Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

A huge issue with ping spikes

38 84
  • 19 Sep '17
 ℒℛAHTIKUURA

I'll make this simple and on point:

after the 3rd patch, my ping has been spiking up to 260 at tops, and it happens quite frequently. Now I do have a relatively bad connection, but before the 3rd patch, my ping was a consistent 60-80. Also the base ping has increased up to 88-104... Please tell me if you have a similar problem and if you know a fix for it...

Knight 66 72
  • 19 Sep '17
 DoubleK

Where are you located and what servers do you play on?

988 6974
  • 20 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

What changed in alpha patch 3 was how ping was displayed / averaged, not what the actual ping is.

38 84
  • 20 Sep '17
 ℒℛAHTIKUURA

well the timing with the issues was a bit too good... It still is a big possibility that the issue is infact on my end, though.

38 84
  • 20 Sep '17
 ℒℛAHTIKUURA

I live in EU and play on EU servers, DoubleK

6 4
  • 21 Sep '17
 DeusVult

I'm having this exact same problem. I actually have decent internet and I'm only playing on US-West servers that display ~50 ping but when in game it skyrockets randomly to upwards 240 ping. Making the game hard to enjoy.

38 84
  • 21 Sep '17
 ℒℛAHTIKUURA

@DeusVult said:
I'm having this exact same problem. I actually have decent internet and I'm only playing on US-West servers that display ~50 ping but when in game it skyrockets randomly to upwards 240 ping. Making the game hard to enjoy.

finally a guy with the same problem! I actually got mine fixed by verifying the game files from steam, makes no sense but it really did help.

6 4
  • 25 Sep '17
 DeusVult

Did files unsuccessfully validate for you? Mine was all validated.

38 84
  • 25 Sep '17
 ℒℛAHTIKUURA

@DeusVult said:
Did files unsuccessfully validate for you? Mine was all validated.

as a non native speaker I'm not fully sure what you mean, but If I understood correctly, here is the answer: NO, I had done some changes in the .ini files, I had removed the UE4 jet engine when the game launches (and the triternion logo too), but that's about it. AAND I forgot to mention, I also switched from a wireless receiver(my phone) to a lancable, I think that was the real reason why the lag spikes stopped... Sorry.

3 1
  • 28 Sep '17
 TheLegendaryF

This is a behavior is something I too experience, but this issue tends to occur when I'm playing for a long duration on a specific server. My ping is consistently 50-60 and it will then randomly jump towards 100 - 200 ping and stay there until I leave the server for a bit. I think this should be something looked into on how network connection is being handled within the game.