Mordhau

Clearly we're not getting anywhere with the dragging discussion. I know I've tried So how about this.

Knight 86 94

What about a hold-able parry. Or at least a quicker recovery, And make it cost like 50% the stam a morph with that weapon costs. So instead of being SOL if you parry at what should be the correct time, but just because someone is using a slow weapon you can either hold your parry. Or have time to get off a chamber or another parry (but you've lost 2x the stam from spamming parry)

Knight 1269 3804
  • 25 Sep '17
 Frise

You wanna hold your parry? Good for you, go play M&B or For Honor.

What you suggest has been discussed ad nauseum, look through the forums.

Knight 86 94

@Frise said:
You wanna hold your parry? Good for you, go play M&B or For Honor.

What you suggest has been discussed ad nauseum, look through the forums.

Glad you read 1/4 of what i wrote.

Knight 3296 6740
  • 25 Sep '17
 Bodkin

The discussion got to plenty of places, you just aren't fond of those places because it was not what you wanted.

We are not going to change the entire premise of the game because you don't like it.

132 1228
  • 25 Sep '17
 Maxilatorn — Art

You can hold your parries with shields.

Duke 162 274
  • 25 Sep '17
 BEACHES

I'm not in favor of holding ANY type of parrying.

I don't think it's really a bad idea to reduce the cooldown of the parry slightly, there would need to be a stam penalty to a parry that doesn't parry anything however.

Knight 115 67
  • 25 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

@Bodkin said:
The discussion got to plenty of places, you just aren't fond of those places because it was not what you wanted.

We are not going to change the entire premise of the game because you don't like it.

Erm... We? Are you dev? :3

Knight 86 94

He thinks he is

Knight 43 91
  • 25 Sep '17
 Atro

@DailyMilkman said:

@Bodkin said:

It's normal in discussion to speak from a combined perspective. Don't act high and mighty just because of how one speaks/types.

Also I'm not opposed to the trial of parry > block considering this is alpha and the testing of mechanics/function is it's sole purpose. It should be remembered that this is the devs game. They raised the funding and made it to where we are now. We should continue to trust in their judgement.

Knight 115 67
  • 25 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

@[InX] Atropos Orbis said:

@DailyMilkman said:

@Bodkin said:

It's normal in discussion to speak from a combined perspective. Don't act high and mighty just because of how one speaks/types.

Shut it. One person can't speak for an entire community, just saying. And im not, was just pointing it out because it sounded funny. Drags are pretty neat and is definitly needed (Played Chivalry for ages).

67 158
  • 25 Sep '17
 Flippy

Parrying drags is easy, drags are fine. Just wait to parry until the release is about to hit you, it's really not hard.

Empress 365 859
  • 25 Sep '17
 Soulcatcher

I don't see the need or want for this

Why can't we just get better at the game, learn weapon speeds like we did in Chiv and eventually blocking drags isn't so hard ?

Knight 255 349
  • 26 Sep '17
 Ƭheodore

Holding parries is dumb, breaks the game entirely. it would have to be completely redesigned. Variable damage on swings is dumb, doesn't even make sense realistically half the time for you "i need immersion" people, feels inconsistent, and messes with balance because hit to kills on weapons will be different every time. Also, the suggested mechanics won't even discouraged dragging because doing less damage is still better than handing over initiative to your opponent by just letting them parry. And if you can hold your parry, people will try to drag even more to get around it because that'll be the only option, since you can't time your hits between parry attempts.

And on top of that, neither of those solutions fix the only problem with dragging: the fact that it looks weird. it's not op or unbalanced or inconsistent, it just looks funny.

Knight 43 91
  • 26 Sep '17
 Atro

I don't believe everyone here is speaking from an entirely objective perspective, and I don't expect you to. I do however, see the need for everyone to be able to speak freely in terms of suggestions. Being rude to people because you don't like their suggestions, and actually considering the suggestion, are two very different things.

tl;dr: Stop being rude, and actually focus on discussion instead of being emotional about what you do/don't like.

Mercenary 2548 4563
  • 26 Sep '17
 SIEGE

I don't mean to sound like a cunt, but if something is hard, then Git Gud. Only way to not be shit against something. Git gud

Drags aren't so broken that we need to change them, they're just sorta hard to fight against, so git gud

Duke 2266 4007
  • 26 Sep '17
 Huggles

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
What about a hold-able parry. Or at least a quicker recovery, And make it cost like 50% the stam a morph with that weapon costs. So instead of being SOL if you parry at what should be the correct time, but just because someone is using a slow weapon you can either hold your parry. Or have time to get off a chamber or another parry (but you've lost 2x the stam from spamming parry)

Use a shield tbh.

Duke 2266 4007
  • 26 Sep '17
 Huggles

@Ƭheodore said:
Holding parries is dumb, breaks the game entirely. it would have to be completely redesigned. Variable damage on swings is dumb, doesn't even make sense realistically half the time for you "i need immersion" people, feels inconsistent, and messes with balance because hit to kills on weapons will be different every time. Also, the suggested mechanics won't even discouraged dragging because doing less damage is still better than handing over initiative to your opponent by just letting them parry. And if you can hold your parry, people will try to drag even more to get around it because that'll be the only option, since you can't time your hits between parry attempts.

And on top of that, neither of those solutions fix the only problem with dragging: the fact that it looks weird. it's not op or unbalanced or inconsistent, it just looks funny.

Fucking rekt tbh. Just listen to this guy OP. He's just right plain and simple.

Knight 86 94

Face it this game is a game of rock, paper, scissor and then there's a random fucking shotgun called a drag that shows up some times

67 158
  • 26 Sep '17
 Flippy

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
Face it this game is a game of rock, paper, scissor and then there's a random fucking shotgun called a drag that shows up some times

So you're just gonna willfully ignore a page of people telling you you're wrong, got it.

Duchess 6865 9830
  • 26 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

No, you are just bad.