Screaming no blood, teammates go to fight him to help restore blood
There will be an error

3 0
  • 18 May
 kwokut

@隊友都垃圾很可憐 said:
不知道這個錯誤是不是來自隊友傷害改成-100所產生的伺服器崩潰問題
但這個改法 能讓隊友回血 很好玩大眾 也覺得 這玩法很創新
因這設定讓我伺服器具有獨特創新玩法 獲得好評 希望官方不要改 但能修復伺服器崩潰 問題I don't know if this error is caused by a server crash caused by teammate damage changed to -100.
But this change can make teammates return blood. It’s fun to play with the public. I think this game is very innovative.
Because of this setting, my server has a unique and innovative gameplay. I’m hoping that I don’t want to change the official but I can fix the server crash.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/15883/server-crash/
我和你有幾乎一樣的錯誤提示,然後服務器端的進程整個崩潰。但我沒有設定隊友傷害-100,倒是設定了隊友傷害0
I have almost the same error message as you, and the server process crash. But I did not set the team damage to -100, i set 0.

1 0
  • 19 May
 Torvaldy

How to put a key that is not 1 letter of the alphabet (A-Z) for open console?

example ' or -

2 0
  • 19 May
 Bonk

Any progress yet on automatically executing admin commands on map load? addbots/slomo 0.8 etc? It would be really nice to have a way to do this, but no solutions here or on the linux thread as far as I can tell.

11 0
  • 20 May
 Rkillah

Hi I have created this for windows servers as a temporary fix until they fix it themselves quickly swap gamemodes and default start map other than the pit and deathmatch as it does at present.
This will allow you to change anything in the DefaultEngine.ini so youcan have different settings for each game mode.

on Mordhau.com RKillahsGamemodeSelector_V2.zip
or
on steam RKillahsGamemodeSelector_V2.zip
later
RK

Count 237 267

@Rkillah said:
Hi I have created this for windows servers as a temporary fix until they fix it themselves quickly swap gamemodes and default start map other than the pit and deathmatch as it does at present.
This will allow you to change anything in the DefaultEngine.ini so youcan have different settings for each game mode.

on Mordhau.com RKillahsGamemodeSelector_V2.zip
or
on steam RKillahsGamemodeSelector_V2.zip
later
RK

Nothing to download from the link. But it is not hard to edit the DefaultEngine.ini and change the default map loading or even changing the tick rate. Why not just post the changes you made.

11 0
  • 20 May
 Rkillah

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls

Just checked the one link works from steam.
What this does is....
When you run it it asks you what gamemode 1- 6 for all the different game modes
it has 6 predefined "game.ini" files with the map rotation in and server name,maxplayers and it copies and overwrites to "mordhau_server\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\game.ini"
It also has 6 predefined "DefaultEngine.ini" with the default startmap to "mordhau_server\Mordhau\Config\DefaultEngine.ini"
Then it starts up the server imediately relevant to the game mode you chose.

I know its not hard to edit the DefaultEngine.ini
but when you change gamemode this needs to edited each time this just saves all the hassle
later RK

2 1
  • 20 May
 epoch

Hi all.

Do I need to create a new Steam account and purchase a copy of Mordhau on that account in order to host a server?

I've tried installing Steam (using my regular account) onto my dedi box and downloading the Mordhau Dedicated Server. But when I try to launch it I get a message saying I need to log out of Steam on my regular PC (which had the Mordhau game running).

So I created a Steam server account, but Mordhau Dedicated Server isn't listed in Tools (though lots of other dedicated server installs are).

Thanks in advance for advice.

Count 237 267

@Rkillah said:

What this does is....
it has 6 predefined "game.ini" files with the map rotation in and server name,maxplayers and it copies and overwrites to "mordhau_server\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\game.ini"
It also has 6 predefined "DefaultEngine.ini" with the default startmap to "mordhau_server\Mordhau\Config\DefaultEngine.ini"

but when you change gamemode this needs to edited each time this just saves all the hassle
later RK

lols I found the download save message on my 3rd monitor... .durp. Yeah I looked through your script and understood what it does. I typically do not change game modes or run my servers in that way. We have a dedicated Frontline server and a dedicated duel FFA server and our third is a mixed mode with specific maps and modes in the maps list.

