Mordhau

The Meta

Knight 53 60
  • 19 Sep '17
 Ziggylata

@das said:
I mean, if all you care about is killing in an Alpha build and not necessarily getting better, there isn't much reason not to use shield + mace, shield + arming sword, mordhau, halberd, eveningstar, or zweihander. But people want to actually test stuff and build up fundamental skills rather than crutch on cheese that will probably get patched/balanced out/dramatically changed by release anyways.

That would make sense if these people didnt populate literally every game and you have to 100% outplay them every time to not get destroyed.
Reminds me of playing shield against good players in chiv.

Count 671 1131
  • 19 Sep '17
 Zexis

low strikes in general seem strong, harder to read and harder to parry. overheads conversely aren't so great, unless you waterfall or something

Baron 26 10
  • 19 Sep '17
 DarkLandsknecht

Kick is the meta, bitches. The kick, and parry into throwing axe in the face
The only problem is that you may waste 2 axes against a heavy helmet.

73 73
  • 19 Sep '17
 Tr1bal

In that case, Das, people should work on the 240 degree system and finding bugs, rather than using specific weapons, as you said, it should hopefully get balanced out.

Knight 697 1610
  • 19 Sep '17
 das

@Zexis said:
low strikes in general seem strong, harder to read and harder to parry. overheads conversely aren't so great, unless you waterfall or something

Overhead drags are still pretty powerful, especially when they're done at an angle where it looks like an LMB windup so chamber attemps against them fail. Pre-set angle/Chivalry bind overheads are ludicrously difficult to chamber with 240 but easy with the same setup. Stuff like Eveningstar foot drag overheads are really tricky to chamber cause you have to crouch and lookdown but overhead upwards - even when you do that, you still have to watch out for morphs into stabs too.

Knight 2273 4089
  • 19 Sep '17
 Runagate

I've found a nice way to murder lots of plate+zwei boys. Warhammer + heater shield - we have a specialized anti-plate weapon so why not use it for it's purpose.

Knight 928 2545
  • 19 Sep '17
 Pred

@das said:
I mean, if all you care about is killing in an Alpha build and not necessarily getting better, there isn't much reason not to use shield + mace, shield + arming sword, mordhau, halberd, eveningstar, or zweihander. But people want to actually test stuff and build up fundamental skills rather than crutch on cheese that will probably get patched/balanced out/dramatically changed by release anyways.

Not all of them.

Not many of them at all.

Duke 5526 13171
  • 19 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

Broken longsword, aka 2H dagger is best weapon

I think something some of you may be forgetting is that weapons like the zwei and halberd etc. are intended to be the best weapons - not overly so, but using these weapons in the future probably means that you won't be rocking plate, or potentially a sidearm.

48 75
  • 19 Sep '17
 cheesehead

@Jax said:
Broken longsword, aka 2H dagger is best weapon

I think something some of you may be forgetting is that weapons like the zwei and halberd etc. are intended to be the best weapons - not overly so, but using these weapons in the future probably means that you won't be rocking plate, or potentially a sidearm.

side arms aren't as useful as plate armor imo, think people would rather just trade for the weapon they know instead of having a side arm they use every 12 kills

Duke 5526 13171
  • 19 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

yeah that's true, but using a halberd inside Grad can get a little bit weird. Hopefully there's some level design that favors small weapons

Count 671 1131
  • 19 Sep '17
 Zexis

@das said:

@Zexis said:

Overhead drags are still pretty powerful, especially when they're done at an angle where it looks like an LMB windup so chamber attemps against them fail. Pre-set angle/Chivalry bind overheads are ludicrously difficult to chamber with 240 but easy with the same setup. Stuff like Eveningstar foot drag overheads are really tricky to chamber cause you have to crouch and lookdown but overhead upwards - even when you do that, you still have to watch out for morphs into stabs too.

Really any non-horizontal drag is hard to chamber. It's mental fuckery because the swing starts high up or down low, but by the time it hits you it's now the opposite. That's hard to chamber because you have to remember the correct angle, or guess the correct angle if the enemy turned to hide the windup, and then actually connect the chamber attempt with two weapons at different angles.

But I mean the days of instant lookdown OHs of Chiv are gone from what I've seen, which is for the better. Maybe some weapons still have it.

Knight 928 2545
  • 19 Sep '17
 Pred

@Zexis said:
Really any non-horizontal drag is hard to chamber. It's mental fuckery because the swing starts high up or down low, but by the time it hits you it's now the opposite. That's hard to chamber because you have to remember the correct angle, or guess the correct angle if the enemy turned to hide the windup

I have problems chambering non-horizontal strikes against a bot at slomo .5, lol

I look at the windup and I'm lik, "OK, that's not horizontal" - but which one is it - who the fuck knows.