Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Votekick when

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 19 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

I'm actually not sure if he meant leg kick or game kick now that I think about it

Knight 2307 4188
  • 19 Sep '17
 Runagate

He doesn't seem all that bright yeah

Mercenary 83 73

@ANALGRINDER said:
Kick and cry is for kids, u play a pc game for fun... and please don't act like police posting screens with bullshit, first of all, the game have big problems in gameplay with weapon directional swings..., and that the everytime someone must have the last hit... 0 draw match chance between two players.

Ye man we play it for fun. Duels are fun! Trolls who just want to interrupt duels aren't fun! So the Fun-Police will kick them as they want to keep the game funny! If we don't kick Trolls the game isn't funny anymore! So the Fun-Police will also kick Chat-spammers so that everybody can play the game and have fun!
:)

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 19 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

Ah geez and now he will spend another 50 comments on Vote Kicks

Baron 1226 1617
  • 19 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

On duel servers, the gang-rape the troll technique kinda works, but votekick would be faster :p

Knight 2307 4188
  • 19 Sep '17
 Runagate

Also, some people (Such as Unnamed, that axe throwing ninja) are pretty persistent and won't leave even if ganked over and over again.

Knight 685 1855
  • 19 Sep '17
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Carlo_Mano said:
On duel servers, the gang-rape the troll technique kinda works, but votekick would be faster :p

Don't worry, admin kick still work more or less, I got your back !
No but seriously, unless you can have an admin online 24/24 you need a way for players (especially in old duels) to regulate the server themselves.
On chivalry every server on which the votekick was disabled were riddled with hackers (the assault rifle sling were funny at least).

Knight 941 2569
  • 19 Sep '17
 Pred

@Runagate said:
Also, some people (Such as Unnamed, that axe throwing ninja) are pretty persistent and won't leave even if ganked over and over again.

Yeah, it's actually kind of sad. I mean, I would find it funny for a moment when I was 12, but it would get boring very quickly. And then you have people, often young adults, and it counts as "fun" for them.

Knight 115 67
  • 19 Sep '17
 DailyMilkman

Autokick?

FFA - Dunno really whats kickable other than having a bad language and manners. So this might be hard to fix an autokick for. Perhaps simply make filter that autokicks on what people are typing in chat. DUNNO!

TDM/LTS - Autokick upon too many teamkills or too high team damage percentage.

Knight 685 1855
  • 19 Sep '17
 ÐMontyleGueux

@DailyMilkman said:
Autokick?

FFA - Dunno really whats kickable other than having a bad language and manners. So this might be hard to fix an autokick for. Perhaps simply make filter that autokicks on what people are typing in chat. DUNNO!

TDM/LTS - Autokick upon too many teamkills or too high team damage percentage.

I don't think autokick is a good idea. In csgo you get autokicked from servers if you tk too much, even privately hosted. Yes, even if you're hosting the server, closing the server in the process.

Also a troll can easily exploit it to piss someone off until he makes a mistake and get kicked himself

Overall votekick mechanic is flawed but it's the best option I can think of.

Knight 212 781
  • 19 Sep '17
 Anal Error

70 players online... and you already thinking about kick? you all who think about this in alpha must be very frustrated peoples in real life also...

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 19 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

I mean you are thinking about something that would happen 1/100..0 fights... 2 people... hitting each other... at low health... ... ... ... .. .. . . .

Knight 685 1855
  • 19 Sep '17
 ÐMontyleGueux

@ANALGRINDER said:
70 players online... and you already thinking about kick? you all who think about this in alpha must be very frustrated peoples in real life also...

I have an old duel server and I want people to be able to enjoy duelling without disturbance. I always ask to stop first if someone break a rule. But if they tell me to shut up and keep on annoying others like some did, well I will have to kick.

Yes, you're right, people want to enjoy the alpha. That's why I make sure they can enjoy it without any troll induced disturbances.

And remember, kick =\= ban. You are free to come back. Take it as a warning.

Knight 152 100
  • 20 Sep '17
 Lilboots

Votekick and Admins are needed, hopefully they start the process soon when they have a moment. We have the same issue in Australia "I've been team killed so this allows me to blatantly team kill everyone".

Dedicated servers are starting to pop up if approved by the Developers, you can ask the server company to approach Triternion Devs to speak and organise and hasten this like I have and start running your own servers with active Admins