Nice work though, I see how it could be useful to some. I just hope they give us the option to remove the map voting and just let the maplist run. I find that the map voting tends to vote for the same maps over and over.

Count 237 267

@epoch said:
Hi all.

Do I need to create a new Steam account and purchase a copy of Mordhau on that account in order to host a server?

I've tried installing Steam (using my regular account) onto my dedi box and downloading the Mordhau Dedicated Server. But when I try to launch it I get a message saying I need to log out of Steam on my regular PC (which had the Mordhau game running).

So I created a Steam server account, but Mordhau Dedicated Server isn't listed in Tools (though lots of other dedicated server installs are).

Ok two things, First re read the initial post. it will explain how to use SteamCMD to download and install the dedicated server using an anonymous account. You can, however, use Steam and log into it with your log in to download and install. It will ask you to log out on they other machine, and that is fine. Log out and install the game server onto your server. Once it is installed you can close steam, find the dedicated server EXE, make a shortcut for your desktop and run it without being logged into Steam on that machine. Make sure you add -log in the command line of the Mordhau dedicated server shortcut.

Thanks in advance for advice.

2 1
  • 21 May
 epoch

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:

Ok two things, First re read the initial post. it will explain how to use SteamCMD to download and install the dedicated server using an anonymous account.>

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to post - I appreciate it.

I did read the first post. Acting upon your advice I re-read it. There is no mention of SteamCMD in the post. Indeed, if specifically directs you to download the server files from the Steam client.

However, thanks to your comment I was able to find the relevant info on the Wiki.

Cheers

11 0
  • 21 May
 Rkillah

@Rkillah said:

What this does is....

later RK

lols I found the download save message on my 3rd monitor... .durp. Yeah I looked through your script and understood what it does. I typically do not change game modes or run my servers in that way. We have a dedicated Frontline server and a dedicated duel FFA server and our third is a mixed mode with specific maps and modes in the maps list.

Nice work though, I see how it could be useful to some. I just hope they give us the option to remove the map voting and just let the maplist run. I find that the map voting tends to vote for the same maps over and over.

Yeah this would be pretty useless for someone that just runs the one game mode but if you are like me and run whatever gamemode people request, it is easy to change it, yeah the map voting seems to be the same maps all the while, as soon as they give us recon access for commandline I shall make some awesome manager but for now hey this will do.

BTW whats the name of your servers? may jump on and kick your ass or get mine kicked one day :)
RK

Count 237 267

@Rkillah said:

@Rkillah said:

What this does is....

later RK

Yeah this would be pretty useless for someone that just runs the one game mode but if you are like me and run whatever gamemode people request, it is easy to change it, yeah the map voting seems to be the same maps all the while, as soon as they give us recon access for commandline I shall make some awesome manager but for now hey this will do.

BTW whats the name of your servers? may jump on and kick your ass or get mine kicked one day :)
RK

I have 3 and they are listed as "[KILA]___THUNDERDOME..." with player count, game mode and location.

BTW did you get a chance to read my Server admin request post?
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/3275/retsnoms-server-administration/?page=1
Hoping that they will implement some of these, if not we will possible need a remote admin Mutator as well as a MOTD Mutator

6 0
  • 22 May
 Andi

Hi all!

Can someone tell me how to fire up the dedicated Server in Offline-Mode?

We want to play 4 on 4 in my basement, 3 guys already bought the game me included.
I am the host for our small lan - parties.
The other 5 say it has no offline lan support.

I got different opinion, i am pretty sure that it will work like the chivalry dedicated server, but cant find the right switch to let the server run in offline mode.
Or is there a way to create a game in the game?

any help will make us happy

BR
Andi

Count 237 267

@Andi said:
Hi all!

Can someone tell me how to fire up the dedicated Server in Offline-Mode?

We want to play 4 on 4 in my basement, 3 guys already bought the game me included.
I am the host for our small lan - parties.
The other 5 say it has no offline lan support.

