Mordhau

Dedicated Server Hosting Guide (Linux)

3 0
  • 5 Jun
 Nuke142

Hey.
How about guide for armhf (armv7) machines?

Because i have "/root/mordhau_server/steamcmd/linux32/steamcmd: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error"

1 0

Hi everyone, I had try to created a Linux Server by Google Compute Engine. When get in the game and connect to it, I can see it said "Joinning server..." but the last thing i saw was "Failed to connect to server" and nothing was change on my server log. Hope someone can help me about this. Thank you.

11 2

You can actually just login to steam anonymously for update / install.

i.e. in steam:

login anonymous

That way you don't need to use a steam account / password

531 283
  • 1
  • 11 Jun
 Gambit

@KillerQUEEN said:
Hi everyone, I had try to created a Linux Server by Google Compute Engine. When get in the game and connect to it, I can see it said "Joinning server..." but the last thing i saw was "Failed to connect to server" and nothing was change on my server log. Hope someone can help me about this. Thank you.

I had the same issue when port 15000 wasn't opened.

@Nuke142 said:
Hey.
How about guide for armhf (armv7) machines?

Because i have "/root/mordhau_server/steamcmd/linux32/steamcmd: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error"

I doubt you will get it running well if at all on an armhf machine. Is this a local machine or a hosting provider?

Baron 25 6
  • 11 Jun
 AleX

Anyone experience more latency/ping on non official full server ?

I already played with tickrate / clienrate options and so on but nothing change.

531 283
  • 11 Jun
 Gambit

@AleX said:
Anyone experience more latency/ping on non official full server ?

I already played with tickrate / clienrate options and so on but nothing change.

Do you get the same on empty servers?

Baron 25 6
  • 1
  • 12 Jun
 AleX

@Gambit said:

@AleX said:
Anyone experience more latency/ping on non official full server ?

I already played with tickrate / clienrate options and so on but nothing change.

Do you get the same on empty servers?

No I have no prob untill ~25 players.
35-50 with 16 players and about 45-90 with 32 players.
I never had that kind of issue while I already had some UE4 server (like Ark, etc...)

531 283
  • 12 Jun
 Gambit

@AleX said:

@Gambit said:

@AleX said:
Anyone experience more latency/ping on non official full server ?

I already played with tickrate / clienrate options and so on but nothing change.

Do you get the same on empty servers?

No I have no prob untill ~25 players.
35-50 with 16 players and about 45-90 with 32 players.
I never had that kind of issue while I already had some UE4 server (like Ark, etc...)

I guess it's the server bottlenecking then.

Baron 25 6
  • 12 Jun
 AleX

Bottleneck an entire dedicated server (Xeon 1620 with 250 Mbps up/down) with 64 + 16 Mordhau slots ... hmmm ... not possible
No prob on official servers so there is another issue.

I didn't have this prob on other UE4 games.

531 283
  • 12 Jun
 Gambit

@AleX said:
Bottleneck an entire dedicated server (Xeon 1620 with 250 Mbps up/down) with 64 + 16 Mordhau slots ... hmmm ... not possible
No prob on official servers so there is another issue.

I didn't have this prob on other UE4 games.

I didn't read the part about it being your server, but if you're getting increased latency with more players, something is definitely bottlenecking. Is it possible both instances are using the same cores? And what does your utilisation look like when they're full?

Baron 25 6
  • 19 Jun
 AleX

@Gambit said:
I didn't read the part about it being your server, but if you're getting increased latency with more players, something is definitely bottlenecking. Is it possible both instances are using the same cores? And what does your utilisation look like when they're full?

I finally solve that with a higher bandwith in the server config.
Just tweak network options.

531 283
  • 19 Jun
 Gambit

@AleX said:

@Gambit said:
I didn't read the part about it being your server, but if you're getting increased latency with more players, something is definitely bottlenecking. Is it possible both instances are using the same cores? And what does your utilisation look like when they're full?

I finally solve that with a higher bandwith in the server config.
Just tweak network options.

That's interesting, cheers for posting the solution. I'm setting up some multi instance servers soon so I'll keep it in mind.

I have a signature

Baron 25 6
  • 19 Jun
 AleX

I remember ARK devs limit bandwith to 60K so I increase that yo
Game.ini
[/Script/Engine.GameNetworkManager]
TotalNetBandwidth=200000
MaxDynamicBandwidth=30000 (per connection)

I think that's tooooo much but it's works for me. I don't have any issue with this high numbers because I don't have any other servers than Mordhau for the moment.

