Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Alpha Build #3 Discussion Thread

105 685
  • 15 Sep '17
 Spook — UI

Here's the patch notes: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10158/changelog-thread/

What do you guys think of the changes? Discuss them here!

105 685
  • 15 Sep '17
 Spook — UI

This topic has been pinned.

Baron 201 453
  • 15 Sep '17
 Ceegal

Another one already!?
Edit:"Added m.inverseattackdirection console command to flip angling direction"
I love you

16 11
  • 15 Sep '17
 VladimusMaximus

Disabled SteamVR plugin - Hajelluja

319 417
  • 15 Sep '17
 ChuckJones

Bots are afraid of heights.

Knight 66 72
  • 15 Sep '17
 DoubleK

Wow another build in such a short time frame, great work guys! Good changes.

95 102
  • 15 Sep '17
 TheShade

I can not open up console on a swedish keyboard.

Baron 5 0

"Disabled SteamVR plugin"

yay! thank you, thank you! FPS went from 40ish to 150ish .. yay!!!!!!! everything maxed out with a gtx 1080ti on a i7 3770K @ 4.6 GHz

edit: also i can not open console on Swiss-keyboard

Duchess 76 79
  • 15 Sep '17
 ChrisFries

@TheShade said:

I got the same issue, would be helpful to add a bind key option in controls.

Baron 291 224
  • 15 Sep '17
 Esa1996

Good changes, especially the server mode dedicated servers.

I still want you to make the 240 degree strike aiming system similar to M&B where you can click before flicking as this would make it far easier to aim attacks where you want them to go. For me this is the most important change to the game you guys can make at the moment.

Don't know if it's a bug but the game takes ages to open. From clicking Mordhau icon on my desktop to seeing the Unreal Engine 4 logo can take up to a minute.

Militia 44 50
  • 15 Sep '17
 Sareth

Keybinds for choosing the items in the menu can also be set in options now.

WHERE?!
I've been scrolling through the bloody settings for God knows how long and I can't find these darn options.

Knight 399 873
  • 15 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@TheShade said:

For everyone having troubles opening up the console, do this:

1. Go to <unit>:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Mordhau\Engine\Config\ and open the BaseInput.ini file.
  2. Locate this line:

+ConsoleKeys=Tilde

1. Change "Tilde" to a different key, for example "J" (or any key which does nothing in-game), and save the file.

2. Restart Mordhau. Console should open up when pressing J.

Knight 399 873
  • 15 Sep '17
 Alphonse

I'm still having a lot of issues with the directional attack system.

Here's a video of me trying to get a LMB standard strike / right to left swing to demonstrate my problem:

I have Strike bound to Left Click. Wheel Up bound to Stab. Wheel Down to Overhead. My sensitivity is 0.5, my DPI is 1200. I enabled "Invert X axis".

• I'm literally killing myself and respawning with the crosshair "centered" at default height (I'm not even moving my mouse after I spawn).

• I just left click without moving the mouse at all and it does an overhead for some reason.

• I move down the cursor 5 cm and without any dragging I get a lower strike. Okay, I guess?

• Moving the crosshair 2 cm up, click (no dragging), and then I get a left to right swing, hooray!

• I move the cursor 3 cm to the left, no change in height, no dragging (or very very minimal), left click. Boom, an overhead.

• I move the cursor another 2 cm to the left, no change in height, left click. A left to right strike.

I don't know if any of this is intended, but it just feels like I have no control of what I'm doing. Much less when I'm in combat and I move my mouse a lot more. And that's just the regular LMB strike. I bound a left strike to Thumb mouse 1 and Lower left strike to Thumb mouse 2 and it will randomly do inverted attacks as well.

Duke 986 1381
  • 15 Sep '17
 PadanFain

Strange i dont have this issue

Knight 38 48
  • 16 Sep '17
 Ivenend_Zwei833

Bots are afraid of heights. What does this mean?

Knight 399 873
  • 16 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@PadanFain said:
Strange i dont have this issue

I even reset my Controls to default and it still happens.

I'll do a directional overhead once. Kill myself, respawn, press LMB with no change in position and I get an overhead. I will move the cursor a few cm to different directions, stay absolutely still, LMB and I get attacks from nonsensical directions.

Knight 43 82
  • 16 Sep '17
 jank

@Ivenend_Zwei833 said:
Bots are afraid of heights. What does this mean?

They won't jump from any height, even if they survive. Like the walkways along the walls in Camp.

1315 2881
  • 16 Sep '17
 Monsteri

@Alphonse said:

Here's a video of me trying to get a LMB standard strike / right to left swing to demonstrate my problem:

snip

I have Strike bound to Left Click. Wheel Up bound to Stab. Wheel Down to Overhead. My sensitivity is 0.5, my DPI is 1200. I enabled "Invert X axis".

• I'm literally killing myself and respawning with the crosshair "centered" at default height (I'm not even moving my mouse after I spawn).

• I just left click without moving the mouse at all and it does an overhead for some reason.

• I move down the cursor 5 cm and without any dragging I get a lower strike. Okay, I guess?

• Moving the crosshair 2 cm up, click (no dragging), and then I get a left to right swing, hooray!

• I move the cursor 3 cm to the left, no change in height, no dragging (or very very minimal), left click. Boom, an overhead.

• I move the cursor another 2 cm to the left, no change in height, left click. A left to right strike.

I don't know if any of this is intended, but it just feels like I have no control of what I'm doing. Much less when I'm in combat and I move my mouse a lot more. And that's just the regular LMB strike. I bound a left strike to Thumb mouse 1 and Lower left strike to Thumb mouse 2 and it will randomly do inverted attacks as well.

That does look weird. Have you tried with different mice?

988 6974
  • 16 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

@Alphonse said:

Did you have the same issues in Alpha 2 & 1?

Knight 399 873
  • 16 Sep '17
 Alphonse

Yup, almost identical results with a different mouse. The one I regularly use is a Logitech G402. I disabled its software just in case and I still get the same results. Tried a different USB port, having nothing else on the USBs, unplugging my keyboard.

Not sure what else I could try to get rid of this issue. No wonder combat felt random, lol.

@marox said:

@Alphonse said:

Did you have the same issues in Alpha 2 & 1?

I didn't try testing it without moving it like in the video, which makes the issue to be really obvious, but yes, I used to LMB and I'd see an overhead out of nowhere mid combat or an alt strike while not looking in that direction.

I could do some more indepth testing but I don't know if there's any debug command to show the appropriate info.