Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

A morph should be able to chamber another morph

95 102
  • 18 Sep '17
 TheShade

I can understand why a morph shouldn't be able to chamber a normal swing, since it would make chambering a lot more easier than it should be if you could just change your swing during your first swings windup to be able to chamber your opponents attack. However, I think you should be able to chamber a morph if you do a morph yourself and it's already pretty difficult to do that as it is since you would need pretty good reflexes. This would also be a way to nerf and a counter to morphs, that seems to be overpowered at this current state.

Title
95 102
  • 18 Sep '17
 TheShade

For those that don't want it, could you comment why?

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 18 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

Git gud

95 102
  • 18 Sep '17
 TheShade

Perks

• Will nerf morphs.
  • There is no real counter to a morph feint. It is ridiculously hard to read.
  • Onehanders can usually break a morph because how quick they are, without morph chambers, 1 hander could become overused in a competitive 1v1 for someone that chambers a lot.
  • If you keep chambering someone and someone decides to morph, it is pretty much humanly impossible to chamber that morph with a normal strike or without morphing his morph. A morph will pretty almost always break a chamber fight.
  • It would be easier to handle 1vx fights since the tension makes it harder to read morphs or feints.
  • It would increase the skill cap, since it is pretty hard to pull off a morph chamber, yet completely possible.

Cons

• Risk of becoming a chamber fiesta.

There have to be some sort of nerf to morphs or it will get spammed in a competitive scene.

1315 2881
  • 18 Sep '17
 Monsteri

I want to try it.

It's more intuitive.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 18 Sep '17
 Frise

But then you'd have to give us the ability to morph one more time, provided you did chamber a morph with your morph. Otherwise it would just become predictable. I think we should just try it out tbh.

95 102
  • 18 Sep '17
 TheShade

@Sir Zombie said:
Git gud

Farmed u in chiv

It's alpha afterall. Would be nice to see how it works in combat.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

you can cancel a morph to a block.
Unless you have the same weapons speed, I don't see how you can chamber a morph with a morph

95 102
  • 18 Sep '17
 TheShade

@Carlo_Mano said:
you can cancel a morph to a block.
Unless you have the same weapons speed, I don't see how you can chamber a morph with a morph

Footwork.

35 63
  • 23 Sep '17
 Walworth

This would make the game more interesting and raise the skillcap.

+1

Knight 40 91
  • 23 Sep '17
 Vegust

@TheShade said:
For those that don't want it, could you comment why?

Well you can block morphs so why can't you chamber them with the same timing? And i really like how you can morph into strike after stab chamber or vice versa to punish people who chamber in advance (gamble) and to prevent infinite chambers.

Knight 3194 4397
  • 24 Sep '17
 MONKEYTOES

git bad