When I multihomed a server I can't see it in the server browser
Have you any idea about that ? (But I think it's a UE4 issue but ...)

531 283
  • 2
  • 19 Jun
 Gambit

@AleX said:
I remember ARK devs limit bandwith to 60K so I increase that yo
Game.ini
[/Script/Engine.GameNetworkManager]
TotalNetBandwidth=200000
MaxDynamicBandwidth=30000 (per connection)

I think that's tooooo much but it's works for me. I don't have any issue with this high numbers because I don't have any other servers than Mordhau for the moment.

When I multihomed a server I can't see it in the server browser
Have you any idea about that ? (But I think it's a UE4 issue but ...)

I've no idea. I thought the server browser listing was displayed after at least one person connects through the console, but I've found that not to be the case. The logs show it broadcasting to something when booting up, so if it gets mapped to a different host/port maybe that breaks it. I'm not familiar with multihoming though.

I have a signature

1 0

@Sumerian said:
Finally found Dependencies for RHEL and CentOS

yum install pango.i686 fontconfig.i686 fontconfig-devel.i686 glibc.i686 libstdc++.i686 nss.i686 GConf2.i686 libXi.i686 libXcursor.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 libXcomposite.i686 alsa-lib.i686 libXdamage.i686 libXtst.i686 atk.i686 libXrandr.i686

you're a legend dude, thanks so much

how did you manage to find these?

531 283
  • 27 Jun
 Gambit

@GlorifiedPig said:

@Sumerian said:
Finally found Dependencies for RHEL and CentOS

yum install pango.i686 fontconfig.i686 fontconfig-devel.i686 glibc.i686 libstdc++.i686 nss.i686 GConf2.i686 libXi.i686 libXcursor.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 libXcomposite.i686 alsa-lib.i686 libXdamage.i686 libXtst.i686 atk.i686 libXrandr.i686

you're a legend dude, thanks so much

how did you manage to find these?

What version of CentOS are you using? I haven't needed any dependencies for Centos7. Things like xrandr are for desktop environments too so probably unnecessary.

I have a signature

1 0
  • 4 Jul
 Infected

Bro i'm having issues, i cant run the update mordhau script, and i also cant find the folders to configurate, i Need your help pls!!!

531 283
  • 4 Jul
 Gambit

@Infected said:
Bro i'm having issues, i cant run the update mordhau script, and i also cant find the folders to configurate, i Need your help pls!!!

You need to provide info on why you can't run it, what it says etc.. The configuration folders will not get created until you do that.

I have a signature

9 0

Hey guys. I have another thread, but hoping to maybe get some insight here. I installed mordhau using LGSM, which manages a lot of the installation process and configuration. Using this same exact setup on a VPS, I'm getting errors/crashes and the game server won't stay running. It's pretty consistently just puking out this:

[2019.07.05-13.42.59:206][485]LogMordhauGameSession: Steam authentication for d34thmittens completed successfully
[2019.07.05-13.43.18:005][610]LogGameMode: GameMode returned ReadyToStartMatch
[2019.07.05-13.43.18:005][610]LogGameMode: Display: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
[2019.07.05-13.43.18:005][610]LogMordhauGameSession: Verbose: Updating server session
[2019.07.05-13.43.18:006][610]LogGameState: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
[2019.07.05-13.44.41:927][630]LogCore: === Critical error: ===
Unhandled Exception: SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to read memory at address 0x00000000658f3f54
0x00000000051966d3 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN16FPhysSubstepTask22SubstepSimulationStartEv(+0x2c2)
0x0000000005190ba3 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZNK30TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstanceILb0E16FPhysSubstepTaskFvvEJP19PhysXCompletionTaskEE13ExecuteIfSafeEv(+0x22)
0x00000000036cd32b MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN10TGraphTaskI24FSimpleDelegateGraphTaskE11ExecuteTaskER6TArrayIP14FBaseGraphTask17FDefaultAllocatorEN13ENamedThreads4TypeE(+0x3a)
0x0000000003ad41b6 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN16FNamedTaskThread23ProcessTasksNamedThreadEib(+0x85)
0x0000000003ad3dc3 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN16FNamedTaskThread21ProcessTasksUntilQuitEi(+0x42)
0x0000000003ad3601 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN24FTaskGraphImplementation22WaitUntilTasksCompleteERK6TArrayI12TRefCountPtrI11FGraphEventE16TInlineAllocatorILj4E17FDefaultAllocatorEEN13ENamedThreads4TypeE(+0x200)
0x00000000053a841b MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN18FTickTaskSequencer16ReleaseTickGroupE13ETickingGroupb(+0xba)
0x00000000053a6218 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN16FTickTaskManager12RunTickGroupE13ETickingGroupb(+0x17)
0x0000000004faf9ed MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN6UWorld4TickE10ELevelTickf(+0x84c)0x0000000004ea6eb4 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN11UGameEngine4TickEfb(+0x2c3)
0x000000000354fc1c MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN11FEngineLoop4TickEv(+0x3bb)
0x000000000355082a MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_Z11GuardedMainPKw(+0x299)
0x00000000056fc59d MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_Z14CommonUnixMainiPPcPFiPKwE(+0xa9c)
0x00007f01654a63d5 libc.so.6!__libc_start_main(+0xf4)0x000000000354b029 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!UnknownFunction(0x334b028)
[2019.07.05-13.44.41:937][630]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError

