Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau is worse than slasher.

Baron 583 973
  • 18 Sep '17
 lash

Analgrinder are you trying to become a meme here? :D

Tell me what is the chance in any other game to kill a pro, when you are complete noob? :P

1315 2881
  • 18 Sep '17
 Monsteri

@Zexis said:
It's hard to say, but my gut tells me morphs need a look.

Chambering is the single hardest mechanic to execute in this game. Conversely, morphs are very easy to execute and cost zero stamina. If you attempt to chamber an attack that is then morphed, your options are to ftp if still in release or to gamble. Remember that you cannot use a morphed attack to chamber, only the pre-morph attack. Maybe you can clash if the timing is right.

I feel chambers require so much mechanical effort while being countered or discouraged too easily. Because I feel discouraged from chambering because they might morph and it turns into a gamble, I'm more susceptible to feints. Gives a lot of momentum to whoever wins the first mind game.

Might change my opinion as I get better.

I've done extensive training on chambers and in my opinion this would be fixed if we could chamber the morph with our own morph. It's just intuitive for it to work this way, but for some reason it does not. If they accelerate the morph you can get the chamber in anyway, if they delay the morph then you have time to FTP. Morph becomes more of a soft counter rather than a hard one.

Also, I'd like to see 6 stamina penalty on morphing. It would add a lot of extra penalty if the morphing guy gets read and has to ftp: +6 morph, +10 feint, +7 (more in the future) parry. Less chances for feinting shenanigans then; I feel like reading a feint should be rewarding even if they FTP in time.

Knight 212 781
  • 18 Sep '17
 Anal Error

In this game is 0 focus about archery? wtf ? who cares about feints... and other bullshit, melee combat is already compromised ... all pro players feints and parry... constantly... very boring... 0 draw matches... and i payed 50 euro.

Baron 583 973
  • 18 Sep '17
 lash

@ANALGRINDER said:
and i payed 50 euro.

Well, judging by the feces you spewed here so far, we are all more saddened by this than you are, trust me.

Duke 162 274
  • 18 Sep '17
 BEACHES

The only gripe I have are the underhand swing animations. They are very hard to discern compared to just a normal walking movement. There needs to be a big defined windup so i know THATS an underhand, THATS an LMB, THATS an overhead coming. The animations just seem to blend together because of how fluid they are. In order to chamber successfully, you need to be able to understand the attack thats coming and quickly.

Overall though, very good job so far. Just please work on more defined startup animations.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 18 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

Analgrinder's persistance is quite admirable I must admit

396 454
  • 18 Sep '17
 JasonBourne

You forgot:

• fov is locked at 130
Knight 240 388
  • 18 Sep '17
 NitroSperg6K

Alpha hasn't even been out a week and people are already crying lmao

Knight 240 388
Knight 15 25
  • 19 Sep '17
 Gremp

@JasonBourne said:
You forgot:

• fov is locked at 130

As someone who played quite a bit with 120, 130, 137, 143, 150 and 160 FOV, I think that 130 is actually plenty and I haven't felt uncomfortable with my line of sight yet.

Knight 519 999
  • 19 Sep '17
 wierHL

@Jax said:

@DerFurst said:

Sleep usually helps. There's some subconscious learning in your sleep that almost magically can help you solidify learned patterns and help you solve problems.

This x1000, it's almost like sleeping gets me better at Mordy than actually playing it for some reason

I woke up today and discovered I could chamber like 4 times as reliably, idk what's going on when I'm sleeping but it's dank

You telling me I can git gud at Mordhau for the low price of just one sleep? What a deal!

Knight 399 873
  • 19 Sep '17
 Alphonse

expecting to be a fucking god in 50 hs when you should only be able to master it after hundreds

not even knowing what muscle memory is or how it works.

The absolute state of this community. I thought this game was supposed to be competitive?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_consolidation

You literally have to forget all the bad habits of eeeeeveeeeryyy single mechanic you learned in Chiv that doesn't really work in Mordhau.

This means time. And practicing. And taking breaks.. And sleeping.

Count 4205 9821
  • 19 Sep '17
 DerFurst

All the people I've spoken to agree that mordhau is worse than slasher

source: I talked to three people I already knew didn't like the game and nobody else

Knight 697 1611
  • 19 Sep '17
 das

@Alphonse said:

expecting to be a fucking god in 50 hs when you should only be able to master it after hundreds

The absolute state of this community. I thought this game was supposed to be competitive?

You literally have to forget all the bad habits of eeeeeveeeeryyy single mechanic you learned in Chiv that doesn't really work in Mordhau.

It's what I've been telling people since I touched Slasher. Chiv habits get you punished bad.

Knight 2308 4188
  • 19 Sep '17
 Runagate

@Alphonse said:

Good thing I have never played Chivalry, so I have no bad habits and am free of sin!

Knight 399 873
  • 19 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@Runagate said:

@Alphonse said:

Good thing I have never played Chivalry, so I have no bad habits and am free of sin!

It's all good. mate, you'll soon learn bad habits from Mordhau if you don't practice smartly.

Knight 152 100
  • 20 Sep '17
 Lilboots

The issue I see commonly is people who have contributed more than 2000+ hours in Chivalry would play Mordhau expecting to dominate, New mechanics, much more detailed fighting makes this game harder and in a lot of cases the players from chivalry are stuck in their ways and cannot adapt or will not, Put some more time in the game instead of whinging on the forums and I'm sure you will get a kill or two....

Its a new game, the leader of its genre and simply a brilliant one.

EDIT: People are still attempting reverse over heads XD

396 454
  • 20 Sep '17
 JasonBourne

hav ing experience in chiv givese you a huge advantage in Mordhau believe me..

Knight 2308 4188
  • 20 Sep '17
 Runagate

I don't think that will be the case in the long run.

396 454
  • 21 Sep '17
 JasonBourne

Obviously not, but as a start it is. A completely noob wont be able to kill an experienced chiv player.