Mordhau

Mordhau is worse than slasher.

67 158
  • 18 Sep '17
 Flippy

@PJ_Ammas said:

@MeTaLAnGeR said:
Until they implement a better 240 system, my hype for this game is going down.

The 240 system is so easy to use. I don't understand people's complaints

Same, I really enjoy it. The only times I've ever had a "huh?" moment were in frantic teamfights and I was swinging my mouse all over the screen. In those cases I probably just moved my mouse in the wrong direction.

Knight 2228 4004
  • 18 Sep '17
 Runagate

Other than for the first few hours of play, I haven't been having any problems with the 240° system either. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but again once I got the hang of it it's been very nice to use. The only attack I've bound is the right overhead to down scroll, like in Slasher.

Sellsword 41 88
  • 18 Sep '17
 Xedrik

Ridiculous bastard!

Baron 128 295
  • 18 Sep '17
 2cool2care

@Havoc said:
Title.

I've talked to most of you.

Everyone I've talked to agrees, but doesn't want to upset a fan base that cares more about bright colors than solid mechanics.

Haha when you and your friends realise you still suck at melee games after being Mordhau forum dwellers for months/years, feels bad man.
Quit your bullshit, you did not talk to most of people who played slasher. You just probably talked with the other retarded people of this place who are disapointed because they suck at the game.

Baron 128 295
  • 18 Sep '17
 2cool2care

@MeTaLAnGeR said:
I didnt play Slasher, which as I can see, seems like a pre-pre Alpha of Mordhau, with a similar angle system like in here.

The thing is, doesn't matter if you have X experience on Chiv or Slasher - the 240 angle command imput in this game is UNRELIABLE by itself in this current state. Then, plus all the retarded shenanigans player are abusing and weapons unbalacing, make every login into Mordhau a complete stress.
There is no way of "git gud" in this moment, since practing is futile when the system reads your imputs the wrong way.

Now, one exemple that most eveyone here already experienced:
To win:

• just go full heavy
  • eveningstar/zwei/polecancer,
  • look down (to force the system lock),
  • facehug and
  • spam lower swings.
    If it fails, put some LMBs here and there.

There is no "Duel" at the moment. People are playing for trolls, not testing.
It's frustrating as hell.

PS: You guys who claim to be "god" like - if you want to be usefull for this community, do a in-depth tutorial vid on how to imput commands rightly with this shit 240 angle system. (Since the game didnt provided it itself).

Hahahah i remember you you're the guy who FFA'd for hours on a duel server because you're just bad as fuck please man hahah

uninstall when

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@PJ_Ammas said:

@MeTaLAnGeR said:

The 240 system is so easy to use. I don't understand people's complaints

It IS easy to use, i think most complains come from the fact that it's not always the right angle that comes out

Count 4202 9802
  • 18 Sep '17
 DerFurst

It's pretty common to go through a phase of "I hate this, this is awful" when first starting something new. Your brain isn't accommodated to the new thing, so either your ego will shrink back and say "I'm inadequate and that feels bad" or it will fight and say "it's not my fault, the thing itself is bad!" Both of these reactions are normal. Your brain just needs time to adjust, and eventually things will "click" and feel right.

Sleep usually helps. There's some subconscious learning in your sleep that almost magically can help you solidify learned patterns and help you solve problems. Just get some rest, try again with a better attitude, learn from your mistakes, learn from what makes others successful, and eventually it will "click." I'm only on day 2 and I've already had the experience of "oh shit this is bad" turning to "this is very good"

Knight 3147 4341
  • 18 Sep '17
 MONKEYTOES

From the get-go, I had a blast with Mordhau. Furst, you might have an issue...

When I first opened up Mordhau, I ejaculated all over the screen.

Knight 32 25
  • 18 Sep '17
 Kronast

@2cool2care said:

@MeTaLAnGeR

Hahahah i remember you you're the guy who FFA'd for hours on a duel server because you're just bad as fuck please man hahah

I saw him aswell, he was training stab chambers with someone else on a duel server but they often got interrupted from people just FFAing, so the exact opposite.

Duke 5473 13074
  • 18 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@DerFurst said:

Sleep usually helps. There's some subconscious learning in your sleep that almost magically can help you solidify learned patterns and help you solve problems.

