Mordhau

Mordhau is worse than slasher.

3234 4261
  • 16 Sep '17
 Havoc

Title.

I've talked to most of you.

Everyone I've talked to agrees, but doesn't want to upset a fan base that cares more about bright colors than solid mechanics.

Mercenary 1880 7039
  • 16 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

What are your arguments for this bold statement

Duke 507 1198
Conscript 4562 6301
  • 16 Sep '17
 vanguard

Isnt it a bit too early to say that?

The more I play, the more I am enjoying it

Mercenary 1880 7039
  • 16 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

I enjoyed Slasher too because it felt very similar to Chivalry. Mordhau feels very different, but I think the mechanics are much more solid.

Baron 578 966
  • 16 Sep '17
 lash

Elaborate please.

I don't think that people in Alpha subforums care that much about graphics.

Conscript 4562 6301
  • 16 Sep '17
 vanguard

At first I thought mordhau was really strange, I couldn't get the feel for it. Attacks felt weird, 240 attack system was pure wizardry I couldn't make ANY attack in the direction I wanted, and footwork also felt strange, specially while sprinting foward and attacking.

Then it clicked and holy shit, these things are making more sense to me. I don't even use old chiv binds anymore tbh its all 240 system and indeed it feels natural as fuck, chambering got simpler because before I had to either scroll wheel down, up, or press thumb button to chamber while also needing to resort to the 240 system. Now its just the directional system, way "cleaner", thumb button became jump even and I'm waiting to see what scrol wheel down will be.

I honestly enjoy this game a lot, and I have played with about 170 ping, its fully playable (won't say on a competitive level because who da fuck knows that), but I can parry, chamber do whatever fuck and it almost never feels like "hey that was lag", although sometimes it is noticiable, specially with the foward movement after attacking.

Anyways, with high ping and bots I'm already having a blast, holy shit one can only imagine when this game actually lauches and we get a fuckload of br people playing it.

Slasher was cool, but idk mordhau feels MUCH better.

108 106
  • 16 Sep '17
 Level

Too early to say, wait until at least mid beta and then judge.

Knight 196 414

Spear definitely sucks ass, imo.

Knight 334 777
  • 16 Sep '17
 AngelEyes

@SpreaderofCheeks said:
I enjoyed Slasher too because it felt very similar to Chivalry.

images.jpg

Mercenary 1880 7039
  • 16 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

@AngelEyes said:

@SpreaderofCheeks said:
I enjoyed Slasher too because it felt very similar to Chivalry.

images.jpg

I felt comfortable with it very quickly is all I mean

Knight 334 777
  • 16 Sep '17
 AngelEyes

@SpreaderofCheeks said:

Why is it a bad thing you don't feel comfortable quickly with Mordhau? Is that because the game mechanics are foreign to you? You felt more comfortable with Slasher because it was more like Chiv? Is that a good thing?

I don't want to be 'that guy' but, when I first saw Mordhau years ago on youtube my brain didn't immediately say to itself "This is what Chivalry should have been!". Oddly enough, I had more hours on Age of Chilvary the HL mod than I did Chiv, which was a whole whopping 150hrs and that was all right at its launch before it's dark magics were unearthed. I won't get upset with people comparing the games though because the parallels are unavoidable and that would be as stupid as people saying not to compare PUBG to H1Z1.

I've played tons more of Warband than Chiv and I don't want Mordhau to be more like Warband either. I want Mordhau to be Mordhau. The king of medieval melee that finally does it right, because Warband has issues too. By "right" I mean a game with an incredibly simple yet not simplistic system that retains the reason I backed the game, "We want fights to look like fights".

Anyway, I'm not quick to jump in and judge people for their opinions because that helps nobody in this situation. It would be easy for me to rag on @Havoc but instead of doing that I would love more to know why Slasher surpasses Mordhau, because I've never played Slasher.

Duchess 76 79
  • 16 Sep '17
 ChrisFries

@Havoc said:
Title.

Everyone I've talked to agrees, but doesn't want to upset a fan base that cares more about bright colors than solid mechanics.

