Mordhau

How to run a dedicated server (Windows)

2 1
  • 8 Jun
 Robot_Maid

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:
Ok so first question is dose your server show up in the main server browser or in the LAN tab?
If it only shows up in the LAN tab then no one will be able to join unless they are with in your home network.

So there are a few issues that you both should look into. For starters find your external IP address
https://www.whatsmyip.org/ is a good place to find your IPV4 IP address. It should look something like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Xs being numbers. That will be your external IP address

Next, go to an online scanner and have them check to see if your UDK ports are indeed actually open.
https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
enter your IP address then the ports you want to test to see if they are open.

Now if they are not, confirm that you can open them on your router using the Port Forwarding for your internal IP address of your server.
*to find your internal IP address. Type CMD in windows search, then type IPCONFIG and hit ENTER. You will be looking for your server's local IP address, typically: 192.168.1.xxx This is the ip address you will be port forwarding (opening up the ports) in your router for.

Once you have your ports opened, test them again. Now if you find that the ports are still closed after you port forwarded them in your router, call your ISP as they may have them blocked from the modem

I can see it in the main server browser when I have it running, but I can't join. It might be the ISP as I've confirmed that in my router settings the ports are indeed open. Thanks for your suggestion.

22 2

Game.ini
PlayerRespawnTime=0.01
BallistaRespawnTime=0.01
CatapultRespawnTime=0.01
HorseRespawnTime=0.01
The smaller the number, the less effective
Normal before it is updated

22 2

Settings in this Frontline mode
Are officially preset and cannot be changed
I tried to change the game.ini
PlayerRespawnTime = 0.01
BallistaRespawnTime = 0.01
CatapultRespawnTime = 0.01
HorseRespawnTime = 0.01
No effect

7 1
  • 29 Jun
 hehhh

My server doesn't show in the internet browser and no-one can join.

I can join through LAN
I can join with the open command but not with my public IP.

Ports are forwarded and not being blocked

any ideas?

Count 238 267

@hehhh said:

I can join through LAN

any ideas?

Go through some posts in this thread. I posted a site where you can test to see if your ports are actually opened or not. Some ISPs will block ports and you may have to do a request to open them.

7 1
  • 29 Jun
 hehhh

@hehhh said:

I can join through LAN

any ideas?

Go through some posts in this thread. I posted a site where you can test to see if your ports are actually opened or not. Some ISPs will block ports and you may have to do a request to open them.

Online port checkers say the ports are closed, I spoke with my ISP and they have unblocked this for me as by default everything is blocked.

People can now see the server under 'Internet' in the browser but get the error 'Failed to connect to server' ??

I have tried another computer in my network and tried joining through LAN and also get the same error

Count 238 267

@hehhh said:

@hehhh said:

I can join through LAN

any ideas?

Online port checkers say the ports are closed, I spoke with my ISP and they have unblocked this for me as by default everything is blocked.

People can now see the server under 'Internet' in the browser but get the error 'Failed to connect to server' ??

I have tried another computer in my network and tried joining through LAN and also get the same error

Ok so i am glad to know that I was right about the ISP and that is resolved. So there was an update a few days ago. Make sure your server files are up to date, then Verify the game cache if you installed the server through steam. if you did it in SteamCMD then add the -validate in the console in addition to the app_update 629800. That should square away any issues with the server game files.

7 1
  • 30 Jun
 hehhh

@hehhh said:

@hehhh said:

I can join through LAN

any ideas?

Ok so i am glad to know that I was right about the ISP and that is resolved. So there was an update a few days ago. Make sure your server files are up to date, then Verify the game cache if you installed the server through steam. if you did it in SteamCMD then add the -validate in the console in addition to the app_update 629800. That should square away any issues with the server game files.

Online still says my ports are closed even though I have setup the port forwarding

Count 238 267

@hehhh said:
Online still says my ports are closed even though I have setup the port forwarding

Sadly it sounds like your ISP needs to be called again and to confirm the ports are open.

190 95

@隊友都垃圾很可憐 said:
不知道這個錯誤是不是來自隊友傷害改成-100所產生的伺服器崩潰問題
但這個改法 能讓隊友回血 很好玩大眾 也覺得 這玩法很創新
因這設定讓我伺服器具有獨特創新玩法 獲得好評 希望官方不要改 但能修復伺服器崩潰 問題I don't know if this error is caused by a server crash caused by teammate damage changed to -100.
But this change can make teammates return blood. It’s fun to play with the public. I think this game is very innovative.
Because of this setting, my server has a unique and innovative gameplay. I’m hoping that I don’t want to change the official but I can fix the server crash.

what do you mean by return blood?
sounds interesting.

