Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau is worse than slasher.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 21 Sep '17
 Huggles

The only thing I liked more in slash than in mordhau was the parrying. Everything else is way worse.

3234 4264
  • 22 Sep '17
 Havoc

And yet some of you agree ingame.

396 454
  • 23 Sep '17
 JasonBourne

Why was parrying better in slasher ? I never played slasher so I dont know.

1627 2898
  • 23 Sep '17
 Ranten

@JasonBourne said:
Why was parrying better in slasher ? I never played slasher so I dont know.

Parry windows were much smaller and aiming strikes/parries was an actual thing. Right now the parry windows are much bigger, if you aim for legs but a guy protects his torso, then the strike still will get blocked. If it was Slasher the strike would easily hit the legs

I have personally had some moments when a guy parried backstabbing using some wizardry, which proves that the parries are still not fully polished yet

Knight 2308 4188
  • 23 Sep '17
 Runagate

I agree that parrying isn't in a very good state right now, I hope it'll be made to be like slasher where you indeed had to aim them properly.

Knight 289 201
  • 28 Sep '17
 TheUprising

Slasher=Dota
Mordhau=LoL

fReE sLaShEr

Knight 2 0
  • 29 Sep '17
 whiteberry

Mordhau is worse than Age of Chivalry.

3234 4264
  • 29 Sep '17
 Havoc

@whiteberry said:

ouch

Knight 2 0
  • 29 Sep '17
 whiteberry

@Havoc said:

@whiteberry said:

ouch

AoC was more fun and involved much less RNG than this laughable toy.

Baron 1647 5234
  • 29 Sep '17
 Lincs

Mordhau is worse than Skyrim, but it's actually a modded Oblivion, but it's actually Daggerfall converted to play on a GPS hardwired to a 1990 Volvo 240 and heavily edited to resemble an Oblivion-modded version of Skyrim, which is actually a device meant to broadcast an encoded message to the Soviet Union, which is actually the Souls franchise is easily the most overrated franchise in over a decade, which is actually the main theme to Demon Souls played on a shamisen by a twelve year old Uzbek child, which is actually the band Mumford and Sons, which is actually bolded text.

9/10 too much water

Duke 2266 4010
  • 29 Sep '17
 Huggles

@whiteberry said:
RNG

Do you know what that word means?

Baron 36 63
  • 29 Sep '17
 Lamprey

A tip for the devs regarding the SteamWorks SDK. Packages could be a useful tool in distributing kickstarter rewards. I haven't worked with Unreal in a long time, but you can most likely just add an Item Database or bool to a certain item. If the player can't use a specific item due to kickstarter tier, lock it. An example is DLC, which is a unique package which links from the store. Opposed to using the store you could just link it to a key.

Knight 445 1074
  • 29 Sep '17
 Knight Nicholas

@Huggles said:

@whiteberry said:
RNG

Do you know what that word means?

Ha
Huggles fell for the bait

Knight 289 201
  • 1 Oct '17
 TheUprising

I feel its mainly due to the difference in windup speed/release speed from chiv to here, as chiv was more "readable" and reactable even with crappy animations. And yeah parry being way to forgiving in hitbox size also doesn't help.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 1 Oct '17
 ThunderDuck

@TheUprising said:
as chiv was more "readable" and reactable

wtf are you on about?

Knight 1269 3811
  • 1 Oct '17
 Frise

@TheUprising said:
I feel its mainly due to the difference in windup speed/release speed from chiv to here, as chiv was more "readable" and reactable even with crappy animations. And yeah parry being way to forgiving in hitbox size also doesn't help.

They said they're working on the animations currently, so there's no point in discussing this right now.

3234 4264
  • 1 Oct '17
 Havoc

@Frise said:

@TheUprising said:

They said they're working on the animations currently, so there's no point in discussing this right now.

Solid logic right there.

"They gone fix broken thang soonerish, no talk bout broken thang."

Knight 3313 6811
  • 1 Oct '17
 Bodkin

@whiteberry said:

@Havoc said:

@whiteberry said:

ouch

AoC was more fun and involved much less RNG than this laughable toy.

What RNG lol?

Baron 47 89
  • 2 Oct '17
 Tatornator

No way of knowing when an opponent is nearly drained of stamina is personally a issue to me, is it so hard to implement heavy breathing? Or am I completely deaf?

396 454
  • 2 Oct '17
 JasonBourne

@Tatornator said:
No way of knowing when an opponent is nearly drained of stamina is personally a issue to me, is it so hard to implement heavy breathing? Or am I completely deaf?

Chill your tits m8, its still an alpha. Also there are way more important things that needs to be changed first..