Mordhau

Sword went right through him.

108 103
  • 14 Sep '17
 Level

Every time I think my sword clips through somebody I am going to put it on this page.

Duke 461 712
  • 14 Sep '17
 Goatie

Hits going through people happens quite often. I'd just chalk it up to alpha.

108 103
  • 14 Sep '17
 Level

Gotta make sure to devs are well aware. Biggest problem this game has thus far.

Knight 685 1845
  • 14 Sep '17
 ÐMontyleGueux

I see what you mean by "going right through" as I've experienced it myself.
It's not really about the hitboxes themselves but more like the first person animations. Chivalry somewhat had this problem too, when someone barely evade your attack, the first person animation will make you believe you should have hit him. It should hopefully be fixed once they refine these animations.

Mercenary 2148 3832
  • 14 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

Put on a t-shirt tbh.

974 6908
  • 14 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

To make sure we need:

• more pixels
  • ping
108 103
  • 14 Sep '17
 Level

@marox said:
To make sure we need:

• more pixels
  • ping

It was just a stream clip and my internet is not all that good. But I can confirm and other players can too that it happens every so often. And if you're unlucky, pretty frequently. If I find the motivation, i'll record it at 1080p 60fps at 120% render scale. But I get about 60-80 ping on average and that can't be helped.

108 103
  • 14 Sep '17
 Level

@EruTheTeapot said:
Put on a t-shirt tbh.

Too hot in my room, no thanks. I usually strip down to my underwear as soon as I get home.

Count 671 1130
  • 14 Sep '17
 Zexis

My stabs are pretty consistent in hitting. Can you name any other factors or patterns you've noticed?: such as using certain weapons, having high ping or going against high ping enemies, etc.

301 874
  • 14 Sep '17
 Naleaus

Watched on my phone, so kind of small and hard to see, but if you slow it down it almost looks like it's just right under his arm instead of in him. I didn't test if shields on your back have a hit box like Chivalry, but assuming not, could just be super unlucky miss? Also, do certain armors stick out slightly from the character/hit box?

8 6
  • 14 Sep '17
 Andimar

Overhead swings have resulted quite a few times in my weapon going through my opponent without doing damage, with the warhammer and the pollaxe in hammer mode in particular. Had like 60 ping.

1063 6045
  • 14 Sep '17
 crushed — Art

Give us video footage so we can see whats going on

974 6908
  • 14 Sep '17
 marox — Project Lead

@Naleaus said:
I didn't test if shields on your back have a hit box like Chivalry

Shields don't have a hitbox for getting hit

108 103
  • 16 Sep '17
 Level

@crushed said:
Give us video footage so we can see what's going on

Once I get a friend to help me I will see if I can replicate the sword going through him with under 70 ping while recording at 1080p 60fps. But i'll only continue this thread if I can find a way to replicate it.

It would be a massive help in finding problems like this if you guys added more commands. I've already addressed some obvious command ideas in this post.

More commands would be nice.
A command to have bots freeze (Stand still and not attack)
A god mode command (The 'God' command says its unrecognized.
A command to enable god mode for bots as well.
Assign a number to every bot in game, (visually showing each bots number next to their name),
so that you can make a command to teleport specific bots.
A Noclip command

1063 6045
  • 16 Sep '17
 crushed — Art

After the latest netcode changes in the build, missing should happen much less. There is still a known problem right now of handle tracers making horizontal swings clip trough in some facehug cases, and the first person stab recoveries looking too much like release. We'll take a look at those

108 103
  • 16 Sep '17
 Level

@crushed said:
After the latest netcode changes in the build, missing should happen much less. There is still a known problem right now of handle tracers making horizontal swings clip trough in some facehug cases, and the first person stab recoveries looking too much like release. We'll take a look at those

You guys are awesome. Yeah after the changes I actually haven't noticed any of the missing happening at all yet.

Knight 30 28
  • 16 Sep '17
 JewJewBinks

@marox said:
To make sure we need:

• more pixels
  • ping

I mentioned this in a previous thread. the weapon tracers dont match up with how long the weapons are, they are all shorter range then the weapons. if a weapon is 5 feet long it should have a 5 foot range for the tracer at the furthest part of the weapon tracers arc or else it messes with the dynamics of combat. This results in the sword "going through" people because the weapons 5 feet and the tracers like 3.5.. so 1.5 feet of the sword can pass through without even doing damage.

Can you guys please look into this its one of my biggest gripes with this game currently, its actually infuriating sometimes.

Also noting that your opponents swing actually looking further away than it is as well resulting in being hit when it looks as if you are out of range of the swing in first person yet it still hits. fov issues maybe?

Baron 22 56