Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Fix This Shit Right Now

Duke 356 384
  • 19 Sep '17
 AFluffyKnight

GoldTrimReeeee.jpg.png

Seriously considering suicide because of this.

But seriously, several other armor pieces show custom trim, and this piece already has team colors on it. Please let my trim match the rest of my armor.

Piece in question is Gothic Arms.

30 35
  • 19 Sep '17
 CritHappens

i don't have alpha access, but this always bothered me with making FFA skins in chiv.

"you can't have the pauldron trim be black, red, or blue"

"but can i make it bright fluorescent green?"

"sure m8"

i really hope mordhau won't do similarly arbitrary restrictions

Duke 356 384
  • 19 Sep '17
 AFluffyKnight

You don't actually choose team colors. You make one "free-for-all" loadout and the colors are forced depending on what team you are on.

The weird thing about this is that other pieces that have gold trim, like gauntlets, don't change when you join a team. Its just the gothic arms.

Not a huge deal but I felt like making a thread about it.

30 35
  • 19 Sep '17
 CritHappens

@AFluffyKnight said:
You don't actually choose team colors. You make one "free-for-all" loadout and the colors are forced depending on what team you are on.

The weird thing about this is that other pieces that have gold trim, like gauntlets, don't change when you join a team. Its just the gothic arms.

so you don't get to choose the shade of red or blue that you think suits your character best? :(

Knight 31 79
  • 19 Sep '17
 λdambomb

Theres also the issue that your shield and character emblem don't change color at all. So if I make a character with a red shield and I'm on the blue team, I'll still have a red shield. I swear I saw a guy who would change his emblem to the opposite team on purpose every round so that he could confuse everyone.

Knight 14 7
  • 19 Sep '17
 Grebnedlog

@CritHappens said:

@AFluffyKnight said:

so you don't get to choose the shade of red or blue that you think suits your character best? :(

I dunno, in Chiv, people would go all black on either team, and then it was damn near impossible to tell which team they were on. I wouldn't mind team-color picking, but at least restrict the shades to stuff a little more obvious than chiv had.

Knight 152 100
  • 20 Sep '17
 Lilboots

Besides the shield issue Adambomb said, the customization is fairly awesome, As for Chivalry and Mordhau the colours are limited to or forced upon your character depending on your team and is very easily to discern. Besides the old, "My folly. you are covered in blood and cant tell while in the dark issue", Ive never had a issue and I'm 30% colour blind. XD ... I think customization Is insanely awesome for such early release.