Cut the bullshit you've talked to most of us, Havoc.
Given that it is roughly 3000 people that has access to the Alpha. Let alone the hundreds that are active on the forums.

I guess it's just your own opinion in the end, but it would help to know what you dislike than just saying it's worse. Keep in mind that the majority haven't even played Slasher.

Mercenary 1880 7039
  • 16 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

@AngelEyes said:

@SpreaderofCheeks said:

Why is it a bad thing you don't feel comfortable quickly with Mordhau? Is that because the game mechanics are foreign to you? You felt more comfortable with Slasher because it was more like Chiv? Is that a good thing?

I don't want to be 'that guy' but, when I first saw Mordhau years ago on youtube my brain didn't immediately say to itself "This is what Chivalry should have been!". Oddly enough, I had more hours on Age of Chilvary the HL mod than I did Chiv, which was a whole whopping 150hrs and that was all right at its launch before it's dark magics were unearthed. I won't get upset with people comparing the games though because the parallels are unavoidable and that would be as stupid as people saying not to compare PUBG to H1Z1.

I've played tons more of Warband than Chiv and I don't want Mordhau to be more like Warband either. I want Mordhau to be Mordhau. The king of medieval melee that finally does it right, because Warband has issues too. By "right" I mean a game with an incredibly simple yet not simplistic system that retains the reason I backed the game, "We want fights to look like fights".

Anyway, I'm not quick to jump in and judge people for their opinions because that helps nobody in this situation. It would be easy for me to rag on @Havoc but instead of doing that I would love more to know why Slasher surpasses Mordhau, because I've never played Slasher.

I don't think it's a bad thing. Also you'd think this would imply that I like it.

tbhtbh.png

Baron 1226 1617
  • 16 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@ChrisFries said:

@Havoc said:
Title.

Cut the bullshit you've talked to most of us, Havoc.
Given that it is roughly 3000 people that has access to the Alpha. Let alone the hundreds that are active on the forums.

I guess it's just your own opinion in the end, but it would help to know what you dislike than just saying it's worse. Keep in mind that the majority haven't even played Slasher.

I don't side with havoc on this, but talking to most of those who played slasher wouldn't take long.

Duchess 76 79
  • 16 Sep '17
 ChrisFries

@Carlo_Mano said:

I don't side with havoc on this, but talking to most of those who played slasher wouldn't take long.

While that is true, it is still too early to tell how Mordhau will develop until it's final release. By the looks of it, they are patching the game very frequently and it is based on our feedback and testing. It doesn't help to complain without elaborating on the reason itself.

Knight 334 777
  • 16 Sep '17
 AngelEyes

@SpreaderofCheeks said:

@AngelEyes said:
I don't think it's a bad thing. Also you'd think this would imply that I like it.

Yes I edited that part out because it didn't make sense corresponding to what you previously said, my bad. :). Also didn't want to sound like I was jumping down your throat as what I said was directed toward Havoc. I just got carried away over morning coffee. Forgive me.

Knight 30 55
  • 16 Sep '17
 TPMElbanana

it's still too early to say that, specially when (in my opinion) the 240º has improved so much in just a couple of builds, the room for improvement is infinite.

Duchess 789 3478
  • 16 Sep '17
 Stouty

I was somewhat in the same boat having went from super consistently chambering in slasher to hardly being able to chamber a thing in Mordhau but some practice has alleviated this. Making a passive aggressive post doesn't really help anyone though so it would have been more helpful to state something constructive like "the release animations could be made clearer in Mordhau". Also I'd be interested in knowing how far you took the skill ceiling in Slasher, Havoc. Kaway and I became pretty godlike at chambering and most hits were landed by cheesing how instant the combo overheads became if you accel'd them, using dodge and running in and out of facehug to land kicks/punish kick attempts which became a bit dull after a while. I also found plenty of times in Slasher where someone would go to punish my feint but I'd land my hit first anyway (as sometimes happens in Mordhau) so there may also be a case of nostalgia goggles kicking in

Mercenary 2550 4566
  • 16 Sep '17
 SIEGE

Slasher was really depressing unlike Mordhau