Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

what does camera distance do?

Knight 30 22
  • 15 Sep '17
 TastierCornet3

Hi guys. So i love the alpha i have my fov 130 but it feels really close still and my eyes get this wierd feeling. What does camera distance do?

Knight 40 40
  • 15 Sep '17
 Madcat

@TastierCornet3 said:
Hi guys. So i love the alpha i have my fov 130 but it feels really close still and my eyes get this wierd feeling. What does camera distance do?

I tested it too and from what I can tell it didn't really seem to do anything

96 128
  • 15 Sep '17
 Reapy

I noticed a difference. I think it is your camera offset from where your head would be. I liked having it at -15 and felt I could see a bit more as it moved the camera to where the back of your skull would be. I haven't adjusted my FOV past 110 so maybe at the higher FOVs it's less noticeable. I know i'm supposed to warp my screen and make the game look like ass to be competitive but I just can't do it.

Knight 30 22
  • 15 Sep '17
 TastierCornet3

i dont like warped game too

1315 2881
  • 15 Sep '17
 Monsteri

Basically what Reapy said, camera distance adjusts the horizontal position of your camera. Think of it as 0 camera distance being your eyes, -15 being the back of your skull, and +15 being in front of your face.

Knight 30 22
  • 18 Sep '17
 TastierCornet3

@Monsteri said:
Basically what Reapy said, camera distance adjusts the horizontal position of your camera. Think of it as 0 camera distance being your eyes, -15 being the back of your skull, and +15 being in front of your face.

thanks a lot guyssss

Mercenary 1897 7067
  • 18 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

So what's the difference between FOV and gamera disdange :-DD

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

Camera distance is there to compensate situations where you say "hey! I was out of reach, wasn't I?"

Conscript 294 345
  • 19 Sep '17
 Qwampa

Go to a single player game
Open up console
Type: m.CameraDistance -15
Type: m.CameraDistance 15
See for yourself what it does.

988 6974
  • 19 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

Camera distance effect is reduced on higher fovs because they already zoom out, so it becomes an option for lower fovs to compensate for a bit more view without getting warping.