out and mod support is a thing. Duelyard is amazing and the community is too, people voluntarily decided to help me out with my drags and blocks and it was so fun.

People have to learn the difference between realism and fun, especially on things like mordhau on chiv. The game can't simulate sword fighting completely, but it's done a damn good job of simulating the feeling. The adrenaline rush and sense of achievement you can get from fighting in these games is impeccable.

Simulating realism isn't fun, but this style of fighting is so unique and fast. The fact that there are actually people TEACHING you to play the game is mind-blowing to me, and the fact that I'm still learning after 1k hours is another. I believe games like these have more of a skill ceiling than things like DoTA 2 and other pro games. I'm gonna end this here because I've DRAGGED on.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 26 Sep '17
 Frise

You can keep ignoring everyone that tries to reason with you, or you can stop crying and start learning how the combat works.

I've even given you an analysis of the multiple ways to counter drags and you still think it's a "rock papers scissors" game.

You're wasting everyone's time.

1308 2875
  • 26 Sep '17
 Monsteri

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Flippy said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

The longest possible release is 0.55 seconds. The parry window is 0.4 seconds.

Knight 108 140

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
What about a hold-able parry. Or at least a quicker recovery, And make it cost like 50% the stam a morph with that weapon costs. So instead of being SOL if you parry at what should be the correct time, but just because someone is using a slow weapon you can either hold your parry. Or have time to get off a chamber or another parry (but you've lost 2x the stam from spamming parry)

Holdable parry might work, difference being that weapons would clearly have less parrying surface than a shield. When you drop the block, there is a moment of time you cannot parry, which could potentially be used against too eager blockers. Plus, like suggested, maintaining parry could consume stamina.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 26 Sep '17
 Frise

@ǀǁǂÐƦ₳ƓƟƝƁƟƦƝǂǁǀ said:
Holdable parry might work

Just use a fucking shield? This idea has been discussed before, look through the forums.

Duke 2266 4007
  • 26 Sep '17
 Huggles

@Shara said:
I had a thought about making chambers the natural counter to drags.
Since they're sometimes very inconsistent to chamber when dragged and eventually accellerated again, I thought they could be brought in line by doubling the chamber requirements for a successful chamber when an attack would hit you in the last third or quarter of the swing.

This means if an attack travels to far, it's more consistent to chamber by doubling the timing required and doubling the required directional degrees.

My understanding before playing the game was that even if I botched the chamber on one of those ridic exaggerated drags, I would still be able to clash it because of how wide and obvious it is. But windup is very slow and release is very fast, so this tactic is fairly unreliable atm.

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

Delete dis

Knight 331 454
  • 26 Sep '17
 TwistedFox

Holdable parry might work, difference being that weapons would clearly have less parrying surface than a shield. When you drop the block, there is a moment of time you cannot parry, which could potentially be used against too eager blockers. Plus, like suggested, maintaining parry could consume stamina.

Making drags obsolete isn't a good idea, as much as people hate them, others have spent 1-2k hours on drags, it would also dumb down the reflexive, tense and fast combat chiv and mordhau should be known for. If the parry window is 0.4 seconds the longer but more stamina draining parry you suggested would destroy the drags that aim to be a little longer than 0.4 seconds. It takes away panic blocking which is something which should be punished until people learn to be calm and handle these tense fights. But I won't DRAG on any longer.

Knight 31 79
  • 26 Sep '17
 λdambomb

DrEpoch, just become a shield main and stop this. Drags are here to stay. Even if they are ridiculous or not.

ITS TIME TO STOP.

273 444
  • 26 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

LOL @ DrEpoch getting roasted in this thread.

PS: Epoch, if you think this is rock paper scissors, duel gauntlet and get 10 wins and 10 losses. That should be how it plays out, right?

Knight 115 67
  • 26 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

DELET DIS I UNSUBSCRBE POINT IS MADE DELET

Knight 331 454
  • 26 Sep '17
 TwistedFox

Forum title should be renamed to "I'm not going anywhere with this"

Edit: Poor Epoch has a lot to respond to. Hopefully he can either agree to train his drag and beat us all up for this cyber-bulling or argue but not really argue more like make a statement about how drags are impossible and don't look nice

Duke 2266 4007
  • 26 Sep '17
 Huggles

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
What about a hold-able parry. Or at least a quicker recovery, And make it cost like 50% the stam a morph with that weapon costs. So instead of being SOL if you parry at what should be the correct time, but just because someone is using a slow weapon you can either hold your parry. Or have time to get off a chamber or another parry (but you've lost 2x the stam from spamming parry)

Balancing around stamina is the most boring and shallow way to balance the game. Stamina is there to punish people who constantly whiff their attacks and combo out of range. It is also there as a soft nerf on feints and kicks. It is NOT there to replace mechanical skill or balance loadouts.

Stamina wars are dumb.