Mordhau

Dedicated Server Hosting Guide (Linux)

Mercenary 31 13
  • 22 Oct '17
 Sumerian

Thank you for the reply. I tried those already and it was out of my ability. I just switched OS to Ubuntu and started over.
Now I'm hosting a Mordhau server with it. Thank you again.

Mercenary 31 13
  • 28 Oct '17
 Sumerian

Hi again.
Do you know how to set scheduled task like these?
every 05:59, kill the server
every 06:00, start the server

I tried sudo crontab -e
and put
59 5 sudo killall MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping
0 6
sudo su steam -c "nohup /home/steam/mordhau/MordhauServer.sh &"

but it doesn't work I think.

1 1

you could run a cron with root to do it like that....
and create a script to start / stop, maybe like this one, if your commands are right (i dont own the game yet :( ):

mordhau.sh - Usage: start|stop

!/bin/bash

function start_server() {
su steam -c "nohup /home/steam/mordhau/MordhauServer.sh &"
echo "Server started";
}
function stop_server() {
killall MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping
echo "Server stopped";
}

case "$1" in
start)
start_server
;;
stop)
stop_server
;;
*)
echo "Usage: start|stop"
;;
esac
exit 0

edit: add me on steam if you need further help... http://steamcommunity.com/id/squezzer

Duke 986 1381
  • 24 Nov '17
 PadanFain

@sQuezzerGol61700b1541e14d84 said:

what is this name stahp

Knight 3 2
  • 19 Jun '18
 SirEbenezer

Hey Guys,

big thanks to Vinc for the great guide!
Here is how I handle the restarting thing:

At first, create and start a systemd service for the Mordhau Server:

sudo cat > /etc/systemd/system/MordhauServer.service <<EOL
[Unit]
Description=Mordhau Server

[Service]
ExecStart=/home/steam/mordhau/MordhauServer.sh
User=steam

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
EOL
sudo systemctl start MordhauServer.service
sudo systemctl enable MordhauServer.service

After the service has started successfully, create a crontab that restarts it regularly:

sudo crontab -e

Choose your favorite editor and append the following line to restart the server daily at 4:30 am:

30 4 * * * /bin/systemctl restart MordhauServer.service

Actually, my server needs to restart quite often, because the performance drops remarkably after few days of running. Is anyone else having these issues?

• 22 Aug '18
 crthomas
This comment was deleted.
  • 22 Aug '18
 Sir Zombie
Conscript 1 0
  • 18 Sep '18
 Spec

Thank you for the guidelines to set this up.

Instructions talk about INSTALLDIR/Mordhau/Config;
I however needed to make the changes in the files in INSTALLDIR/Mordhau/Saved/Config/
Maybe this changed in the later versions of the server since I just got this setup.

I'll keep an eye on the performance too. Do you see increased memory or CPU load too?

• 1 Jan
 Moses
Knight 3278 6704
  • 1 Jan
 Bodkin

@Moses said:
what kind of beta incel loser uses linux anyway. honestly.

heY BroO iM so cOOlL i UseEE LiNUxX

suck my fucking dick idiots. no one gives a fuck about you or your linux. fuck the penguin mascot you incels.

here-is-some-attention-19299252

4 0

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding setting up a server via steamCMD without a subscription to the game. Are you going to have to purchase the game twice in order to host it?

Knight 7 2
  • 29 Apr
 viktae

You need to connect to SteamCMD using the credentials of the account having the gamebolded text

Mercenary 31 13
  • 29 Apr
 Sumerian

Finally found Dependencies for RHEL and CentOS

yum install pango.i686 fontconfig.i686 fontconfig-devel.i686 glibc.i686 libstdc++.i686 nss.i686 GConf2.i686 libXi.i686 libXcursor.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 libXcomposite.i686 alsa-lib.i686 libXdamage.i686 libXtst.i686 atk.i686 libXrandr.i686

4 0

So If I want to play and host a server I need to buy the game on two separate accounts? On my main account and on the account that's hosting the game?

4 3
  • 29 Apr
 Xentripetal

Has anyone been able to get Engine.ini changes to stay? Any changes I make to it immediately disappear after starting the server.

68 94
  • 30 Apr
 narwic

I managed to get my server up and running, I can see the maps running: "Bringing up level for play..." etc... in the log. But I still can't see the server in the in-game Server Browser. Ports seem open, I can run a Windows server just fine from within my network.

Anybody have any ideas what I should try next?

68 94
  • 30 Apr
 narwic

Actually, never mind. I had forgotten to forward 27015 to the correct machine.

Thanks for the excellent guide!

21 10
 Kaervan

I'm trying to set up a dedicated server, but there is no Saved directory in the Mordhau directory, so there are no config ini files (no Game.ini). I've tried deleting and re-installing the server with the steam script in the original post, but no luck. In fact, there are no files that contain any of the strings from the original post anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Figured it out. Have to run the game with the MordhauServer.sh script first, then it creates the Saved directory.

2 0
  • 1 May
 Destroptor

@Kaervan Can you elaborate? I tried to run the server - I had it full of players but still no "Saved" folder. Is it a problem with folder ownership or something?

4 0
  • 1 May
 Khalimerot

Hi,

doest anybody know how i can change the port mordhau is listening?

I already have multiple unreal engine games server running, and default port seems to use the sames one.

Thank you.