Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mouse movement Stabs PLEASE. Just as an option

Knight 86 94

Can we please get an option to have a downward mouse drag as stab. Just like every other attack in the game.

There are 240 angles of attack, 120 on each side and you have to be within 30º to chamber. This easily leaves. The bottom 15º to 0 to -15º for a total of 30º open to be used as a stab, this would not effect anything negatively as it would not remove any other current options, but it would open playability and ease of access for people coming form M&B and OKAM. Can we please just have it as an option. If stab is changed to (none) then it's handled by mouse movement.

Again this won't negatively effect any other swing or chamber and still allow for all angles to be chambered. PLEEEEASE.

Explained here briefly as well.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveLongFiddleheadsResidentSleeper

Knight 399 873
  • 21 Sep '17
 Alphonse

I think the problem is caused by the mechanical nature of the scroll wheel, so a little tweaking to relax the directional "analysis" window could get rid of this problem to make directional stabbing more easy.

If you compare it to pressing down a button, in pretty much all mice (gaming or basic) there's a longer delay between the moment you finger the scroll wheel and when its registered, you're also under more control because you basically let go of the LMB whenever you want. If you've ever opened up a mouse you know why this is, cause the sensitivity of the wheel is not as great.

Combined with the current short window for picking directions or morphing, it's a lot easier to flick a button press (LMB or other thumb buttons), but not so much with the scroll wheel (like LMB -> wheel morph). It's fairly easy to miss the window by a few milliseconds and you throw the first input which could leave you quite open.

EDIT: why did you make the same thread twice?

988 6974
  • 21 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

Will add it as an option

Knight 337 778
  • 21 Sep '17
 AngelEyes

@marox said:
Will add it as an option

Love you boo.

Knight 2307 4188
  • 21 Sep '17
 Runagate

Best devs do a good thing again <3

Knight 86 94

@Alphonse said:
I think the problem is caused by the mechanical nature of the scroll wheel, so a little tweaking to relax the directional "analysis" window could get rid of this problem to make directional stabbing more easy.

If you compare it to pressing down a button, in pretty much all mice (gaming or basic) there's a longer delay between the moment you finger the scroll wheel and when its registered, you're also under more control because you basically let go of the LMB whenever you want. If you've ever opened up a mouse you know why this is, cause the sensitivity of the wheel is not as great.

Combined with the current short window for picking directions or morphing, it's a lot easier to flick a button press (LMB or other thumb buttons), but not so much with the scroll wheel (like LMB -> wheel morph). It's fairly easy to miss the window by a few milliseconds and you throw the first input which could leave you quite open.

EDIT: why did you make the same thread twice?

I know making the thread twice isn't the best thing in the world to do. I felt a little bad doing it. But I have seen over the last how ever long that devs read these forums and respond here often. So i figured I'd repost here.

Knight 86 94

@marox said:
Will add it as an option

You guys are amazing. I know i have a lot of criticism. In general in think this game is great. Just being in an alpha stage I'd figure you're looking for more input than kudos. But believe me this game is a marvel. And the fact that you put so much time into hearing our concerns is incredible!!

Knight 86 94

In the update that added this im pretty sure its like a 20degree arch now. Which is near impossible to hit unless you hold your mouse already at a perfectly straight up and down angle.