Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Move speed differences

Knight 86 94

242 walk 400 sprint for full plate

262 walk 460 sprint for cloth

This isn't any where near enough of a difference IMO, being able to survive 1 shot vs 5. and you cant really kite and choose your engagements.

Knight 31 79
  • 16 Sep '17
 λdambomb

Pretty sure the proficiency system that's not in the alpha right now solves this issue some way.

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 16 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

Yup, right now I see absolutely no reason not to wear all heavy gear. Other than fashion of course.

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 16 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

The alpha isn't supposed to be balanced

Knight 86 94

@Sir Zombie said:

it is time to find things and make them known that need to be tweaked a balanced.

Baroness 175 185
  • 16 Sep '17
 Edy_Nelson

my post was better

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 16 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Sir Zombie said:

it is time to find things and make them known that need to be tweaked a balanced.

The devs probably have over 20 times the time in their game compared to you. I think they'd know even if they weren't working on it right now.

Knight 86 94

@Sir Zombie said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Sir Zombie said:

The devs probably have over 20 times the time in their game compared to you. I think they'd know even if they weren't working on it right now.

Man, Who would have thought someone that developed a game spent more time in that game which is their FULL TIME JOB. Than just a random fan. Incredible. You're an idiot

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 16 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

I think you're the idiot for thinking you know more than the devs

Knight 86 94

@Sir Zombie said:
I think you're the idiot for thinking you know more than the devs

I never said i did, It was a suggestion/feedback, Now please take your negative shit attitude somewhere else.

I dont think anyone has time for your "IF YOU HAVE IDEAS FUCK OFF DEVS KNOW EVERYTHING" disposition. if they didnt need help, they wouldn't have a beta or alpha.

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 16 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Sir Zombie said:

oh I'm sorry but maybe it is also because you don't really have a very original opinion

Knight 86 94

@Sir Zombie said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

@Sir Zombie said:

oh I'm sorry but maybe it is also because you don't really have a very original opinion

You're a fucking douchebag. Go away. Your the least original shithead anywhere. You're super edgy and confrontational we get it. Fuck off

Knight 86 94

Can we get mods to lock this.

Knight 174 263
  • 17 Sep '17
 Echonian

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

This isn't any where near enough of a difference IMO, being able to survive 1 shot vs 5. and you cant really kite and choose your engagements.

Heavy armor is currently very strong, but it isn't as overpowered as many claim, because most players are simply really bad and have to rely on their ability to tank hits rather than on their actual skill in aiming attacks and such to win fights.

It isn't supposed to be balanced right now, and "1 shot vs 5" is a ridiculous exaggeration (more like 2 vs 4 for light vs heavy armor, still a lot, but not 5 times more). I've managed to do well with light armor myself by leveraging even that slight speed increase, by the way. You can use that speed increase when in close combat to keep the initiative more easily and keep the range you want, and you can also run away to swap weapons or throw something or such more easily with light armor.

I'm not saying light armor isn't weak right now - it is - but it isn't as weak as you're claiming, and I'm sure the devs will balance things out eventually. So don't worry about it. There's no need for you to get so riled up by Sir Zombie either, or to turn this into a passive aggressive party over nothing. Or rather, an aggressive one, I guess? Whatever.

A lot of people have made this complaint, and I GUARANTEE you that it is something that will be balanced as soon as balance becomes a priority.

1920 968

@Echonian said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

Heavy armor is currently very strong, but it isn't as overpowered as many claim, because most players are simply really bad and have to rely on their ability to tank hits rather than on their actual skill in aiming attacks and such to win fights.

It isn't supposed to be balanced right now, and "1 shot vs 5" is a ridiculous exaggeration (more like 2 vs 4 for light vs heavy armor, still a lot, but not 5 times more). I've managed to do well with light armor myself by leveraging even that slight speed increase, by the way. You can use that speed increase when in close combat to keep the initiative more easily and keep the range you want, and you can also run away to swap weapons or throw something or such more easily with light armor.

I'm not saying light armor isn't weak right now - it is - but it isn't as weak as you're claiming, and I'm sure the devs will balance things out eventually. So don't worry about it. There's no need for you to get so riled up by Sir Zombie either, or to turn this into a passive aggressive party over nothing. Or rather, an aggressive one, I guess? Whatever.

A lot of people have made this complaint, and I GUARANTEE you that it is something that will be balanced as soon as balance becomes a priority.

Actually 1 shot vs 5 is pretty accurate from my experience. Not that i'm complaining, it's just that i more often do die from one hit. Full plate does take at least 4 hits to kill and often 5 hits.

I do think the devs realize this and will fix it, so i'm not worried about it.

One thing i do think there should be is an increase of acceleration to top speed. Actually i think if you gave light the same acceleration we had in chivalry, that alone should balance it out without even having to increase the top speed.

Knight 174 263
  • 17 Sep '17
 Echonian

@roshawnmarcellterrell said:

@Echonian said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:

Actually 1 shot vs 5 is pretty accurate from my experience. Not that i'm complaining, it's just that i more often do die from one hit. Full plate does take at least 4 hits to kill and often 5 hits.

I do think the devs realize this and will fix it, so i'm not worried about it.

One thing i do think there should be is an increase of acceleration to top speed. Actually i think if you gave light the same acceleration we had in chivalry, that alone should balance it out without even having to increase the top speed.

I think it depends largely on the weapon. It takes me 4-5 hits to kill heavy armor with a quarterstaff, and I die in 2-3 hits with the same weapon attacking me. The real kicker though with light armor is that you can be one shot by quite a few weapons (or even a throwing dagger to the face). Heavy armor isn't ALWAYS 4-5 hits though to kill. A mace will kill someone in heavy armor with 2-3 hits, for example, and larger swords can do it in 2 hits if you hit them accurately (usually more like 4 though).

As you said though, I'm sure that things will be balanced out in due course.