I got different opinion, i am pretty sure that it will work like the chivalry dedicated server, but cant find the right switch to let the server run in offline mode.
Or is there a way to create a game in the game?

any help will make us happy

BR
Andi

I believe all you have to do is create a local game and have your friends join it as it should show up in the LAN tab.
you might still have to open the game ports. If you have an extra PC and want to set up a dedicated server then follow the instructions and in the Game.ini you will want to change this to: True

[/Script/Mordhau.MordhauGameSession]
bIsLANServer=False

2 1
  • 25 May
 Robot_Maid

Hello, I've been having issues trying to run a server. I can get my server to appear in the browser, but I can't seem to connect.

I get the window saying "Joining Server" for about 30 seconds, but then it immediately kicks me to the main menu and says "failed to join server".

I've followed all the directions in the thread thus far, have all the ports properly opened and such.

4 0
  • 27 May
 WalkTV

@Robot_Maid said:
Hello, I've been having issues trying to run a server. I can get my server to appear in the browser, but I can't seem to connect.

I get the window saying "Joining Server" for about 30 seconds, but then it immediately kicks me to the main menu and says "failed to join server".

I've followed all the directions in the thread thus far, have all the ports properly opened and such.

I'm having the exact same issue, looking for a fix. Forwarding ports 7777-7778,15000-15001,27015-27016, and have firewall settings correct. I can see the server running the map(and cycling after a period of time, so I assume the server is running) but no one can connect to the server. Same error message: failed to join server

Am running it on a windows machine and installed it through steam

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Count 237 267

@Robot_Maid said:

@WalkTV said:

@Robot_Maid said:

I'm having the exact same issue, looking for a fix. Forwarding ports 7777-7778,15000-15001,27015-27016, and have firewall settings correct. I can see the server running the map(and cycling after a period of time, so I assume the server is running) but no one can connect to the server. Same error message: failed to join server

Am running it on a windows machine and installed it through steam

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Ok so first question is dose your server show up in the main server browser or in the LAN tab?
If it only shows up in the LAN tab then no one will be able to join unless they are with in your home network.

So there are a few issues that you both should look into. For starters find your external IP address
https://www.whatsmyip.org/ is a good place to find your IPV4 IP address. It should look something like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Xs being numbers. That will be your external IP address

Next, go to an online scanner and have them check to see if your UDK ports are indeed actually open.
https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
enter your IP address then the ports you want to test to see if they are open.

Now if they are not, confirm that you can open them on your router using the Port Forwarding for your internal IP address of your server.
*to find your internal IP address. Type CMD in windows search, then type IPCONFIG and hit ENTER. You will be looking for your server's local IP address, typically: 192.168.1.xxx This is the ip address you will be port forwarding (opening up the ports) in your router for.

Once you have your ports opened, test them again. Now if you find that the ports are still closed after you port forwarded them in your router, call your ISP as they may have them blocked from the modem

1 0
  • 31 May
 NA MAUL GOD

Cant seem to get my server to show up on the internet tab. It shows up and works on LAN. But the weird thing is that my other pc in my house can see it on LAN but cannot connect to it. It just gets failed to connect to server message. Any help? I have ports 7777 7778 7779 15000 8777 9777 7780 27015 27960 forwarded. I've even tried to delete all the server files (even from the directory) and redownload it all yet still the same problem.

2 0
  • 5 Jun
 be.water.

@NA MAUL GOD said:
Cant seem to get my server to show up on the internet tab. It shows up and works on LAN. But the weird thing is that my other pc in my house can see it on LAN but cannot connect to it. It just gets failed to connect to server message. Any help? I have ports 7777 7778 7779 15000 8777 9777 7780 27015 27960 forwarded. I've even tried to delete all the server files (even from the directory) and redownload it all yet still the same problem.

Actually I haven't found 1 manual, forum entry or anything else that has all necessary ports listed. I managed my server to show up in the server list, but still friends can't join (failed to update server info). I found out that it needs port 15000 as well. 7779 I haven't seen to be used yet, neither 8777, 9777 or 7780. I saw that port range 27015-27030 is needed. I will try again later after work (and when I find someone who tries to join from outside my lan) with 15000 added. I can give you a list of all the ports I forwarded when I managed to get it to work.
You said it works on LAN but only from 1 PC. The PC from which you can connect, is this also the host of the server? If yes, it might be the Windows-Firewall (or Linux if it's running Linux but I guess you run it on your windows gaming pc?). Try open the ports (or turn off windows firewall) in windows firewall for incoming connections.