Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Chambering Footage in Slowmotion

Knight 63 88
  • 2
  • 13 Sep '17
 greyfox

I created some chambering footage in slowmotion to better understand the timing and direction etc. It's not perfect but maybe it helps.

Knight 24 107
  • 13 Sep '17
 Doppelsöldner

Excellent video! Helped me immensely to understand chambering!

At 2:04, you seem to "feint" a thrust and cancel it. Was this accomplished by using the game's explicit feint command (Q by default), or is there another way to cancel attacks without switching to a parry?

The last game I played in this vein was Mount and Blade in which all feinting/attack cancelling is done by blocking, so I'm just trying to figure out a way to cancel my own attacks without switching to a parry (which renders me briefly defenseless).

Knight 63 88
  • 14 Sep '17
 greyfox

@Doppelsöldner said:
Excellent video! Helped me immensely to understand chambering!

At 2:04, you seem to "feint" a thrust and cancel it. Was this accomplished by using the game's explicit feint command (Q by default), or is there another way to cancel attacks without switching to a parry?

The last game I played in this vein was Mount and Blade in which all feinting/attack cancelling is done by blocking, so I'm just trying to figure out a way to cancel my own attacks without switching to a parry (which renders me briefly defenseless).

Thank you, Im glad it helps you! What you see at 2:04 is a normal feint made with "Q"

Knight 256 264
  • 14 Sep '17
 CrimsonKing

@Doppelsöldner said:
Excellent video! Helped me immensely to understand chambering!

At 2:04, you seem to "feint" a thrust and cancel it. Was this accomplished by using the game's explicit feint command (Q by default), or is there another way to cancel attacks without switching to a parry?

The last game I played in this vein was Mount and Blade in which all feinting/attack cancelling is done by blocking, so I'm just trying to figure out a way to cancel my own attacks without switching to a parry (which renders me briefly defenseless).

You can get around the FTP bind by typing "m.autoFTP 0" in console and then binding feint and parry to RMB.

Knight 7 5
  • 1
  • 14 Sep '17
 Dire

@CrimsonKing said:
You can get around the FTP bind by typing "m.autoFTP 0" in console and then binding feint and parry to RMB.

pnznkqgsrgw4tx0qdpxr.jpg

Baron 1226 1617
  • 15 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@CrimsonKing said:

@Doppelsöldner said:
Excellent video! Helped me immensely to understand chambering!

At 2:04, you seem to "feint" a thrust and cancel it. Was this accomplished by using the game's explicit feint command (Q by default), or is there another way to cancel attacks without switching to a parry?

The last game I played in this vein was Mount and Blade in which all feinting/attack cancelling is done by blocking, so I'm just trying to figure out a way to cancel my own attacks without switching to a parry (which renders me briefly defenseless).

You can get around the FTP bind by typing "m.autoFTP 0" in console and then binding feint and parry to RMB.

nice, now I just have to find a way to open console ;p

6 6
  • 1
  • 15 Sep '17
 nuubeli

The default key to open console didnt work for me, so I went to steamapps and mordhau folder, opened the config file and replaced the "Openconsole" rows with another key. There were 2 rows where I replaced the old key with a new one. On mobile atm so dont remember exactly

Knight 7 5
  • 1
  • 15 Sep '17
 Dire

@Carlo_Mano said:

nice, now I just have to find a way to open console ;p

`