Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #3 Discussion Thread

Baron 291 224
  • 17 Sep '17
 Esa1996

@marox said:

@kEsa1996 said:
M&B and WOTR both used a system where it starts measuring the direction of your swing when you press down LMB, winds up the attack as soon as it detects movement from your mouse, and then finally begins to swing when you lift LMB. This same system would work great for Mordhau with some tiny changes to prevent people from holding up attacks:

1. Make the client start measuring the direction of your swing when you press down LMB, but don't start the windup nor the following swing start until LMB is lifted.
  2. Make the attack windup start as soon as the client detects movement from your mouse (Up until here this is the exact same system used in M&B and WOTR). Unlike M&B and WOTR the client should then keep on proceeding to the release phase no matter whether LMB is still pressed down or not.

Personally I think the second option would be best. It's faster than option 1 yet extremely accurate in reading a player's input as proven by M&B and WOTR.

Had no idea it actually worked this way in MnB/Wotr, will definitely try out option 2, I think option 1 is too slow to be worthwhile.

Thank you! Apart from this one little inconvenience I really like the game. Some tweaking here and there will of course make it even better but this is my only real issue with it :)

Duchess 76 79
  • 17 Sep '17
 ChrisFries

I noticed that the pick up weapons doesn't spawn when there's a new round in team matches, neither have i've seen them respawn in FFA, or it's an extremely low spawn timer.

Baron 291 224
  • 17 Sep '17
 Esa1996

Noticed today when playing TDM with bots in Pit that the bots refuse to jump on to the map from the spawn. Kinda hard to play when all your opponents are standing two meters above you on an unaccessible ledge of rock :D

Duke 5562 13285
  • 18 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@kEsa1996 said:
Noticed today when playing TDM with bots in Pit that the bots refuse to jump on to the map from the spawn. Kinda hard to play when all your opponents are standing two meters above you on an unaccessible ledge of rock :D

Bots are afraid of heights

Baron 291 224
  • 18 Sep '17
 Esa1996

@Jax said:

@kEsa1996 said:

Bots are afraid of heights

I've noticed yeah. This was the first actual problem caused by said fear I've noticed.

Knight 24 19
  • 18 Sep '17
 NekoVeil

About directional attacks, why not give us the option to hold down attack to raise our weapon for striking/thrusting, moving the mouse to the direction we want to attack from but still allow us to change that direction as long as we're holding our weapon (holding left/middle/ect-click) and not throw out the attack until we release the attack button?

Baron 291 224
  • 18 Sep '17
 Esa1996

@NekoVeil said:
About directional attacks, why not give us the option to hold down attack to raise our weapon for striking/thrusting, moving the mouse to the direction we want to attack from but still allow us to change that direction as long as we're holding our weapon (holding left/middle/ect-click) and not throw out the attack until we release the attack button?

That would require holding up attacks which is not possible in Mordhau.

105 685
  • 18 Sep '17
 Spook — UI

This topic has been unpinned.

Knight 24 19
  • 18 Sep '17
 NekoVeil

@kEsa1996 said:

@NekoVeil said:

That would require holding up attacks which is not possible in Mordhau.

Doesn't mean it can't become possible.

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 19 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

Doesn't mean it will become possible. It goes against a lot of other mechanics in game.