Mordhau

Basic Server Hosting Requirements

Count 53 97
  • 14 Sep '17
 Shifty

I host a Dedicated Duels Server off a spare machine and the following is the use statistics for 10 concurrent players:

CPU: 10% usage (single core)
RAM: 500mb
DIsk: 40mb/s write (read negligible)
Net: 60kb/s up 30 kb/s down

Edit: @ 16 players the only change is:

Disk: 60mb/s (write)
Net: 100kb/s up 37kb/s down

The specs of my machine are:

CPU: i5 4690
RAM: 8GB DDR3
SSD: 120GB Kingston
Internet: 36/1

It was difficult for me to find useage statistics anywhere on the net so hopefully some people find this useful.

Baron 7 3
  • 15 Sep '17
 Mr.Jericho

i5-2400
500GB HDD
8GB Ram.
50/50 Fiber connection.

Knight 43 82
  • 15 Sep '17
 jank

What are the downsides of hosting a dedicated server on the same machine you're playing on?

Count 53 97
  • 16 Sep '17
 Shifty

@jank said:
What are the downsides of hosting a dedicated server on the same machine you're playing on?

Generally; performance. This may or may not be an issue in mord, but its best to just use a spare laptop or pc.

26 13
  • 1 Oct '17
 Gauvin

@Shifty said:
I host a Dedicated Duels Server off a spare machine and the following is the use statistics for 10 concurrent players:

With Windows or Linux?
I'm trying to determine if a 512MB ram server would be enough.

9 18
  • 2 Oct '17
 uKSTREAMLINE

@Gauvin
From our testing, the game doesn't use an overly large amount of resources. You could probably get away with running it on 512mb server (Linux), with Windows the overhead would use basically all of the RAM.

Heres a bit of a breakdown over a week period: http://puu.sh/xNOIX/c7f0cd16e7.png
Note: CPU is reported per core (so 100% = 1 CPU core).
RAM never seems to go higher than ~350MB even when16 players are online.

The system this is running on is as follows: (major overkill for the game)
CPU: i7-5960X OC @ 4.3GHZ
RAM: 64GB DDR4

26 13
  • 2 Oct '17
 Gauvin

@uKSTREAMLINE said:
@Gauvin
From our testing, the game doesn't use an overly large amount of resources. You could probably get away with running it on 512mb server (Linux), with Windows the overhead would use basically all of the RAM.

Heres a bit of a breakdown over a week period: http://puu.sh/xNOIX/c7f0cd16e7.png

Thank you very much! So it uses only 1 core is what you're saying? Your processor has 8 cores if I'm reading this right. The max cpu usage was about 80% on your usage graph. Was each core loaded to that amount or only one of the 8 cores?

9 18
  • 2 Oct '17
 uKSTREAMLINE

@Gauvin said:

@uKSTREAMLINE said:
@Gauvin

Thank you very much! So it uses only 1 core is what you're saying? Your processor has 8 cores if I'm reading this right. The max cpu usage was about 80% on your usage graph. Was each core loaded to that amount or only one of the 8 cores?

That's correct, the game only uses 1 core.
We report CPU on a per core level (so 100% = 1 CPU core).
So only one core was running at 80%.

26 13
  • 3 Oct '17
 Gauvin

So I'm at 200MB ram on Linux server, with ~55% CPU load with 8 players out of 16.
Only thing I haven't been able to do is to set ToggleDamage off for each new map reload, so every time the map switches.
Anyone can help with this?

2383 4841
  • 3 Oct '17
 Maci

I haven't messed with the server files yet, but the changelog states something about a "DamageFactor" in some ini.

988 6971
  • 3 Oct '17
 marox — Project Lead

Yes, use DamageFactor, for example:

[/Script/Mordhau.MordhauGameMode]
MapRotation=SKM_Contraband
MapRotation=TDM_Camp
MapRotation=FFA_Grad
MapRotation=SKM_ThePit
MapRotation=TDM_Contraband
MapRotation=FFA_Camp
MapRotation=SKM_Grad
MapRotation=TDM_ThePit
MapRotation=FFA_Contraband
MapRotation=SKM_Camp
MapRotation=FFA_ThePit
DamageFactor=0.0

PS: you can set teamdamagefactor that way as well.

26 13
  • 3 Oct '17
 Gauvin

@Maci said:
I haven't messed with the server files yet, but the changelog states something about a "DamageFactor" in some ini.

Yes I've checked all the ini files and there is none of that talking about damage. So it has to be a command to add. I want to know the syntax for it, I've messaged a dev to ask about it.

EDIT: tyvm Marox this is what I needed.