Mordhau

[Suggestion] Loadout sub-groups

Conscript 142 259
  • 21 Sep '17
 Kaiowa

I realize the final customization layout will be different as this is just the alpha, so this post is probably redundant but atm most players' loadouts should look very cramped like this, because even if you just wanna use the same armor it's a good idea to have all your favorite weapons ready.

We could add specific sub-groups to each loadout so players can have all different kinds of weapon presets prepared without taking too much space on the list.

Duchess 6856 9813
  • 21 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

Yeah if Spook has the time then this is one of the major improvements available to the armory

Knight 2192 3946
  • 21 Sep '17
 Runagate

Nice mock-ups OP!

Also one thing I'd like to see would be merging all the variants of armour pieces into one, with a choosy thing similar to the pattern/skin ones in the UI.

Examples of these armour pieces are the myriad open and closed helmet versions and knight/fluted pauldrons' combination variants.

Although, I'm almost sure something like this is planned already anyway.

Knight 399 866
  • 21 Sep '17
 Alphonse

Yup. Great idea.

As a side note, it would be great if the loadout displayed what your current customizations are with appropriate icons so it's easier to know what each dude has.

I renamed all my loadouts with abbreviations to know which one is which. For example a guy wearing a heavy helmet and Light armor would be "fancydude HLL SwHM" (fancydude Heavy Light Light Arming Halberd Mace).

Conscript 142 259
  • 21 Sep '17
 Kaiowa

@Runagate said:
Also one thing I'd like to see would be merging all the variants of armour pieces into one, with a choosy thing similar to the pattern/skin ones in the UI.

Examples of these armour pieces are the myriad open and closed helmet versions and knight/fluted pauldrons' combination variants.

That'd be interesting. And organize armor classes together (light, medium etc) in alphabetical order aswell, but that's probably already underway.

@Alphonse said:
As a side note, it would be great if the loadout displayed what your current customizations are with appropriate icons so it's easier to know what each dude has.

It would require at least 6 different icons for each layout though (head torso legs and 3 weapons). Maybe just show icons for the torso armor class and primary weapon, I can see that working.

Knight 399 866
  • 22 Sep '17
 Alphonse

The way I pictured that is it would be a tooltip sort of thing that's displayed when you hover your mouse over a specific loadout name. Now that I think about it, weapons don't really need an icon though (it'd be a lot of work and the weapon name will be a lot clearer).

Something like this

tooltip.png

(took the armor level icons from this post by the UI dev)

At any rate, I'm sure they are thinking about how to display the loadout info probably on that huge space to the right of the loadout menu. Elwebbaro mentioned they were going to overhaul the Armory section cause the UI elements are crappy and unresponsive in UE4 (probably with thumbnails), so maybe that will be included in the ingame Loadout menu.

Conscript 142 259
  • 1 Feb
 Kaiowa

Haven't been active in the forums lately so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but loadout selection is going to be a big headache unless we get the aforementioned sub-groups feature.

Changing a single weapon in your loadout is just not something you want to do during a match; you'll need to customize your new equipment, remove or add armor and perks depending on how many points you require or have left, there's so many loadout possibilities and you want to have them all ready, which will leave you with a massive list.

175 368

this would be an important feature as im not happy about making a whole new character for each weapon, utility, perk. it would reduce the size of my armoury by about 75% and would look a lot more attractive.

infact this will be very important in the future as they add further variations and decorations to armour. it also means your mercenary list is no longer cluttered by experimental builds which you don't use often

Knight 52 64
  • 11 Feb
 fmay2123

What if we could make our own folders to put loadouts in so we can organize them how we see fit?

• 12 Feb
 Mittsies
This comment was deleted.