Mordhau

Does it seem to anyone else that the penalty for medium/light armor is not worth the risk right now?

16 11
  • 16 Sep '17
 VladimusMaximus

So essentially, after playing for a full day ( love the game ) I have noticed that there is a massive damage penalty for medium and especially light armours that are by no means worth that penalty in terms of the little speed reward you get. Has anyone else noticed this? As soon as I wear heavy armor I win like 70% of the time, with light and medium armor that goes down drastically as often you can't afford a single mistake. BUT, you are not much faster, perceivably.

Knight 24 106
  • 16 Sep '17
 Doppelsöldner

This has been said before, but the perk system will likely go a long ways towards balancing armor classes.

16 11
  • 16 Sep '17
 VladimusMaximus

@Doppelsöldner said:
This has been said before, but the perk system will likely go a long ways towards balancing armor classes.

Okay well glad I'm not the only one noticing this, where can I find out about the planned 'perk' system?

Knight 24 106
  • 16 Sep '17
 Doppelsöldner

No idea when they'll be revealed in depth or implemented. Better to just wait for their release and tweak from there.

Duchess 6861 9829
  • 16 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

Look at the teripper interviews

1627 2895
  • 16 Sep '17
 Ranten

Currently light/medium armor is useless trash but that's ONLY because the thing that they are supposed to be good for is just not implemented yet (the perk system). Ultimately, the heavy armor is the best armor in the game but it will be HEAVILY restricted by the perk system, while light/medium armor will serve as a compromise/getaround when you need to spend perks on some other useful stuff while still keeping yourself protected

But right now heavy armor is not restricted at all and the whole point of other armor types just doesn't exist yet. Right now it's best for you to just go full heavy armor unless you REALLY care about the looks like I do - then you are forced to go through the suffering of getting 1-2 shotted by everything, but hey at least you will die with style

Duke 754 1200
  • 16 Sep '17
 Stumpy

The character accelerates equally fast, the only difference is the max speed.

Which means :

• heavy armor = fast acceleration to top speed.
  • light armor = longer time to accelerate to top speed.

You would imagine the acceleration would be faster on a lightly armored man. But in this game it is not.
And the only reason you'd want light/medium armor is because of speed, but when the difference is so small and if you actually try to run away they can just throw all of their arming swords into your back. So having light armor is useless atm. That's my opinion imotbh

Knight 83 115
  • 16 Sep '17
 Mufflin

Yeah at the moment the only reason to play peasant is for RP purposes because most weapons are one hit kill on you if they aim well.

Duchess 76 79
  • 17 Sep '17
 ChrisFries

I noticed that Light armors die from a single throw in the back.