Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Phantom Attacks

Duke 341 974
  • 17 Sep '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

I’ve noticed that strikes and stabs can at times phase through without inflicting damage. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does occur, there’s no indication as to what might have caused the attack to go undetected. I have a stable connection and rarely notice my ping above 70. I’ve mentioned this to others and I don’t seem to be the only one that this happens to.

Duke 341 974
Knight 8 15
  • 17 Sep '17
 Borkel

You might have missed

Knight 528 3386
  • 17 Sep '17
 rob_owner

i thought you narrowly missed but i can see the sword passing through his arms when he returns back to idle from parry so i dunno

1090 6149
  • 17 Sep '17
 crushed — Art

We're currently investigating this problem, more footage incase it happens again would help

Duke 341 974
  • 17 Sep '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

@crushed said:
We're currently investigating this problem, more footage incase it happens again would help

Thanks, Crushed. I'll save more clips of it happening and post them here.

988 6974
  • 17 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

@Ruby Rhoderick said:

@crushed said:

Try to get footage in a format that allows us to scrub and analyze better like YT, it's a bit tough with gfycat. There definitely seems to be a problem in some cases with missing like this.

Duke 341 974
  • 18 Sep '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

@marox said:

@Ruby Rhoderick said:

@crushed said:

Try to get footage in a format that allows us to scrub and analyze better like YT, it's a bit tough with gfycat. There definitely seems to be a problem in some cases with missing like this.

Here's another ..

I'm sorry if it's not in the format you wanted? Could you clarify what you meant by your last post, Marox?

Knight 528 3386
  • 18 Sep '17
 rob_owner

that has happened to me a lot many times. what was your ping

Mercenary 83 73

unfortunately i don't have a footage but i can confirm that this happens a lot to me too. Also the strikes with the "maul" u can find on the map are rly difficult to predict as the second slash looks from the beginning to the end just like he's striking out. Dunno how to describe it but I'll try to make a footage of it. About my ping it's mostly around 40-60 with some spikes sometimes.

Mercenary 112 315
  • 18 Sep '17
 Racemate

First spear thrusts seems didn't make any damage to Brigand:

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@Racemate said:
First spear thrusts seems didn't make any damage to Brigand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NeffbqjcOY

That was a chamber that got blocked, nothing wrong here

Knight 15 25
  • 18 Sep '17
 Gremp

What about these?

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

seems like they are misses, stabs must be precise and once you arm is extended, you can't do dmg by reorienting the stab unlike in chiv.

I think not having a mouse sensitivity set on 999999 would help

111 131
  • 18 Sep '17
 Bang

I've experienced this too - especially when my ping gets high. Was playing at 130 yesterday and it felt like every other attack was phasing through.

Knight 57 63
  • 18 Sep '17
 Edmund

@Gremp said:
What about these?

The last 20sec, i've seen that a lot to ingame, a lot of miss stab and overhead after an opening like feint or panic parry, so many miss looks like everyone is a footwork god now; or maybe there is a problem.
The lower strike to, can't seem to have a consistent parry with it.

Baron 291 224
  • 18 Sep '17
 Esa1996

@Ruby Rhoderick said:

@marox said:

@Ruby Rhoderick said:

@crushed said:

Here's another ..

I'm sorry if it's not in the format you wanted? Could you clarify what you meant by your last post, Marox?

YT means YouTube so your second video is exactly what he asked for.

Knight 15 25
  • 18 Sep '17
 Gremp

Here's another example. This time without the halberd.
It's happening to me extremely often and with every weapon, to be honest, so it doesn't seem like a weapon-specific tracer issue

Knight 23 24
  • 19 Sep '17
 StoopKid

@marox said:

@Ruby Rhoderick said:

@crushed said:

I feel like I've been getting more of these lately
https://youtu.be/5FuyMlNd5QU

988 6974
  • 20 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

Keep em coming. There's something weird going on with those attacks for sure, especially the overheads that go clean through without there being much mouse movement even involved (which is the usual culprit if this is related to networking).