Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

A question concerning chambering poleweapon

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

I did lots of slowmo testing, and yet there is something i'm not quite sure about.

When chambering a pole weapon, do I have to aim at the tip or does it work if I aim at the shaft?

Because while chambering swords slashes can get tricky, it's really not impossible even with weird angles. Even aiming just above the crossguard is enough. But with poleweapons, it feels so inconsistent...

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 18 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

I think you're supposed to aim where it hits you

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@Sir Zombie said:
I think you're supposed to aim where it hits you

I'm not sure, as I said, I could chamber swords by aiming anywhere on the blade, even the part that wouldn't touch me...

Knight 3194 4397
  • 18 Sep '17
 MONKEYTOES

carlo, turn on tracers

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@Monkeytoes said:
carlo, turn on tracers

is it relevant to that question?

@Carlo_Mano said:
When chambering a pole weapon, do I have to aim at the tip or does it work if I aim at the shaft?

Knight 3194 4397
  • 18 Sep '17
 MONKEYTOES

@Carlo_Mano said:

@Monkeytoes said:
carlo, turn on tracers

is it relevant to that question?

@Carlo_Mano said:

Figure it out by turning in tracers. Tracers show you the hitboxes 'n sheit.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 19 Sep '17
 Frise

In my experience, you shouldn't look at the weapon when trying to chamber. Just a short flick in the attack direction will work while making your chamber a lot less telegraphed. It also avoids the common problem of getting the direction wrong.

Knight 27 34
  • 19 Sep '17
 LegendaryZero

Question - Does weapon need to be in release phase to chamber other weapon, or could it be early as wind up phase?

Knight 14 15
  • 19 Sep '17
 .Bones

@LegendaryZero said:
Question - Does weapon need to be in release phase to chamber other weapon, or could it be early as wind up phase?

The opponent's weapon has to be in it's late release phase (nearly hitting you) when you start your chamber attack.

Knight 27 34
  • 19 Sep '17
 LegendaryZero

@.Bones said:

@LegendaryZero said:

The opponent's weapon has to be in it's late release phase (nearly hitting you) when you start your chamber attack.

Oh, the timing is similar to parry then? Just attack instead of parry (provide that my angle matched)? That mean my "wind up" attack beat other's later release phase, thus chambering?

Knight 14 15
  • 19 Sep '17
 .Bones

@LegendaryZero said:

@.Bones said:

@LegendaryZero said:

Oh, the timing is similar to parry then? Just attack instead of parry (provide that my angle matched)? That mean my "wind up" attack beat other's later release phase, thus chambering?

Your last question - yes. First and second - no, because chambers have a very short time window compared to parries.

To practice, play against a bot using "slomo 0.5" in the console.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 19 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@Frise said:
In my experience, you shouldn't look at the weapon when trying to chamber. Just a short flick in the attack direction will work while making your chamber a lot less telegraphed. It also avoids the common problem of getting the direction wrong.

It's a bit easier now that the 240° has been updated.

Knight 685 1855
  • 19 Sep '17
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Carlo_Mano said:

@Frise said:

It's a bit easier now that the 240° has been updated.

Totally agree on that. I'm more comfortable with chivalry keys for attacking, mostly because aiming a parry then aiming your attack in the short riposte window feels to hard for me. But the 240 system now works wonders for chambering.
Which is why I now use both systems for what they are good at.