13 2

so this is weird af, had the server running for few days, people can join it, but not everyone, my 2 friends don't seem to be able to join, not even with console open command.
checking ports, all the ports seem to be closed but, other people can find my server in the server browser and join.
so everything seems to work fine but at the same time not fine, WHAT THE FUCK!?!

Edit: quick test: https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/mordhau/3990923
it does show as online on that site....

2 0

My friend can't join my server.

16 3
  • 13 Aug
 MOV_HAWKS

I WANT MORE ADMIN TOOLS LIKE GOD DAM!

4 0
  • 13 Aug
 David.H

So I followed both of these guides and with the ports from this guide (I made the every port TCP/UDP). https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=HlXqYDuyHXA https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=HlXqYDuyHXA . I have my server but it only shows up in my LAN tab in the server browser and not in the normal server browser. I dont know my server IP and others cant find it in the server browser. Could anyone help me please ?

3 1
  • 11 Sep
 WoofWoof

Anyone know how to disable projectiles? I am able to disable collisions on most of them but I am looking to completely disable the entire use of them on my horde mode server. I've seen a few servers that have done this but I can't seem to replicate this.

Count 238 267

@WoofWoof said:
Anyone know how to disable projectiles? I am able to disable collisions on most of them but I am looking to completely disable the entire use of them on my horde mode server. I've seen a few servers that have done this but I can't seem to replicate this.

File location: .../mordhau/Content/Mordhau/Blueprints/equipment/.... there you will have the folder of type and you will want to rename the @.uasset file type.
Example: ...Equipment/misc/BR_BearTrap.uasset
I just added an "A" to the front of the file name that way I still had the asset when I wanted to revert it back and all the ones I changed are easier to find.
Example: ...Equipment/misc/ABR_BearTrap.uasset

So you can pick and chose the weapons you want to remove. but for A duelyard here are the ones I removed:
Equipment/Misc/BP_BearTrap.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_ArrowProjectile.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_BoltProjectile.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_BoltQuiver.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_Bow.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_Crossbow_BR.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_Crossbow.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_Longbow_BR.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_LongbowHunter.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_LongbowQuiver.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_Longbow.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_MissileEquipment.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_MissileProjectile.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_RecurveBow_BR.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_RecurveBowQuiver.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/BP_RecurveBow.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/VC_CrossbowSway.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/VC_LongbowSway.uasset
Equipment/Ranged/VC_RecurveSway.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_FireBomb_BR.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_FireBombProjectile.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_FireBomb.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_FireBomb_Yeet.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_Javelin.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_RockProjectile_BR.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_RockProjectile.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_SmokeBomb_BR.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_SmokeBombProjectile.uasset
Equipment/Thrown/BP_SmokeBomb.uasset
Equipment/Misc/BP_ToolBox.uasset

3 1
  • 12 Sep
 WoofWoof

My god you are a lifesaver, I'm not sure how much a strangers thanks on the internet is worth but.... Thank you so much! It's people like you that help keep my faith in humanity lol Have an absolutely beautiful day :3 Seriously, I can't thank you enough!

3 1
  • 12 Sep
 WoofWoof

Well, unfortunately I can't seem to get it working quite right. Whenever I rename or remove a file like you've suggested, the game throws errors that say it can't find dependencies to or from the files I've modified. I've asked another person how to do this but they were extremely vague. Told me I just have to rename and or delete files. To be honest I'm starting to get a bit annoyed by all of this, I don't know what else to do.

Count 238 267

@WoofWoof said:
Well, unfortunately I can't seem to get it working quite right. Whenever I rename or remove a file like you've suggested, the game throws errors that say it can't find dependencies to or from the files I've modified. I've asked another person how to do this but they were extremely vague. Told me I just have to rename and or delete files. To be honest I'm starting to get a bit annoyed by all of this, I don't know what else to do.

Make sure you rename the files with the .uasset file type of the weapon you want to disable. Dont disable a folder but the individual file. Now if you are looking at the server log, It will throw errors in the log but the server should run fine. Try one or two weapons at a time, run the server and test, then all more weapons and test. There maybe an unknown issue with the recent patches possibly effecting it but for me I see the occasional errors in red in the server logs but the server runs fine and the weapons are disabled.