531 283
  • 5 Jul
 Gambit

@d34thmittens said:
Hey guys. I have another thread, but hoping to maybe get some insight here. I installed mordhau using LGSM, which manages a lot of the installation process and configuration. Using this same exact setup on a VPS, I'm getting errors/crashes and the game server won't stay running. It's pretty consistently just puking out this:

[2019.07.05-13.42.59:206][485]LogMordhauGameSession: Steam authentication for d34thmittens completed successfully
[2019.07.05-13.43.18:005][610]LogGameMode: GameMode returned ReadyToStartMatch
[2019.07.05-13.43.18:005][610]LogGameMode: Display: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
[2019.07.05-13.43.18:005][610]LogMordhauGameSession: Verbose: Updating server session
[2019.07.05-13.43.18:006][610]LogGameState: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
[2019.07.05-13.44.41:927][630]LogCore: === Critical error: ===
Unhandled Exception: SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to read memory at address 0x00000000658f3f54
0x00000000051966d3 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN16FPhysSubstepTask22SubstepSimulationStartEv(+0x2c2)
0x0000000005190ba3 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZNK30TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstanceILb0E16FPhysSubstepTaskFvvEJP19PhysXCompletionTaskEE13ExecuteIfSafeEv(+0x22)
0x00000000036cd32b MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN10TGraphTaskI24FSimpleDelegateGraphTaskE11ExecuteTaskER6TArrayIP14FBaseGraphTask17FDefaultAllocatorEN13ENamedThreads4TypeE(+0x3a)
0x0000000003ad41b6 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN16FNamedTaskThread23ProcessTasksNamedThreadEib(+0x85)
0x0000000003ad3dc3 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN16FNamedTaskThread21ProcessTasksUntilQuitEi(+0x42)
0x0000000003ad3601 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN24FTaskGraphImplementation22WaitUntilTasksCompleteERK6TArrayI12TRefCountPtrI11FGraphEventE16TInlineAllocatorILj4E17FDefaultAllocatorEEN13ENamedThreads4TypeE(+0x200)
0x00000000053a841b MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN18FTickTaskSequencer16ReleaseTickGroupE13ETickingGroupb(+0xba)
0x00000000053a6218 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN16FTickTaskManager12RunTickGroupE13ETickingGroupb(+0x17)
0x0000000004faf9ed MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN6UWorld4TickE10ELevelTickf(+0x84c)0x0000000004ea6eb4 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN11UGameEngine4TickEfb(+0x2c3)
0x000000000354fc1c MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_ZN11FEngineLoop4TickEv(+0x3bb)
0x000000000355082a MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_Z11GuardedMainPKw(+0x299)
0x00000000056fc59d MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!_Z14CommonUnixMainiPPcPFiPKwE(+0xa9c)
0x00007f01654a63d5 libc.so.6!__libc_start_main(+0xf4)0x000000000354b029 MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping!UnknownFunction(0x334b028)
[2019.07.05-13.44.41:937][630]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError

Looks like you're running out of memory. What are the specs and provider of the VPS you're using?

I have a signature