Mordhau

How to run a dedicated server (Windows)

8 0

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:
Note
I believe I have found more settings that might work, have not tested yet.
bKickLiveIdlers=false
bPausable=True
bAdminPause=True
bOvertime
BadPingThreshold.

Good stuff, are these supposed to be tested independently or all together in unison? Also do they go in game.ini or engine.ini

Count 238 267

@RubberDinghyRapids said:
Is there any way to raise the time limit of a Skirmish round? For example to 5 minutes? Or make it so that the game doesn't end when the timer reaches 0.

There is a possiblity that this older cvar might work, not tested.
bOvertime=True

I believe there is an additional setting for setting how much time you can extend it for, at least in previous UDK games

Count 238 267

Note
bKickLiveIdlers=false
bPausable=True
bAdminPause=True
bOvertime
BadPingThreshold.

Good stuff, are these supposed to be tested independently or all together in unison? Also do they go in game.ini or engine.ini

I am currently testing in Game.ini but it may go in any from DefaultGame.ini to Engine.inis

8 0

Note
bKickLiveIdlers=false
bPausable=True
bAdminPause=True
bOvertime
BadPingThreshold.

I am currently testing in Game.ini but it may go in any from DefaultGame.ini to Engine.inis

Ok please let me know how the testing goes,I'm going to sleep now. Thanks again for helping

2 0

I can see it and others can join it and play on it but it always says "Failed to join server" for me.
I have tried joining via console and server list.

18 4

@隊友都垃圾很可憐 said:
https://imgur.com/a/d4saRDR

ServerDefaultMap=/Game/Mordhau/Maps/DuelCamp/FL_Camp.FL_Camp
Fixed it

29 3

MapRotation=FL_Camp
MapRotation=FL_Grad
MapRotation=FL_MountainPeak
MapRotation=FL_Taiga
MapRotation=FL_Contraband
MapRotation=FL_ThePit
MapRotation=FL_Tourney
MapRotation=BR_Camp
MapRotation=BR_Grad
MapRotation=BR_MountainPeak
MapRotation=BR_Taiga
MapRotation=BR_Contraband
MapRotation=BR_ThePit
MapRotation=BR_Tourney
MapRotation=HRD_Camp
MapRotation=HRD_Grad
MapRotation=HRD_MountainPeak
MapRotation=HRD_Taiga
MapRotation=HRD_Contraband
MapRotation=HRD_ThePit
MapRotation=HRD_Tourney
MapRotation=SKM_Camp
MapRotation=SKM_Grad
MapRotation=SKM_MountainPeak
MapRotation=SKM_Taiga
MapRotation=SKM_Contraband
MapRotation=SKM_ThePit
MapRotation=SKM_Tourney
MapRotation=FFA_Camp
MapRotation=FFA_Grad
MapRotation=FFA_MountainPeak
MapRotation=FFA_Taiga
MapRotation=FFA_Contraband
MapRotation=FFA_ThePit
MapRotation=FFA_Tourney
MapRotation=TDM_Camp
MapRotation=TDM_Grad
MapRotation=TDM_MountainPeak
MapRotation=TDM_Taiga
MapRotation=TDM_Contraband
MapRotation=TDM_ThePit
MapRotation=TDM_Tourney
會跑出很多沒有名字的地圖
Will run a lot of maps without names

2 0
  • 8 May
 nordlicht

Did anyone figured out how to run the Server with 60 Tickrate? My Windowsserver remove the entry always from the Engine.ini again ... any idea?

18 4

@nordlicht said:
Did anyone figured out how to run the Server with 60 Tickrate? My Windowsserver remove the entry always from the Engine.ini again ... any idea?

Tickrate is already defaulted to 60

8 0

The server keeps randomly crashing with
LogCollision:Error: GeomSweepSingle resulted in a NaN/INF in PHit!

Driving me crazy...

4 0
  • 8 May
 Keeper

@Rumple said:

@Rumple said:

@Rumple said:
The game still crashes in the same way it does when refreshing the server browser.

At what point is the game crashing? Are you hosting and playing on the same PC?

I'm hosting on a different PC running windows server 2016 on the same network. The server is using 25565 instead of 7777 which worked fine, allowing people from outside the network to connect. I haven't changed 7778 and its not open either.
27015 is not changed either but is open.

I usually crash when refreshing the server browser but it rarely works and lets me join the server, but then it always crashes on the loading screen. I have seen my self trying to connect in the server log when this happened.
When I try connecting using the console it crashes shortly after displaying the joining server box.

Ok for sure open port 7778. That should help. Are you able to connect to any server or does it only crash to your server? In the Server log are people connecting? Make sure you verify the game cache is the local files in Steam

Verifying my game cache was one of the first things I did and I can connect to most servers in the server browser. I could only see my self connect once in the server log but I haven't seen anyone else for a while so I'm thinking the problem is with the server.

I can't open port 7778 because I don't have access to the router config atm, thats why I changed 7777 to 25565 because its already open. I would need to change 7778 to something else like 25566 if it absolutely has to be open.
The wierd thing though is the server worked fine for a few hours without 7778 open. So unless it has something to do with the server's or client's .ini files I don't think opening it will achieve much.

Edit: What I suspected was true, server is completely reinstalled and running on 7777 and I still crash all the same.

My best guess what happened is I either fucked something up permanentally by trying to run the server with incorrect map names... This doesn't sound right to me though.

I'm also getting this issue when running two servers on my LAN, with either server started on its own I can connect fine but not when both are running at the same time
Ports are incremented and forwarded, both servers work perfectly fine for anyone joining from outside my network

Server1: -port=7777 -queryport=27015 -peerport=7778 -beaconport=15000
Server2: -port=7779 -queryport=27016 -peerport=7780 -beaconport=15001

Tested both with the secondary server running in the same VM as the first using the -userdir=server2 switch and from its own VM

7 1

Does BadPingThreshold work? How to use it?

7 0
  • 9 May
 Its_Spin

anyone know how to adjust max tick rate of 120 instead of 60?

4 0
  • 9 May
 Keeper

@Its_Spin said:

Put this in engine.ini under your saved configs (serverfolder\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\engine.ini)

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=120

13 2
  • 10 May
 Rumple

Every time I join my own server this happens. It started happening after updating. Anyone else run into this?
Mordhau-Win64-Shipping_ECCFilaQqU.png

Edit: So I fixed the problem. I had to open port 15000 wich worked. I then changed the config so the server uses 25566 instead of 15000 and now people can connect to my server again. The server is now using 27015, 25565, and 25566 which are all the ports I have open... If something shits it self again and I have to open another damn port I guess I'm just screwed. I don't have access to the router config so I can't open more ports.

29 3

How to change the number of vehicles on the map

29 3

如何改變 地圖的載具數量或是限制武器或裝備和天賦或是技能How to change the number of vehicles on the map or limit weapons or equipment and talent or skills

13 2
  • 10 May
 Rumple

Note
bKickLiveIdlers=false
bPausable=True
bAdminPause=True
bOvertime
BadPingThreshold

I couldn't get bKickLiveIdlers=false to work. I put it in Game.ini.

Count 238 267

@Keeper said:

@Its_Spin said:

Put this in engine.ini under your saved configs (serverfolder\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\engine.ini)

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=120

Actually that will not work. This is because the your engine.ini at that location will simply be rewritten once you restart your server. You have to go into your DefaultEngine.ini to change your tick rate.
Located: .....SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Mordhau Dedicated Server\Mordhau\Config
I tested 120 and the server was running too fast to connect to the master servers.
This may have been fixed by now with all the patches over the last week
I am running 90tick successfully though.