Mordhau

Riposte Feints.

Knight 37 26
  • 23 Sep '17
 interrog8or

Is there a reason you guys removed riposte feints? Combat is way more predictable and repetitive now with no feints to mix it up. I don't know why you would want to lower the skill ceiling of this game.

Mercenary 1 0
  • 23 Sep '17
 TheAdorable

Not even sure what you are on about... feinting is a big part of this combat system from my experience so far...

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 23 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

@TheAdorable said:
Not even sure what you are on about... feinting is a big part of this combat system from my experience so far...

They removed the ability to feint after a riposte

Count 1452 3388
  • 23 Sep '17
 Smokingbobs

The meta is very feint-centric. Riposte feints were too powerful for how easy they were to pull off. Besides, it devalued chamber feinting in the process, which is way harder to pull off while often being easier to see coming for the defender (because of angle and animation).

I also like that fights can now have quick exchanges of attacks without it being broken up by riposte feints.

Now, if you want to perform a powerful attack like this, you'll have to take the risk and get into chambering territory.

414 418
  • 23 Sep '17
 nohbdy

@interrog8or said:
Is there a reason you guys removed riposte feints? Combat is way more predictable and repetitive now with no feints to mix it up.

What do you mean "no feints". You don't have to parry + riposte lol

I don't know why you would want to lower the skill ceiling of this game.

I guess for why they might have gotten rid of it would probably have to do with making feints from really fast weapons more punishable, though I'm not really sure. You can't really just say no 'riposte feints = lower skill ceiling' when they could actually lower the skill ceiling if you couldn't counter riposte feints from certain weapons.