Mordhau

Guide: Chambers & Morphs

96 128
  • 15 Sep '17
 Reapy

@Reapy said:

@marox said:

@Sir Zombie said:
So when you slash and your opponent stabs so you morph, it won't chamber?

Correct.

And when you your opponent slashes, you start the chamber a tiny bit early and morph into stab already, it'll still chamber (unless you were too early and miss the initial window)

This is pretty awesome and an important detail to throw into any tutorial for the game, was noticing in some duels when I was getting chambers that I was getting mostly suck mirroring, now you can basically flick the swing chamber out and go right into a stab and get the chamber block still, that is pretty awesome. Can't wait to die another 50 times trying to get that to work tonight.

Knight 106 188
  • 15 Sep '17
 Crim

The forum could do with a dedicated guides and tutorials board, and this thread being the first one pinned.

Please do one on how to beat people using shield next :)

273 444
  • 15 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

So if someone starts a stab and morphs into a slash, you can chamber that with a stab?

So people can't morph to ruin your chamber response...

This is good.

Duchess 6895 9871
  • 15 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

That is exactly the opposite of what he said tho

273 444
  • 15 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Sir Zombie said:

It was one of the things he said?

Knight 83 115
  • 15 Sep '17
 Mufflin

@TheUndying said:
K so you basically have to mirror your opponent's strike. Nice.

I can't and won't be getting the hang of this, so I hope there will be noob servers around!

Go in singleplayer with a bot and type "slomo 0.3" into the console. This will make the gameplay slow enough for you to be able to chamber easily, then keep speeding up until you're at full speed and can chamber anything.

Militia 44 50
  • 15 Sep '17
 Sareth

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

@Sir Zombie said:

Not quite. The way I understood it, he said if somebody DOES a stab and you chamber (with a stab), then immediately morph into a slash, YOUR slash will chamber HIS stab.

Likewise, if somebody does a slash, you need to slash in order to chamber, but then you can immediately morph that slash into a stab and because you slashed first, it will chamber.

On the other hand, if -- like in your example -- somebody starts a stab, then morphs into a slash, you'll have to SLASH and match the timing of your opponent's morphed-into slash in order to chamber. You can then morph that slash into a stab, of course.

Knight 337 777
  • 16 Sep '17
 AngelEyes

@marox said:

And when you your opponent slashes, you start the chamber a tiny bit early and morph into stab already, it'll still chamber (unless you were too early and miss the initial window)

Just pulled my first one off on a bot. You guys are freaking sages man.

95 102
  • 16 Sep '17
 TheShade

@marox said:

@Sir Zombie said:
So when you slash and your opponent stabs so you morph, it won't chamber?

Correct.

Would it be possible to make it so I can chamber a morph with a morph? Like if my opponent tries to morph me while i try to chamber him and so I'll just morph to chamber back his morph.

It kinda feels like you can punish someone that chambers a lot easily with morphing right now.

273 444
  • 16 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Sareth said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

@Sir Zombie said:

Not quite. The way I understood it, he said if somebody DOES a stab and you chamber (with a stab), then immediately morph into a slash, YOUR slash will chamber HIS stab.

Likewise, if somebody does a slash, you need to slash in order to chamber, but then you can immediately morph that slash into a stab and because you slashed first, it will chamber.

On the other hand, if -- like in your example -- somebody starts a stab, then morphs into a slash, you'll have to SLASH and match the timing of your opponent's morphed-into slash in order to chamber. You can then morph that slash into a stab, of course.

I'm at a [9] right now and reading this was the hardest thing I've ever done

6 6
  • 16 Sep '17
 Krevarr

@Stouty said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb14acQ3n0g&feature=youtu.be

This is a very useful guide, thank you! :)