This x1000, it's almost like sleeping gets me better at Mordy than actually playing it for some reason

I woke up today and discovered I could chamber like 4 times as reliably, idk what's going on when I'm sleeping but it's dank

Mercenary 73 70

Guess @Havoc just did exactly what the devs want us to do when we're playing the Alpha. The earlier the devs get feedbacks, the earlier they can think about it and work on it so imo all the posts like "it's just one week out", "it's Alpha", "get good" is pretty useless. SURE it's an Alpha guys and exactly because of this Havoc tries to get some first impressions of other players and sums them up in one post. What's wrong with it?
To Havoc's post:
I don't agree with everything but the main problem for now i guess are the animations and i agree with that. For sure balancing is not what the devs put the focus on for now but giving them early impressions about the Zwei,eveningstar or the polehammer is usefull. Not usefull are comments like "git gut". That's just crap.

Good job Havoc!

Count 671 1130
  • 18 Sep '17
 Zexis

It's hard to say, but my gut tells me morphs need a look.

Chambering is the single hardest mechanic to execute in this game. Conversely, morphs are very easy to execute and cost zero stamina. If you attempt to chamber an attack that is then morphed, your options are to ftp if still in release or to gamble. Remember that you cannot use a morphed attack to chamber, only the pre-morph attack. Maybe you can clash if the timing is right.

I feel chambers require so much mechanical effort while being countered or discouraged too easily. Because I feel discouraged from chambering because they might morph and it turns into a gamble, I'm more susceptible to feints. Gives a lot of momentum to whoever wins the first mind game.

Might change my opinion as I get better.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

I actually found morphs easier to read than plain feints.

Mercenary 1844 6967
  • 18 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

Only nerf morphs need is some stamina cost, which they will get soon.

Baron 1600 5076
  • 18 Sep '17
 Lincs

Uh yeah no dude Slasher played and looked like a half formed abortion, I couldn't play it for more than an hour, maybe two at best. I'd gladly play Mordhau every waking minute if I didn't have responsibilities. It's simply more fun, alpha issues aside.

I don't know why people are being so sensational about the balance and the mechanics like they're unavoidably shit when none of us have even been playing for very long as of yet. We're all still kids figuring out how to crawl in the fighting system but people think it needs to be changed drastically within days of the alpha going live, wtf.

Knight 147 159
  • 18 Sep '17
 MrBlackDragon

After reading the compiled list by Havoc here is how I interpret it:
Most of these gripes stem from being unable to have a balanced fight where all animations are readable and reasonably countered. I agree with quite a few of them as well.

I think it would help very much if the players knew just how much of a change many of these systems are going to get.
ex: are halberds meant to behave this way? Are kicks going to change? Will parry windows be tweaked?

Personally. I can't tell what the hell is happening a lot of the time because at lot of the movements are too subtle/short or too long/easy to manipulate.

Baron 578 965
  • 18 Sep '17
 lash

@MrBlackDragon said:

How many hours have you played?

I'm not saying this in a "cocky" way, but really.

I get a feeling that many people in the alpha were really good in chivalry and expected to be just as good here.

But this is a different game, I have now 36 hours recorded on steam, if you take away the hours when I'm AFK or in the menus, I think solid 25 hours of gameplay could be the correct measure and I allready could see huge improvement with all kinds of stuff.

Don't get me wrong, when I first started the game, It felt weird to me as well - but with every hour it gets better, as do I.

273 444
  • 18 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@lash said:

@MrBlackDragon said:

How many hours have you played?

I'm not saying this in a "cocky" way, but really.

I get a feeling that many people in the alpha were really good in chivalry and expected to be just as good here.

But this is a different game, I have now 36 hours recorded on steam, if you take away the hours when I'm AFK or in the menus, I think solid 25 hours of gameplay could be the correct measure and I allready could see huge improvement with all kinds of stuff.

Don't get me wrong, when I first started the game, It felt weird to me as well - but with every hour it gets better, as do I.

Yeah I agree. I couldn't see or figure out what was happening at first in this game. You develop an eye for it.

HUGE TIP: Turn your sensitivity down from chiv. You need it lower so you can use the 240 system without letting your opponent leave your view. I was fucking up majorly with seeing what my opponent was doing and this helped a lot.

Knight 208 727
  • 18 Sep '17
 Anal Error

Mordhau = 0 chance to have 1 kill the new players vs spam parry and feints pro.
I will play only archery, i don't care about melee in this game because is unrealistic (no double KO)

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 18 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

You must be a melee god