Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Forgetting team/knowing players

Knight 174 263
  • 17 Sep '17
 Echonian

@das said:

@Spook said:
An idea I had to help remedy this (won't completely fix it) is to add "Enemy"/"Friendly" above someone's name at the bottom of the screen when you look at them, like this:

enemy.png

In the future we'll probably have small icons that hover over friendlies in close proximity, as well as changing the crosshair color when looking at enemies/friendlies.

I'd go with the green/red crosshair and signifier you made, minimal and effective. I don't know about floating chevrons.

If a person is having trouble telling what color is what and which team they are on after checking at the start of the game, having a red crosshair certainly isn't going to help them. I could see a lot of players confusing a red crosshair for a sign that the person in question is on the red team, after all.

Coloring a person's name red or blue when you look at them would be better, since it would match the already-existing colors. Having a slight tint (that is optional) around your screen or part of the UI would also be neat, but again, it needs to be optional if it's going to be a visual distraction.

Knight 697 1611
  • 17 Sep '17
 das

Maybe an X with a friendly color on teammates like in CSGO would help as well.

Knight 399 873
  • 17 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@Spook said:
An idea I had to help remedy this (won't completely fix it) is to add "Enemy"/"Friendly" above someone's name at the bottom of the screen when you look at them, like this:

enemy.png

That's a really good fix imo.

Count 1476 965

@Spook said:
An idea I had to help remedy this (won't completely fix it) is to add "Enemy"/"Friendly" above someone's name at the bottom of the screen when you look at them, like this:

enemy.png

In the future we'll probably have small icons that hover over friendlies in close proximity, as well as changing the crosshair color when looking at enemies/friendlies.

New addition, status, is the enemy happy to see me or is that a zweihander in his pocket?

Count 1476 965

@Echonian said:

@das said:

@Spook said:
An idea I had to help remedy this (won't completely fix it) is to add "Enemy"/"Friendly" above someone's name at the bottom of the screen when you look at them, like this:

enemy.png

In the future we'll probably have small icons that hover over friendlies in close proximity, as well as changing the crosshair color when looking at enemies/friendlies.

I'd go with the green/red crosshair and signifier you made, minimal and effective. I don't know about floating chevrons.

If a person is having trouble telling what color is what and which team they are on after checking at the start of the game, having a red crosshair certainly isn't going to help them. I could see a lot of players confusing a red crosshair for a sign that the person in question is on the red team, after all.

Coloring a person's name red or blue when you look at them would be better, since it would match the already-existing colors. Having a slight tint (that is optional) around your screen or part of the UI would also be neat, but again, it needs to be optional if it's going to be a visual distraction.

The problem isn't know what team is what color when you look at them, the problem is know what color you are before engaging.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 18 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@das said:
Maybe an X with a friendly color on teammates like in CSGO would help as well.

That's nice and simple.